Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager

1234568»

Comments

• edited May 2012
    What I find annoying is the press, particularly the Sun finding as many words to make fun of his speach impediment as possible.

1. It's seems they are against him before a ball has been kicked.

2. There are many people out there with speach impediments and it's not something a professional Journalist should be looking to score cheap laughs with. IMO.
    Good point. I didn't see the conference and I don't read a tabloid but talk about setting your stall out early eh! Been guilty of it in the past myself but they will be looking at every chance for a "wally with a bwolly" type headline. Don't see too many of them taking the pee out of their mate Harry's numerous facial ticks and twitches but Hodgson's speech if fair game apparently.
  • The comparison between Redknapp and Clough is laughable. Clough took two provincial sides to titles and won the European Cup. Twice. Back to back. Redknapp has won one FA Cup..... (played championship teams in semis and final)

The Zonal Marking article is spot on.

Hodgson was definitely my top choice all along. International football requires more than the (albeit very good) man management and motivational skills Redknapp offers. Would that get us through a quarter final against Spain or Germany? Certainly not. Hodgson might not either but I'd like to feel we'd have a better chance.

But yeah, as I mentioned earlier, I fear Hodgson wont be given a chance by the press and could be hounded out. The conference yesterday was embarassing but the Sun headline today makes me feel sick. This is a 64 year old man intelligent man, who has had a successful and distinguished career, who has been appointed the England job one of the country's greatest honours and not only do they not get behind him, they can't give him a bit of respect. Shameful.
  • edited May 2012
    This was actually printed in a newspaper today, well if you can call the Sun that:
    OK, you speak Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, Italian, German and Finnish. But just stick to English. No one likes a smart arse.
  • Im fully behind Roy - The reduced expectation from england fans/press in the euros can only be a good thing for us!
  • What was the headline in the Sun?
  • This was actually printed in a newspaper today, well if you can call the Sun that:
    OK, you speak Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, Italian, German and Finnish. But just stick to English. No one likes a smart arse.
    Hahaha ridiculous. Ironic how the man they supposedly want can't even read or write...

• dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2098429/Wayne-Rooney-Rio-Ferdinand-want-Harry-Redknapp-replace-Fabio-Capello.html

Old story but what would you do in Hodgsons place now? Two of his most senior players are on record as saying they wanted someone else.

I still flipping hate twitter...

• Old story but what would you do in Hodgsons place now?
    Drop them.
  • Well he's said he is taking Rooney, and Rio shouldn't be near the squad, when not injured he has been poor this season, hence he obviously wanted Harry so he could get in the squad.
  • edited May 2012
    its all kicking off in ukraine or the wrong reasons, shouldn't we be boycotting the tourny for these human rights abuses anyway (great excuse)?

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw a photo of the ex-prime minister the other day showing off the bruises she'd aquired during her current stay at her majesty's pleasure (or their equivalent of!).
  • I saw a photo of the ex-prime minister the other day showing off the bruises she'd aquired during her current stay at her majesty's pleasure (or their equivalent of!).
    Meryl Streep?
  • We'll probably boycott it after the group stages
  • The headline from The Sun was absolutely disgraceful, something should be done about that.

Hodgson is a better choice than Redknapp. Redknapp has one trophy in 35 years of management - great record? Tactically Redknapp is poor, he played without a defensive midfielder in the 5-1 game defeat against Man City, who played THREE attacking midfielders. Summed him up for me.

Although he wasn't many people's first choice for the job, I think Hodgson could end up doing a good job. International football is all about tactics and team selection, things Hodgson isn't a genius at, but is very good. He's far more suited to the job.
    http://twitpic.com/9g5ru5
  • Yep, thats pretty bad!
  • The headline from The Sun was absolutely disgraceful, something should be done about that.

Hodgson is a better choice than Redknapp. Redknapp has one trophy in 35 years of management - great record? Tactically Redknapp is poor, he played without a defensive midfielder in the 5-1 game defeat against Man City, who played THREE attacking midfielders. Summed him up for me.

Although he wasn't many people's first choice for the job, I think Hodgson could end up doing a good job. International football is all about tactics and team selection, things Hodgson isn't a genius at, but is very good. He's far more suited to the job.
    completely agree with this.
    Hodgson could be a pretty good manager. England have got a fairly crap team compared to our rivals, to get out of the group would be an achievement. so tactics play a huge roll with us as our players aren’t all that.

and the sun is a disgrace.
    better than having someone who has the reading and writing capabilities of a 2 year old. and is a crook. (not proven but seems pretty obvious)
    they say arry was the peoples choice. i don’t remember anyone asking me what my choice would be.
  • The FA and the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) have today received a large number of objections relating to the front page headline in The Sun newspaper, regarding Roy Hodgson’s manner of speech.

On this occasion, we will not be making an official complaint to the PCC but we have raised it with the newspaper and made it clear that their front page is unacceptable to us.

With regard to the above, FA Chairman David Bernstein said: “We are delighted at the media response to Roy’s appointment but are disappointed with the headline in The Sun, which we consider is in poor taste and disrespectful.”
  • glad that have told The Sun they wont put up with it.

Poxy newspapers publicly take the piss out of every England manager and then complain when they dont perform.

Our media is a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• They've changed the headline online to Euroy 2012.

Too little too late, Scum.
  • Bernstein has the same "manner of speech". Thought he was having a laugh when he introduced Hodgson as Woy.
  • This was actually printed in a newspaper today, well if you can call the Sun that:
    Hahaha ridiculous. Ironic how the man they supposedly want can't even read or write...

I thought he could ONLY speak 5 languages?

• glad that have told The Sun they wont put up with it.

Poxy newspapers publicly take the piss out of every England manager and then complain when they dont perform.

Our media is a joke.
    Spot on, the media wants to / thinks it runs the country.

I thought he could ONLY speak 5 languages?

I think he is ONLY fluent in 5, the others he has some understanding of. Either way very impressive, the Sun going for the old pick on the smart kid trick