Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next England Manager

Comments

• Options
    I'd always give them an initial year - you usually know whether they are worth keeping within that time.
  • Options
    nearl every question in his press conference included either liverpool/redknapp. way to give the guy a chance. the redknapp thing drives me crazy. "The People's Choice" is absolutle garbage. I don't know many who want him.
  • Options
    What idiot asked the question about South Africa? So Roy played there 40 years ago, big deal!
  • Options
    he should've got the job instead of Sven
  • Options
    this very old looking man will age another twenty years managing england,joke appointment
  • Options
    Do you think that maybe if one or two more members of the FA tell us that there was only ever one person sounded out and the whole board were unanimous in choosing Roy, then they may actually start believing it themselves?
    hahahah brilliant chirpy
  • Options
    Redknapp stuff is awful. Shouldn't have anything to do with him this press conference.
  • Options
    Thank God Brooking can't stand the barra boy.... At least Konchesky will be back in the England team.
  • Options
    Hodgson fluent in five languages

Harry not even fluent in one
  • Options
    uncle Les in the England set up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle Les in the England set up?
    Why
  • Options
    Les is too busy playing moron
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    no pause needed jt
  • Options
    Thank God Brooking can't stand the barra boy.... At least Konchesky will be back in the England team.
    This is very relevant IMO. Sir Trev would have been at West Ham to see first hand what damage he caused and how Harry handles himself around the players....and their agents. Ask Billy Bonds if Harry should have got the job!
  • Options
    this very old looking man will age another twenty years managing england,joke appointment
    Younger than 'Arry

• Options
    The press in this Country depress me no end.Is Roy Hodgson qualified for the England job,well let us have a look at his CV.He has managed the Swiss national team,Inter Milan,Liverpool,Fulham and WBA plus other jobs abroad.Harry(loveable cockney geezer) Redknapp,has managed Portsmouth,Bournemouth,Saints,Spurs,who has got the better CV.I would suggest Roy has because he has had International experience.Just to put Chirpy right on something.Bernstein said that there had been other candidates on the list but Roy was at the top of that list.
  • Options
    Will get fully behind him, cant really see who would be a better choice other than Arry (who would have cost too much)
  • Options

Sir Trevor Brooking is almost certainly the reason Redknapp didn't get a look in. The great Billy Bonds must have a very large smile on his face right now.

Still, 'arry, me old cockney sparra', what goes around and all that.
  • Options
    Apparently Redknapps wife is the reason. The FA thought she might be picked in front of Darren, at least Benty can smile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't sure at first but I am behind the appointment now. Only English manager with International experience and qualified Switzerland to 2 tournaments. Has shown he's a great cup manager with his UEFA cup runs. Has managed big players before with Liverpool and Inter Milan. As boring as the England team are to watch, International football is generally pretty cautious and defensive and Hodgson is better tactically than Harry.
  • Options
    F.A. hierarchy.....Pompous stuffed shirts. Have Ignored what the public want.(again). At the very least they should have interviewed prospective candidates, then chosen the best man for the job. They were never going to give it to Harry, just like Clough many years ago. If you accept as many do, that our players are not as technically adept as many foreign players, then the case for Hodgson falls over. The ability to motivate and get the best out of what you've got then becomes the most important factor. This Harry has and as far as we know, the backing of the players. This is not an attack on Hodgson, but shows the "blazers" for what they are........TWATS!
    For this reason, I for one am not that interested in England at national level.
  • Options
    what the public want? Or what the press want?
  • Options
    I'm a member of the public - and I'm happy that Redknapp didn't get the job.
  • Options
    I almost wish Redknapp did get the job..and fail.

Just to see the press reaction!

It would have turned nasty as it will for any manager yet the players are allowed to get away with any real criticisim.
  • Options
    Very surprissed that the FA did not try and let it be known that Rednapp was the only candidate. When it seems he was a consideration, mainly fostered on them by the media.
    David Davis, suggested this was down to Bernstein, and there was a list.
    Perhaps it was down to his wife, Sandra who did not like the idea of having to live in Staffordshire, and have to leave there house on 'Sandbanks', and the lifestyle they have there.
    Mind you he still faces a commute to Essex most days , so I am not sure that is entirely valid to turn down the England job.
    Reminds me of the Clough England scenario a while back, when they had concerns about his 'character'.
    Funny how if you win games , people forgive a lot of character weaknesses.

• Options
    Don't care what the press want. I'm also aware some fans don't want Redknapp. As always in football its all a matter of oppinion . Fans see things differently. If you have a boss that the players really want to play for, that can make a big difference. (i.e. Chris Powell).
  • Options
    Completely underwhelmed with the appointment - i would expect nothing less from the suits at the F.A .
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Clough England scenario a while back, when they had concerns about his 'character'.
    Funny how if you win games , people forgive a lot of character weaknesses.

Clough came with a lot of baggage that went deeper than his reputation for not respecting authority - for one he had a drink problem and there was the bungs that he was alleged to have taken.

I'm wondering if the FA looked at Harry's recent court case and the litany of rumours that have followed him over the years that he's been a manager and wondered whether they'd be having to let him go in a year or two, if one or two resurfaced, while Hodgson I suspect has somewhat fewer skeletons in his cupboard.
  • Options
    Just to put Chirpy right on something.Bernstein said that there had been other candidates on the list but Roy was at the top of that list.
    I actually said "one man had been sounded out" They say they only approached ONE club and only spoke to ONE candidate - Hodgson.