Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WWE at the O2 tonight

Comments

• Options
    this isnt a sport, it's sport entertainment.

I am not interested but went with my boy a few years ago and it was a really well put together piece of theatre. Well worth the entry fee. I really enjoyed it. It's just a soap opera with a bit of staged 'fighting'

Some adults do think its real though :P
  • Options
    Is Big Daddy still wrestling? Used to love him. I didnt think much of Giant Haystacks tho, he scared me.
  • Options
    If you want theatre, go to the f***ing theatre. If your kids want sport, take them to football. Invest your money in something worth while.
  • Options
    Is Big Daddy still wrestling?
    If he is he's probably dropped a few pounds since he died in 1997.

• Options
    Shirley Crabtree
  • Options
    If you want theatre, go to the f***ing theatre. If your kids want sport, take them to football. Invest your money in something worth while.

What makes theatre more 'worth while' than wrestling?

I'm no big fan of wrestling I just don't get how you can decide one is superior to the other.
  • Options
    just checked my dictionary algarve and it states:

theatre (noun): a building or outdoor area in which plays and other dramatic performances are given.

Well, the 'wrestling' was a dramatic staged performance.

My boy likes both theatre and sport, so this was win all round.

We all know its not real - me included, but for shear entertainment, it was very good.
  • Options
    I was there with a bunch of friends and they all seemed to enjoy it! It's usually something you get into as a kid and continue to have the emotional attachment to as you grow up. You know.. like football.
  • Options
    What makes theatre more 'worth while' than wrestling?

I'm no big fan of wrestling I just don't get how you can decide one is superior to the other.
    Plus, what if you only have the time/money to take your lad to one event? You get the best of both worlds at the wrestling.
  • Options
    I love it. Bloody sky though, otherwise I'd watch it all the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shirley Crabtree
    Wasn't he Catweazle?!
  • Options
    Next people will be combing a football team with a bar. Capitalism huh?
  • Options
    Went last night with my 9 year old son and his friend and fun was had by all ( not getting into the wrestling debate again) but was amazed when i pulled into the car park at the 02 only to find that it costs £28 to park! 28 Pounds!!!! how can these thieving tossers get away with charging that amount? I would expect a full Vallet included for that price anywhere else! Be aware if your planning to go to the 02 dont take your car . ( not impressed with the arena either)
  • Options
    Park in the station car park, it's only a tenner I think.
  • Options
    Went last night with my 9 year old son and his friend and fun was had by all ( not getting into the wrestling debate again) but was amazed when i pulled into the car park at the 02 only to find that it costs £28 to park! 28 Pounds!!!! how can these thieving tossers get away with charging that amount? I would expect a full Vallet included for that price anywhere else! Be aware if your planning to go to the 02 dont take your car . ( not impressed with the arena either)

park by the cinema and walk up

i thought everyone knew that

• Options

park by the cinema and walk up

i thought everyone knew that

Well obviously i didnt. My first ( and the last) time i've been to the dome.
  • Options
    I got caught when it 15 quid

then someone posted on here about the Imax parking and the 10 min walk

you get out quicker than in there
  • Options
    I watch the show last night. Found it pretty average/dull to be honest. Lord Tensai was good though!
  • Options
    Cinema or Asda then a 10-15 min walk everytime.
  • Options
    Was the Big Boss Man, Ted Dibiase, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mr Perfect and The Bushwackers in it?

WWF in the 90s was a big part of my childhood. Beats anything they have nowadays!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always park in the station car park. £8 is better than £28!!
  • Options
    Was the Big Boss Man, Ted Dibiase, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mr Perfect and The Bushwackers in it?

WWF in the 90s was a big part of my childhood. Beats anything they have nowadays!
    Considering Big Bossman and Mr Perfect are dead, i'd find it quite unlikely!

• Options
    Apparently Kane is coming to Charlton!

http://www.smythstoys.com/features/WWE/148916.aspx
  • Options
    There
  • Options
    The Miz was there a few years ago.
  • Options
    CM Punk had a pint in the pilot a couple of years back
  • Options
    Thought he was "straight edge" ?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Anyone else going to this at O2 on the 15th, the missus and son are taking me no idea what to expect as they watch I dont
  • Options
    Brings back memories of going to see summerslam 92 at Wembley when I was 9.... good times
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Anyone else going to this at O2 on the 15th, the missus and son are taking me no idea what to expect as they watch I dont

if you go there and enjoy it for what it is you will have a great family evening, if you go there with preconceptions and the word fake in every move they do every time they do it, you will hate it,

its entertainments and very good entertainment at that