Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v The Champions Post Match Reaction 2-2

Comments

• Options

As for the game, we did well first half and they were all at see. Second half they were clearly trying to restore a bit of pride and were assisted by a couple of home friendly decisions. Our foot was clearly off the gas, and the end was very very Charlton.
    Very much agree with this - we didn't really perform in the second half and appeared fairly clueless - but the home team put us under lots of pressure as they had clearly had a rocket at half time.

I think SCP was disappointed at the end, but most Addicks didn't seem overly bothered - after all, we are champions and that's all there is to it. I actually didn't mind that much that the predictable Alexander goal came in proper football stylee.....it's great that the result didn't really matter; it just goes to show what a great season we have had.

Loved some of the fancy dress costumes btw!

• Options
    Shame all the action happened at the other end of the pitch. Comfortable first half and Preston were very poor. Lost it in the second half, rushed into mistakes, poor positioning at times, couldn't hold on to the ball. Ah well! Shouldn't be disappointed, but I am a little. This Preston team were poor. Lets move on and end the season on a high next week!
  • Options
    I'm impressed that a team made up of mostly squad players could get that close to a win to be honest.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited April 2012
    96 beers? Sounds a lot, but how many is that shared between?
    The driver plus ? passengers. That makes ?. :-)
  • Options
    Only 3 defeats all season away from home, all 1-0 not bad eh.
  • Options
    For the record, Fulham ended their season with 101 points and a GD of +47.
    Because we've scored more than they did, a win by at least 2 goals next week makes us statistically the best 3rd division side ever.
  • Options
    Just had a sing off with the official coaches at the services. Didn't take well to 'we'll drink when we want' :-)
  • Options
    For the record, Fulham ended their season with 101 points and a GD of +47.
    Because we've scored more than they did, a win by at least 2 goals next week makes us statistically the best 3rd division side ever.
    The dream is still alive!
  • Options
    So AFKA, you had 96 beers 2 hours ago. You've stopped at the services, have you now got more or less beers than 96?

;-)
  • Options
    I thought Paul Coutts from Preston was the best player on the park...I know we have been linked to him before. Think he would be an outstanding signing for next year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So AFKA, you had 96 beers 2 hours ago. You've stopped at the services, have you now got more or less beers than 96?

;-)
    He'll be too far gone to answer 'o' level maths questions. ;-)
  • Options
    Del, we started off from.Dartford this morning with 164 !

Driver and GHE's old man in the front, 12 of us in the back singing the songs. 15 miles north of Birmingham and down to the last 65. Progress report later....
  • Options
    OK Saga, I'll make it easier for him to answer. Is it:-

A. More than 96?
    B. Less than 96?
    C. How many is 96?

• Options
    Looked like the most comfortable first half i've seen this season, completely in control, front 2 looked seriously dangerous.
    Second half we just took our foot off the gas badly and it looked likely to become a draw as soon as we let in the first goal,
    Sullivan looked questionable without a doubt.
  • Options
    I don't care 1 jot let them play and enjoy it what will be will be
    Agree entirely
    Indubitably
    Irrefutably
  • Options
    First half we looked well on top with two well taken goals and they had little to offer. Second hal we looked like we were willing to let them come at us and for the last 15 minutes we invited pressure and didn't have a clue how to defend. we resorted to camping in our 18 yard box and every wave that they came at us with we just hoofed the ball in any direction, usually falling straight to a preston player and inviting any attempt. the result was disappointing and annoying, but if powell thinks he needs to start tinkering, thats fine. better he finds out who are good enough now than at the start of next season. i find it hard to knock the manager witht he most successful team in my lifetime.
  • Options
    First half we were on top and deserved are lead and then the players went on holiday at half time which combined with Preston coming out fired up lead to the result but a great atmosphere and if the main thing we have to moan about is being on 98 points then i think we can all be happy.
  • Options
    Tom nope I didn't go couldn't be bothered tbh,

The fact that you don't rate Sullivan is the exact reason why scp played

Evina
    Sullivan

And the like , we need to look and plan for next season and whether people like it or not this is the only way to do it

So I don't care anymore I have had a season of believing and the stress that puts on you for 90 mins

I have well and truly started on my pre season break

And its lovely

• Options
    First half was ours, second was their's. Not enough reason to go and win it.
    Great day out though.
    About to crack open 2 bottles of champagne it the hotel room now.

CAFC!
  • Options
    I shouldn't moan as this was the nearest game for me, we are champions, the players have done well, CP is wonderful

But

That second half performance, with the exception of Waggy, was crap and the players should apologise to the fans who were marvellous.

Let's hope next Saturday is better.

Moan over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That second half performance, with the exception of Waggy, was crap and the players should apologise to the fans who were marvellous.

We seriously have some doughnut fans!
  • Options
    Powell played mainly a reserve team, in order to give them all a deserved game & give them one more opportunity, to show what they can do. That's good management IMO & I'm not too bothered about the result, if it aids our preperation for next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I shouldn't moan as this was the nearest game for me, we are champions, the players have done well, CP is wonderful

But

Let's hope next Saturday is better.

Moan over.
    As long as they apologise for the first half at home to Notts County first. Seriously though very strange comment to make to the champions.
  • Options
    graham alexander received the man of the match award.......... ummmmmm
  • Options
    Sorry I don't go to matches with rose coloured glasses, if it is good I say so, if it is poor I say so.

Yes the whole team have done marvellously this season but that does not excuse the poor performance in the second half.

We seriously have some doughnut fans!
    Oh thanks Off it that's so nice of you, no one has called me sweet and jammy for some time.

• Options
    Chill out Lancs, they've put in a hard days graft and are allowed to surf the net for the last half hour before clock off :-)
  • Options
    Chill out Lancs, they've put in a hard days graft and are allowed to surf the net for the last half hour before clock off :-)
    Oh alright

Bon voyage back south to all of you, roll on next Saturday.
  • Options
    CHAMPIONS 100%

south londons wooden spoon winners for the third and final season the last for a long time
  • Options
    Wasn't there and an initial sense of disappointment at the final result, but looking at the squad, many of this division would love to field a team that played today. I believe we have been spoiled to have had the success this season, suffering only 5 losses which pushes expectations higher and higher. A look at the Championship table and of the top 6, the number of losses ranges from 8 - 11. The next step up will be more difficult and I hope the fan base keeps the faith if we end up a mid-table Championship side next season....
    Its been a fantastic season and I'm sure next weekend will produce a "happy ending" for all!!!
  • Options
    Just got back, I'm bothered on the one hand that we threw away a 2 goaql lead which we shoulds have added to, but don't care because we are champions, we are going up and we the fans had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Those in fancy dress (The ROD on tour group) did the club proud and we played really good football in the first half.

There are players i could laud and there are players that I could criticise today but we are a team and today ... now is not the time to criticise, now is the time to feel pleased and grateful that we have a team that has walked this league, is on the brink of equalling the highest ever points level in Div 1, has achieved a target which we set ourselves 3 years ago and that we have a club that is again on the up.

If you really want to be negative, if your really want to moan about 1 game, thats right 1 game where we have lost a two goal lead thenthink again and imagine yourself as a sheffield united supporter, because if you think we are having a tough time think again think Sheffield