Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WWE at the O2 tonight

Comments

• Options

For those interested, WWE Network launches in the UK at 8pm tonight

Yep and it's free for November to all new subscribers which means survivor series for free instead of paying sky 15 quid for it, Sky are not happy :-)
    Hmmm tempting!!
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

sam3110 said:

Ordinarily I would be very happy about this, but at the moment WWE is going through some changes, none of the new talent are being used properly, and the older talent are getting less popular by the week and yet are being pushed even more. For anyone that saw hell in a cell, Orton vs Cena may as well have been a normal street fight, the structure was barely used, unlike Rollins vs Ambrose, but neither of them are good enough on the mic.

Ziggler, Cesaro, Sheamus, Wyatt and Rusev are the guys they should be pushing hard right now, not as midcard belt holders, but as main event showstoppers.

Bryan and Reigns are 2 of the biggest babyfaces they have right now, and both are injured. Punk left, Batista left, Orton prefers to be a heel, Lesnar only shows up every other month, and they have too many wrestlers who have stupid gimmicks and are fodder for the main eventers (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Slater Gator, Damien Mizdow to name a few)

Combine this with the failings of TNA and the world of professional wrestling 'sports entertainment' is in a bad place right now

Keep your eyes peeled for Lucha Underground ...
    Heard about it, had its first show this past weekend with John Morrison featuring
  • Options
    Looking forward to this only to watch the old wcw and ecw stuff.
  • Options
    Launch delayed until further notice
  • Options
    WSS said:

Launch delayed until further notice

Can't see anything saying that?
  • Options
    Some geek retweeted it on Twitter from @wwenetwork
  • Options
    See it now but I think sky have got their own way and stopped it
  • Options
    My guess is we end up with the same sort of bullshit as Canada, where you can only get the network if you have a Sky Sports subscription.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's impressive how something that is fake still entertains a wide range of people.

Sort of like films then...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    WWE seems to be at the O2 every night at the moment....
  • Options
    WSS said:

Some geek retweeted it on Twitter from @wwenetwork

Geek........... your closeline next time I see you
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

WWE seems to be at the O2 every night at the moment....

do they put on the same 'show' every night or have different bouts?

amazes me that people (well grown men really) actually watch this, can understand taking your kids etc
  • Options
    anyone looking forward to the SS PPV tonight? It's free in 190+ countries and Sky reckon we will still pay 14.95 for the privilege! I'm hoping the rumours are true about the imminent arrival of a certain face paint loving WCW star...
  • Options
    WWE has fizzled out. Does cena ever not win?
  • Options
    Sting's entrance was intense, how did you know Sam?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Dave2l said:

It's impressive how something that is fake still entertains a wide range of people.

Sort of like films then...

And all fiction books, most programmes on tv...
  • Options

Sting's entrance was intense, how did you know Sam?

It was all over twitter yesterday, people had seen him in St Louis and I guessed they put 2 and 2 together and for once it made 4

All around it was an awesome Survivor Series, Cena got his head punched clean off his body, Ziggler was made to look like a wrestling god and Bray vs Dean at TLC will be epic

Now all I want is HHH vs Sting and a Taker vs Brock rematch for Wrestlemania and it'll be perfect
  • Options
    I think taker is done to be honest. And I am still mythed as to why lesner has been allowed to go for so long without a title defence when Bryan had to forfeit because he couldn't defend for more than 30 days? They need consistency, I don't thing sting has joined wwe to be a wrestler, got a feeling he might be more of a figure head, but wrestle occasionally, maybe not at first but in the long term. I heard Stephanie was pregnant again so her and HHH are taking some time out, probably just a rumour though.
  • Options
    The I guess with Lesnar it's the fat that he can wrestle, but no-one has stepped up to the plate, whereas Bryan is injured and can't compete. I hope Taker has one last match in him, he should go out on a high and pinning Lesnar at WM would be poetic, but I doubt it'll happen. I have read that sting may well become GM like he was in TNA, but I really hope we get to see the Stinger Splash in WWE, even if it's just to hear Cole go mental over an incredibly basic move
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really lacks fizz at the moment. Hoping it picks up.
  • Options
    Don't expect Lesnar to drop the belt until Royal Rumble at the earliest & Rollins still has his money in the bank contract despite Survivor Series
  • Options
    The problem is they are waiting for Reigns and Bryan to recover, and then we will see more storyline progression. Wyatt vs Bryan never really reached a conclusion as Bryan had to fill the gap left by Punk. Reigns will be pushed as the new Rock /Cena but his injury means they are pushed for time, I reckon he'll win the Rumble and face Lesnar at WM, but upon winning Rollins will cash in and take the gold. Sting vs HHH is a given surely, but I don't know if they'll hold out til WM. Rock vs HHH was teased a month back, so another angle could be Sting vs HHH at the rumble and then Sting vs Taker at WM. Hogan and Stone Cold are two more names rumoured to be training for WM, and you can't rule out a Batista return. This is all without mentioning Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler and Orton, or any stars on TNA who don't sign new contracts and end up in WWE.

Oh and then you have Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville who will probably be on the main roster by then too.

Weirdly I think they currently have too many people they are trying to portray as main eventers and it's all one big mess right now, they need to start pushing the right guys and start pushing them now
  • Options
    I find Roman Reigns quite dull. Not really sure what his personality is and his finishing move is a jumping punch.

Dean Ambrose is a MUCH more interesting character if we're looking at those who came out of The Shield.
  • Options
    Sting v HHH will be a WM match, can't see it being anything else - Daniel Bryan is still an age away from in-ring which is why they've done what they've done (no spoilers!) - Reigns is so dull, agree that Ambrose is the best one out of the shield.
  • Options

Sting v HHH will be a WM match, can't see it being anything else - Daniel Bryan is still an age away from in-ring which is why they've done what they've done (no spoilers!) - Reigns is so dull, agree that Ambrose is the best one out of the shield.

Rollins is better IMO.

Got a massive opportunity being top heel on the roster now with the departure of the Authority. ( Lesnar is top but he's never there)
  • Options
    Bray Wyatt is the most interesting character!

NXT is meant to be the better show. I saw one of their specials and didn't fast forward any of it which is some compliment! I managed to do survivor series in about 30 minutes. God knows why I keep watching it!
  • Options
    Haha i often have that thought!!
  • Options
    I actually stayed up and watched survivor series, I wasn't that disappointed best live show for a while, even the last wrestlemania was poo. I preferred it when survivor series was just team matches and when the royal rumble was more rumble focused and king of the ring was the whole tournament and when there was just 5 annual pay per views not one every month. I think they need to tighten the rosta and go back to old school.