Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rodgers to Liverpool

Comments

• Options
    I heard him say he wants to live in Liverpool and learn about being from the city.

He'll start spouting the usual Liverpool are victims crap soon then.
  • Options
    I heard him say he wants to live in Liverpool and learn about being from the city.

He'll start spouting the usual Liverpool are victims crap soon then.
    Better then being a royalist I suppose!

• Options
    There's an interesting symmetry with Rodgers and Mourinho.

Mourinho learned his trade under Bobby Robson
    Rodgers learned his under Mourinho.
    Mourinho spent a year each at Benfica and Leiria before 2 years at Porto.
    Rodgers spent a year each at Watford and Reading before 2 years at Swansea
    Mourinho then got the big job at Chelsea.
    Rodgers has got the big job at Liverpool.

I guess the big difference is what they've won, but it's about time a British manager got a chance at a top club. Hope he does well
    Hmmmmm. You can hardly compare Swansea to Porto - it's not as if they've just won the league.

• Options
    To be fair, Rodgers was garbage at Reading, don't think he'll want to be remembered for the job he did there.
  • Options
    Toast.
  • Options
    one game though, Powell hardly set the place alight in his first few months...
  • Options
    Everyone at Liverpool knows its going to take months to get going the way Rodgers wants them to.
  • Options
    He won't be given time. Fans will be on his case now. Not a big enough name for them when he was appointed.
  • Options

He won't be given time. Fans will be on his case now. Not a big enough name for them when he was appointed.

Surely they have to, theyl go broke sacking and funding new managers plans each season. Looks like a Powell job to me, gonna need to bring more of his own players in to suit the system
  • Options

A few fucktards on Twitter and talksport do not equal fans on his case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic Liverpool manager reaction:
    "There were some good moments today but it was a day when everything went against us really. We just have to move on. We won't win every day. Today was a period of learning for us and we were not happy with some of the decisions, but we have to move on."

Another one for the compost heap.
  • Options
    Just hope he doesnt bugger Swansea by trying to sign more of their players.
  • Options
    Disagree, think he'll be given time due to the way he's trying to get them to play.
  • Options

Disagree, think he'll be given time due to the way he's trying to get them to play.

A mid table Liverpool !!!! I doubt it.

• Options
    I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    Saw the game live on TV, they were ok for 20 minutes and then pretty dreadful for the rest. Played nice triangles but West Brom bullied them, won the big tackles and in the end it should have been at least 5 zip.

stewart downing was terrible BTW!
  • Options
    Downing is one of players that you watch as a fan and wonder how anyone signs him. You feel if you performed at work like him youd be picking up your P45 sharpish.
  • Options
    I hope Liverpool give him the season to see how they progress. A rash decision wouldn't be wise. I don't think the signing of Borini was a good one, and Downing is wasted for them. I don't particularly rate him but he would do alright if Carroll was playing but with Liverpool playing it mainly through the middle, think Adam/Shelvey would be more effective.
  • Options

Pardon!!! Powell won his first four games straight...
  • Options

Pardon!!! Powell won his first four games straight...
    and then we went on a terrible run and ended up finishing in mid-table. We were in the play off places when he arrived and got worse under him. Not blaming him - I love the man as much as any other Charlton fan and blame players like 'Mcpoormac' for struggling but lets be honest, there were many people questioning Powell at the end of that season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool fans need to be patient with him and he needs to bring in his own team, most of the Liverpool side looked like they treated the ball like a hot potato instead of passing with any fluidity like Swansea did last season. It will take a while but I think he can do good things there.
  • Options

Liverpool fans need to be patient with him and he needs to bring in his own team, most of the Liverpool side looked like they treated the ball like a hot potato instead of passing with any fluidity like Swansea did last season. It will take a while but I think he can do good things there.

Tend to agree with what your sentiments but my point is I can't see him being given much time to achieve all that. How long will it take to get his own players in for a start. Not going to happen within this or the next window. Will Liverpool be content for mid table or worse while this footballing miracle evolves ? Can't see it myself. Unless they stick in a few very decent results I think he could be gone by January.

• Options
    He needs to get Suarez some extra finishing practice. If BWP had had a game like him yesterday he'd have been hung, drawn and quartered!
  • Options

He needs to get Suarez some extra finishing practice. If BWP had had a game like him yesterday he'd have been hung, drawn and quartered!

Probably by Suarez himself. Allegedly.
  • Options

It seems strange to say it but Suarez is part of the problem for Liverpool, he is a very, very hard player to fit into a team because he drops very deep looking for the ball meaning that the other striker is often isolated.

In addition, Suarez has not real pace either meaning that even if he did play right up top that he'd be really struggling to get in behind good defenders - and he does not score enough goals to really justify fitting the team around him.

He is a class player, no doubt, but look at Liverpool's awful goalscoring record last season - some of that is down to the fact that their attack was so disjointed with so much fitting around Suarez.

I have no idea at all why Liverpool did not sign Darren Bent when he was available, he'd be perfect for them and would get them 20 PL goals per season.
  • Options
    Not just that, but Suarez is a properly greedy little so and so as well
  • Options
    I like Rodgers. I like the way he tries to get his teams to play. Very attacking & good to watch. It will take time for his style of play to have it's full impact on the Liverpool squad. I hope they give him time & think that they should, not sure they will though!!
  • Options
    I have mixed feelings, i like Rodgers and his style of football but i kinda have to hate Liverpool and wish them ill, ever since one half of my family decided they liked football very late and now talk of Liverpool being the family club.

Amazingly they decided to support Liverpool soon after they won the Champions League.
  • Options
    Liverpool could have won that yesterday. West Brom took the chances that Agger and Skrtel handed to them on a plate and Suarez binned so many chances it actually stopped bing funny and became sad. But then it became funny again. The Liverpool defenders won't play that badly every game and eventually Suarez will have to score. Or they'll put Borini central and he'll stick some away. As bad as the result was it was actually a more encouraging game than what passed under Dalglish
  • Options

Liverpool could have won that yesterday. West Brom took the chances that Agger and Skrtel handed to them on a plate and Suarez binned so many chances it actually stopped bing funny and became sad. But then it became funny again. The Liverpool defenders won't play that badly every game and eventually Suarez will have to score. Or they'll put Borini central and he'll stick some away. As bad as the result was it was actually a more encouraging game than what passed under Dalglish

A 3 - 0 defeat against a team expected bottom half encouraging. Are you a spin doctor by any chance ? If not I suggest you think of becoming one ;0)