Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WWE at the O2 tonight

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    John fecking Cena, hate the fact he beat Rusev, they always use him to bury the new heels.

Lesnar throwing Reigns around was a sight to behold.

Taker looked in better shape than last year, but after is match looked to the sky and muttered "that's enough" so it'll be interesting to see if they set up him vs Sting.

Rollins is super as a heel, the way it played out for him to win was perfect.

HHH vs Sting was never going to be a classic wrestling match, but the spots they incorporated into it with DX and nWo were awesome.

Bryan winning was too predictable, was hoping Ambrose got a push.

Paige is great, and oddly alluring, given how pale she is.

Ortons elevated RKO spot was also amazing, the force of impact looked insane (obviously it's not, but if it looks like it hurt then it's a job well done)

And finally, Rousey and Rock would make an awesome tag team, not just for the spectacle but in terms of box office too
  • Options
    Seth Rollins is brilliant. The guy has everything to be a legendary heel. Reminds me of CM Punk in many ways.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Seth Rollins is brilliant. The guy has everything to be a legendary heel. Reminds me of CM Punk in many ways.

Definitely, with a bit of heel Edge and heel Orton thrown in for good measure.

Can't wait for his inevitable face turn as well, hopefully it will be a turn against HHH involving the shield members, would bring the story full circle
  • Options
    I can't believe we have full grown adults commenting that wrestling is fake, I guess they are the type who believed on Santa until they were in their teens (hopefully I haven't ruined that it for them!)

There's nothing intelligent in pointing something out that a 6 year old can see and the wrestlers are open about it's just wierd and boring, and that's coming from someone who watches wrestling!

As for the sign comment, if they had a live extenders which you could attend you would get people carrying signs at the event, like you do on big brother. It's because because want to get their faces on tv. People don't do it at home surely!

I thought it was quite a fun show, especially the main event and the run ins during the Sting V HHH match. I think I've seen enough ladder matches for a while though.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

So is Brock! I'm so glad Rollins got the title and not Reigns.
  • Options

I can't believe we have full grown adults commenting that wrestling is fake, I guess they are the type who believed on Santa until they were in their teens (hopefully I haven't ruined that it for them!)

There's nothing intelligent in pointing something out that a 6 year old can see and the wrestlers are open about it's just wierd and boring, and that's coming from someone who watches wrestling!

As for the sign comment, if they had a live extenders which you could attend you would get people carrying signs at the event, like you do on big brother. It's because because want to get their faces on tv. People don't do it at home surely!

I thought it was quite a fun show, especially the main event and the run ins during the Sting V HHH match. I think I've seen enough ladder matches for a while though.

Calm down mate i was only joking. If you like watching big strong men in speedo's getting sweaty and rolling around, then thats cool. Nobody is judging you.
  • Options

Calm down mate i was only joking. If you like watching big strong men in speedo's getting sweaty and rolling around, then thats cool. Nobody is judging you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

• Options
    When writing dissertations, reports and other university work. The network is brilliant, so much amazing content on there.
  • Options
    Just watched it. One of the most entertaining Wrestlemania's i can remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway of watching it for free?
  • Options

Just watched it. One of the most entertaining Wrestlemania's i can remember.

Agreed
  • Options
    Not sure where they're heading with Lesnar. He's just signed a new contract and then loses the title and gets 'suspended indefinitely' (in story, not reality). Is he just going to turn up and kick Rollins ass every now and then until the inevitable rematch? If so, they pretty much did that already with Ambrose.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

FAO Admin/mods. If links are not allowed, please feel free to delete
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Not sure where they're heading with Lesnar. He's just signed a new contract and then loses the title and gets 'suspended indefinitely' (in story, not reality). Is he just going to turn up and kick Rollins ass every now and then until the inevitable rematch? If so, they pretty much did that already with Ambrose.

Brock has a limited appearances contract, they needed a way of writing him off for a few weeks whilst keeping him hot after his loss. Rollins has Ambrose, Orton, Reigns, Cena, Bryan and Lesnar all chasing him now, hopefully it will culminate in an elimination chamber match with the majority of them in it.
  • Options
    watchwrestling.ch is a great site not only for Wrestlemania but for watching weekly stuff, NXT, TNA, ROH and other promotions like New Japan and PWG, it also has UFC stuff on there too and lots of the exclusive Network stuff.

If anyone hasn't already I would seriously recommend watching the NXT specials, they are far and away better than the main WWE product.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Anyway of watching it for free?

Not entirely free but at a tenner a month the wwe network is excellent not only for the live channel but all the on demand stuff. I started watching all the Raws from the attitude era.
  • Options
    Brock Lesnar is an absolute freak of nature. If he ever snaps and loses it in a match one day then he could kill somebody. Absolutely brutal.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Brock Lesnar is an absolute freak of nature. If he ever snaps and loses it in a match one day then he could kill somebody. Absolutely brutal.

He's been beaten in legit fights with Angle and Curt Henning, don't let the gimmick fool you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

He's been beaten in legit fights with Angle and Curt Henning, don't let the gimmick fool you.
    because the script said so...

(sorry note to self - must stay off this thread and ignore temptation)
  • Options

cafctom said:

:neutral:
  • Options
    Even if I was a champion boxer I think I'd still be a bit wary of calling Lesnar a pretend fighter.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Even if I was a champion boxer I think I'd still be a bit wary of calling Lesnar a pretend fighter.

An MMA fighter beats a boxer 9/10 in a real fight. Boxing is a sport, MMA is more like a fight.

The thing is, although Brock is booked as unstoppable he isn't actually the toughest guy they have!

There's a lot of respect between MMA & wrestling (and boxers and wrestlers) I guess they appreciate the physicality of wrestling.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to see Tyson Fury bashed up in any format.

He believes his own hype and is lucky he finds himself in a dire era in heavyweight boxing.

He is a true contender for one of the belts. He is no doubt hard as nails and is a big fella who can move (a bit). This should not be enough IMO to make you a top fighter......but in these times it apparently is.

• Options

cafctom said:

OK Brock lesnar has been beaten by Cain Valasquez who muscle wise is smaller than Brock.

BUT you probably think MMA is the same as WWE.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafctom said:

OK Brock lesnar has been beaten by Cain Valasquez who muscle wise is smaller than Brock.

BUT you probably think MMA is the same as WWE.
    Brock wasn't the same in UFC since his diverticulitis injury, would have been interesting to see the fight before it had happened.
  • Options

'stop being lured at the sight of more posts'