Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale vs Sheffield United

12346»

Comments

• Options
    @PragueAddick

Nothing wrong in disagreeing, its interesting reading others views and stances. You kind of answer my point in part, but also fail to see the key point i'm trying to make.

The greatest thing about any form of sport, which makes it so appealing to millions, is its uncertainty. Be it a Prem team getting knocked out a cup by a non-leaguer, a 3-0 lead becoming a 4-3 defeat, a boxer winning every round on points getting knocked out in the last few seconds, or a grand prix driver with a 40 second lead having an engine failure in the last lap.

The stats will tell you that those things don't happen very often, but that does not mean that they never happen. Its the possibility of it that makes the sports so appealing.

I have no issue whatsoever with the blind optimism of NLA, yourself, Rothko, Norfolk and others. Its endearing, and its much nicer to see positive stances.

However, there seems to be a huge misunderstanding by those in that camp of the difference between caution and negativity. I can't remember seeing in recent weeks a single post by someone saying 'we're not going to do it', and if there was then you are literally highlighting a needle in a haystack.

But those who hold the stance that it is not guaranteed yet seemed to be dumped into this camp, and branded as weak, negative non-believers. That is not just inaccurate, its annoying to be unfairly judged.

I am currently 95% certain we will be promoted, and 90% sure we will be champions. But we have (what appears to me) a very tough away game this Saturday that if it doesn't go to plan, will make things much tighter. Carlisle are unbeaten in 9, have not lost at home since Sept 10th, and have beaten Sheff U, Sheff W and Huddersfield at home this season. That (for the sake of the exagerators) is not me saying Carlisle are Barcelona and we are going to lose, i'm saying it is on paper going to be a very tough match which i would not bet the outcome on.

If we win on Saturday, then the picture becomes much, much clearer. But at this point in time i retain a small dose of caution and feel this Saturday needs to be treated as a cup final rather than a blind conclusion.

So yes, i do think its been a great season. Yes i've enjoyed it, and yes i'm sure will get promoted. I just desperately want us to win this league not get pipped at the last into second place, and i'm just not fully signing up to that yet because i feel there are still variables in play that could alter that. Even if the odds on those are very small. After Saturday they will hopefully be tiny, if non-existent.

Does that make me negative, or as others bitch elsewhere, a miserable spineless w***er ?

No it makes you a realist,as i am.I think we will go up as Champions,but everytime i look at the Sheff Utd and Wendies results they have won and i am getting very p****d off with it.Surely it is time for one or both of them to drop points.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    AFKA

Blind Optimist..me? You really think I don't go to sleep cursing the fact that the blades won 5-2 last night? Yes of course strange things happen in football.

My key point is; this group of players, and this manager DO NOT DESERVE the negativity and pessimism that many people are so willing to propogate. I don't mean you, I won't mention names, but Mike knows who he is:-)

So United and Wednesday won again. SO DID WE!!! Did you expect all six points over Easter? Me I'd have been happy with 4. When Hollands was sent off, I'd have settled for that in a flash. But our team have balls. They wanted the points and they delivered what many people think was their finest performance of the season to get them. You think that group of players is going to crumble and falter now? Why????

We are the first team in the country to pass 90 points. We need four more. Although me, I want to go up as Champions, and you haven't come with a credible reason why I should not believe in that, beyond that strange things happen in football. For example, we look jaded. Well Dave Jones said the same about his lot, and they are under far more pressure than us, they have that mad Serb in the boardroom worried about what little money he has left. Similar story across the city.

Yes we should respect Carlisle. And what about Carlisle and us, pray? Are we not the LAST team they would like to meet at this stage of their season?

Finally, imagine you are Yann Kermorgant. After having scored the winning goal at Oldham and been kicked from pillar to post, and staying on for 90 minutes against Walsall despite being dead on his feet, you come on here and read all this 'we are going to blow it' nonsense. I think you'd say something like:

"I put myself on the line every game this season, and so did all the others. We are six points clear because we are the best team in the division. You really think we are going to wilt now? Grow some, and get behind us, you pork pie eating surrender monkeys!!"

• Options
    ...you pork pie eating surrender monkeys!!"

PMSL
  • Options
    Well said Prague.....!!!!!
  • Options
    Actually Kermorgant would probably say

"Carlisle are going great guns (he's learned some English football cliches) and will be a real test for us, but if we work hard and as a team (etc etc) we should be able to get something out of the game. Every game will be tough, there are no easy games at this time of the season"
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I hope operation pig has the guts to come on and discuss Wednesday when they fail to make automatic. He only arrives when they've done well lately.
    I will, regardless of automatic or not we've had a cracking season compared to the horrendous one last time, Alan Irvine has got to be one of the worst managers I've ever seen along with Chris Turner.

If we fail to make the automatics then we will hopefully win the cup final to gain promotion.
  • Options
    AFKA

Blind Optimist..me? You really think I don't go to sleep cursing the fact that the blades won 5-2 last night? Yes of course strange things happen in football.

My key point is; this group of players, and this manager DO NOT DESERVE the negativity and pessimism that many people are so willing to propogate. I don't mean you, I won't mention names, but Mike knows who he is:-)

So United and Wednesday won again. SO DID WE!!! Did you expect all six points over Easter? Me I'd have been happy with 4. When Hollands was sent off, I'd have settled for that in a flash. But our team have balls. They wanted the points and they delivered what many people think was their finest performance of the season to get them. You think that group of players is going to crumble and falter now? Why????

