Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WWE at the O2 tonight

Comments

• Options
    Remember there's nothing fake about a man backflipping off the ring and nothing fake about being able to pick up a fully grown man and hold him above your head for an extended amount of time and you'll be fine.

Watch out for the chants, if you join in with them you'll find yourself getting into it a lot more
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Remember there's nothing fake about a man backflipping off the ring and nothing fake about being able to pick up a fully grown man and hold him above your head for an extended amount of time and you'll be fine.

This. Planned and scripted? Yes. Fake? You bleedin' try it!!

• Options
    Those rings have an inch fit mat over a wooden flooring and the ring ropes are cables with plastic covering. God knows why anyone would want to do it!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Rizzo said:

sam3110 said:

Semantics ? Is that the correct word ?

If I was told how the Charlton v Leeds game was going to pan out & that it was fixed that Leeds were going to win, I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    It's impressive how something that is fake still entertains a wide range of people.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's impressive how something that is fake still entertains a wide range of people.

Magic!
  • Options

Rizzo said:

sam3110 said:

If I was told how the Charlton v Leeds game was going to pan out & that it was fixed that Leeds were going to win, I wouldn't bother.
    Wrestling isn't a sport though.
  • Options
    Fancy doing it in school time!!!

How many kids will be telling their parents on the 15th they don't feel well then feeling better better at about 12 and asking to go down to Smyths in Charlton???
  • Options
    Having never seen any wrestling apart from the likes of Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks back in the day on tv, I went along to the O2 a few years back with a few mates on a freebie. I really didn't think I was going to like it.

Take it for what it is and it's a really good fun night out and is proper family entertainment. As a show I really enjoyed it, lots of beer probably helped a bit.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

sam3110 said:

Wrestling isn't a sport though.
    Indeed. Obviously it's more enjoyable if you don't know the result, but would you not watch The Titanic if you knew the ship was going to sink?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

A lot less fake than any soap opera, sitcom and even some news stories!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Dave2l said:

A lot less fake than any soap opera, sitcom and even some news stories!
    This
  • Options
    I've watched it since I was about 9 and still do, it is a violent, sports themed soap opera but where the actors take huge risks with their bodies and their health, tell Owen harts family that it's not real. As they say in their vt 'the hazards are real, the dangers are real.' Steve Austin really broke his neck, Shawn Micheals really broke his back, Owen hart really died, none of it was meant to happen but it's the risk they take every time they perform.

Also saw it live at wembley arena years ago, great atmosphere, good fun!
  • Options
    And you can laugh scream cheer and boo whilst watching your kids really enjoy the theatre of it its priceless that bit

The fat smelly green teethed pony tailed bloke who goes there on his own in a leather trench coat now that's odd because he believes it all now he is an odd ball (you will see him)
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Anyone else going to this at O2 on the 15th, the missus and son are taking me no idea what to expect as they watch I dont

I'm taking my George for his 9th birthday. Diary mix-up on the England v Chile front!

CM Punk had a pint in the pilot a couple of years back

He has a CM Punk t-shirt so I'm told that's who we support. This is good enough for me ;-)

• Options
    CM Punk is the man!!!!!

LOL
    You will love it mate,If Alfie didnt have training I would have taken him
  • Options
    I cant wait to go tomorrow, I think it will be amazing. Dont really follow WWE much, but I do know that Raw is better than Smackdown so I'm slightly disappointed I'm going to a Smackdown event rather than Raw.
  • Options
    Raw is definitly better than smackdown but they are all in the uk so stars from both shows are likely to make an appearance, it will be great, have fun!
  • Options
    Only thing is it won't have that edge as a live show IMO but it will still be good!
  • Options
    Swerve said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Anyone else going to this at O2 on the 15th, the missus and son are taking me no idea what to expect as they watch I dont

I'm taking my George for his 9th birthday. Diary mix-up on the England v Chile front!

CM Punk had a pint in the pilot a couple of years back

He has a CM Punk t-shirt so I'm told that's who we support. This is good enough for me ;-)

Blimey Swerve were like twins already! With my George and he has a CM Punk sign to wave, we have given up our Chile seats, I have no idea what will be going on but hope Catweazle is on the bill!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those interested, WWE Network launches in the UK at 8pm tonight
  • Options

Yep and it's free for November to all new subscribers which means survivor series for free instead of paying sky 15 quid for it, Sky are not happy :-)
  • Options

Yep and it's free for November to all new subscribers which means survivor series for free instead of paying sky 15 quid for it, Sky are not happy :-)
    Yep, then every PPV from December plus the back catalogue is available from $9.99 per month which works out at about £6.50, if you bought every PPV on Box Office at £14.95, you'll save yourself £100 a year just by getting the Network & only watching the PPV's

• Options
    Ordinarily I would be very happy about this, but at the moment WWE is going through some changes, none of the new talent are being used properly, and the older talent are getting less popular by the week and yet are being pushed even more. For anyone that saw hell in a cell, Orton vs Cena may as well have been a normal street fight, the structure was barely used, unlike Rollins vs Ambrose, but neither of them are good enough on the mic.

Ziggler, Cesaro, Sheamus, Wyatt and Rusev are the guys they should be pushing hard right now, not as midcard belt holders, but as main event showstoppers.

Bryan and Reigns are 2 of the biggest babyfaces they have right now, and both are injured. Punk left, Batista left, Orton prefers to be a heel, Lesnar only shows up every other month, and they have too many wrestlers who have stupid gimmicks and are fodder for the main eventers (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Slater Gator, Damien Mizdow to name a few)

Combine this with the failings of TNA and the world of professional wrestling 'sports entertainment' is in a bad place right now
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Ordinarily I would be very happy about this, but at the moment WWE is going through some changes, none of the new talent are being used properly, and the older talent are getting less popular by the week and yet are being pushed even more. For anyone that saw hell in a cell, Orton vs Cena may as well have been a normal street fight, the structure was barely used, unlike Rollins vs Ambrose, but neither of them are good enough on the mic.

Ziggler, Cesaro, Sheamus, Wyatt and Rusev are the guys they should be pushing hard right now, not as midcard belt holders, but as main event showstoppers.

Bryan and Reigns are 2 of the biggest babyfaces they have right now, and both are injured. Punk left, Batista left, Orton prefers to be a heel, Lesnar only shows up every other month, and they have too many wrestlers who have stupid gimmicks and are fodder for the main eventers (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Slater Gator, Damien Mizdow to name a few)

Combine this with the failings of TNA and the world of professional wrestling 'sports entertainment' is in a bad place right now

Will be at Raw next week in Liverpool with my Cena Sucks sign.

Not long till Rusev and a over Ryback are fed to Cena.

At least at SS, we can see the world title match. Actually lesnar is not back till royal rumble PPV. Another PPV with no title on the line.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

At least at SS, we can see the world title match. Actually lesnar is not back till royal rumble PPV. Another PPV with no title on the line.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Ryback, another guy they pushed too hard too soon then messed him up with the Brad Maddox crap. Made him heel, started wearing a beanie hat and stuck him in a tag team ffs. Hopefully they'll repush him again to be the powerhouse he should be, but I reckon they'll under use him again.
  • Options
    Ryback was made to look unstoppable when he first came on the scene - like a Brock Lesnar or Goldberg type. Recently I was flicking through and he was having it handed to him by Goldust.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Keep your eyes peeled for Lucha Underground ...
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Cena is supposed to be getting a title shot at survivor series so he must be there. What happened to the rule that if you don't have at least one title defense in 30 days you lose the belt?