We are the first team in the country to pass 90 points. We need four more. Although me, I want to go up as Champions, and you haven't come with a credible reason why I should not believe in that, beyond that strange things happen in football. For example, we look jaded. Well Dave Jones said the same about his lot, and they are under far more pressure than us, they have that mad Serb in the boardroom worried about what little money he has left. Similar story across the city.

Yes we should respect Carlisle. And what about Carlisle and us, pray? Are we not the LAST team they would like to meet at this stage of their season?

Finally, imagine you are Yann Kermorgant. After having scored the winning goal at Oldham and been kicked from pillar to post, and staying on for 90 minutes against Walsall despite being dead on his feet, you come on here and read all this 'we are going to blow it' nonsense. I think you'd say something like:

"I put myself on the line every game this season, and so did all the others. We are six points clear because we are the best team in the division. You really think we are going to wilt now? Grow some, and get behind us, you pork pie eating surrender monkeys!!"

I'll be behind them at the next four games thanks pal. You gonna be at all 4 after that post slating me for a couple of posts on an internet forum?

Get behind the team pal, see you at carlisle.
  • Options
    SHG - stop feeling sorry for yourself. A couple of people questioned your logic as to why you believed we would only get 5 points from the last 4. I understand you think it's enough, what people were questioning is why you believe this team will only get 5 points!!

'not playing well at the moment' is something I'm not buying. We aren't playing flowing attractive stuff, but that only contributes to a fraction of if a team is platyng well. We haven't had the full package for about 6 months...but still we keep on winning
  • Options
    Just to throw a little something into the mix here..................why aren't both the Sheffield clubs as jaded as we are?
    I've asked this several times, but have not yet received a reply.
  • Options
    Right, lets get it right. One win, one draw, we're up.

What if we go into administration - hah you can't get more pessimistic than that

Damn! hadn't thought of that!

Start a new thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope operation pig has the guts to come on and discuss Wednesday when they fail to make automatic. He only arrives when they've done well lately.
    I will, regardless of automatic or not we've had a cracking season compared to the horrendous one last time, Alan Irvine has got to be one of the worst managers I've ever seen along with Chris Turner.

If we fail to make the automatics then we will hopefully win the cup final to gain promotion.
    True - you've been doing very well, and I for one will miss the banter next season.

• Options

True - you've been doing very well, and I for one will miss the banter next season.

Don't be a pessimist Charlton will go up lol.
  • Options
    Prague

100% spot on, i know its annoying some who rightly have the mindset of caution, my point in all of this is and on other threads

That good teams win playing well

Great teams and Champions win when not playing well and destroy teams when they are

I just want to see praise for the team and not just at the end of the match thread all the whooping and jooping,

This team are grafting and not giving up, fighting tooth and nail to deliver not only for themselves but for us and if i thought they were going out there with any doubt that they can win every game or win this poxy league i would be fuming as that will come across on the pitch

We slipped up at home twice both times because we were not 100% focused and showed a different side of the trait (not that they didnt believe the thought it was done) as did we all after Bournemouth

But just as much as i am driving you nutts and pulling people up for showing the lack of faith or the belief that the players are showing us

you guys are annoying me with the lack of faith

Weds are diluded we know that some are arogant also but do you think they would be this pessimistic,

Look at the table really look at it

how does it make you feel, do you think the players dont look at it as often as you do ,

They want this they want it real bad, they have not let us down so far this season

12 months ago you were all screaming blue murder

Powell Out was being mooted

lets reflect

lets enojoy

lets believe and show the boys we believe

Some of those in the know on here have told me players , mgmt and board members have browsed on here

Charlton Life is becoming embeded in the pshcye of the club with its fantastic sponsorship and support of the clubs coffers

Do you think B would be on the top table at a POTY that in all honesty will have the champions cup on if it was not

We Owe them that if they come on here we show them

We believe

We trust

We expect

Feel your balls guys feel em and do you know what if you have to show em

COYR

ONE AIM

NLA
  • Options
    Thing is .. Sheffield United is a very good side
  • Options
    I have a man crush on NLA!
  • Options
    He'll soon be normal again when Powell brings in Parky as his assistant next year.
  • Options
    He'll soon be normal again when Powell brings in Parky as his assistant next year.

I will edit every post made this year and never go again if that ever happend to joke about it made vomit fill my mouth and my massive balls go up inside

• Options
    Well from what I've heard it's not beyond the realms of possibility...
  • Options
    Well from what I've heard it's not beyond the realms of possibility...

You going Carlisle I will make you pay for such filth leaving your mouth 8+)

• Options
    youtube.com/watch?v=mI8GEidaMMI

Dunno how to do the imbeding thingy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    youtube.com/watch?v=mI8GEidaMMI

Dunno how to do the imbeding thingy.

love it
  • Options
    good debate NLA & Prague.

I thought Land of Hope and Glory was going to start playing halfway through NLAs post :-)
  • Options
    just valley floyd road mate no need for the land of hope and glory

• Options
    Prague and NLA, great posts. NLA did you write any of Churchill's speeches?
  • Options
    He was my Dad
  • Options
    If ever I'm in a backs to the wall, about to get my arse kicked situation then the one man I want coming to my aid is NLA. He is a warrior and Superman rolled into one!

Either that or I'll just hide behind his ginormous goolies :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

• Options
    Wow what a post NLA!