Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rodgers to Liverpool

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    colthe3rd said:

you can't expect to bring a manager like Rodgers in with his style of football and expect immediate results.

I bet that isn't what he told the club's Boston owners at his job interview!
  • Options
    The funniest thing about them has to be their totally deluded fans. They just seem to think that they have the right to have all the best players, the best manager, be in the Champions League and contest for the Prem every season.
  • Options

I love seeing Liverpool struggle.

I love seeing people hoisted by their own petard.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

you can't expect to bring a manager like Rodgers in with his style of football and expect immediate results.

I bet that isn't what he told the club's Boston owners at his job interview!
    John Henry:
    "We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes."

Seems to me like he will be given time, unless of course something goes terribly wrong and they are bottom at Christmas or something.
  • Options
    OK guilty as charged!

• Options
    I have no sympathy for Rogers or Liverpool. You don't go into a season with 1 striker and no plan B. even if they had signed Dempsey, what if he or Suarez got injured?

With playing in Europe you need 4 strikers as a minimum.

It's also obvious Gerrard is nearly past it, he should phase him out as well.
  • Options

I have no sympathy for Rogers or Liverpool. You don't go into a season with 1 striker and no plan B. even if they had signed Dempsey, what if he or Suarez got injured?

Don't they have Suarez and Borini? With Joe Cole and Gerrard able to play just behind the front man they would, probably, have been ok if they'd managed to sign Dempsey.

Clearly when I say the'd have been ok, I don't mean challenging for the top three, but they could have expected to make a challenge for a top six place, and I doubt that they were ever going to do much more than that.
  • Options

Don't they have Suarez and Borini? With Joe Cole and Gerrard able to play just behind the front man they would, probably, have been ok if they'd managed to sign Dempsey.

Clearly when I say the'd have been ok, I don't mean challenging for the top three, but they could have expected to make a challenge for a top six place, and I doubt that they were ever going to do much more than that.
    They are trying to offload Joe Cole as well but he has two years left on a 100k per week deal.

For some reason he is quite happy to hang around......
  • Options
    Cole turnt down a deadline day move across Stanley park

Very strange move if you ask me surely if you want regular football you'dpve with no worries about moving
  • Options

Very strange move if you ask me surely if you want regular football you'dpve with no worries about moving

Money, money, money.....tastes like honey!

Everton would probably only pay him less than half what he's on at Liverpool - I find it hard to imagine Moyes signing him anyway, not really his sort of player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was a loan deal mate so money would've been the same
  • Options
    I'd like to see Rodgers succeed because of the way his teams play football. I just hope he is given enough time.
  • Options

Maybe he can see himself playing in a Rodgers team -- unlike Gerrard he does have the right qualities.
  • Options

I think it was a loan deal mate so money would've been the same

Possibly, depends if Liverpool would have been prepared to subsidise his wages, under their current regime this would be doubtful.
  • Options
    Rodgers wanted him to take it and I know it's not exactly the orecal but graham beakie beacroft reported on talk shite that the Package was with liverPool paying the wages

He said joe cole had said he wanted this period of his playing career at Anfield to be a success
  • Options

Rodgers wanted him to take it and I know it's not exactly the orecal but graham beakie beacroft reported on talk shite that the Package was with liverPool paying the wages

He said joe cole had said he wanted this period of his playing career at Anfield to be a success

In OTHERWORDS i'm staying for the money.

Liverpool are going to be a mid table side at best and will play second fiddle to Everton.

• Options

Hard to believe but it was actually Hodgson who bought Cole to Anfield, I don't really rate Cole but he has had very bad luck with managers since going there.
  • Options

I think him and Anelka have left china due to not getting paid or atleastvthats what was said on the radio yesterday

Shanghai Shenhua is owned by the government, a guy came in, was told if he spent loads of money he would get a 70% share in the club, he's spent the money that was agreed but not been given his share of the club (I think he has something like 25%) so has said he won't be paying out any more money.

Chinese football is a proper joke, it's almost painful to watch at times.
  • Options
    Badger said:

In OTHERWORDS i'm staying for the money.

Liverpool are going to be a mid table side at best and will play second fiddle to Everton.

Well obviously not as, as has already been stated, Cole would be getting paid the same if he'd moved to Everton.

I think he believes he's good enough to get into this Liverpool side and is better suited to Rodgers' style than most at the club. I'd make him right so I say fair play to him for wanting to fight for his place. Whether it's a fight he'll win, I don't know but I would say he's a classic example of the kind of talented flair player English teams have always struggled to get the best out of. He'd probably have done better moving abroad early in his career. By all accounts he did well in France last season.

I hope Rodgers is given time because I like him and his football and he's inherited an almighty great shit show that had been getting worse for seasons now, rather like Powell did down here and it will always take time to turn a run away train around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think Liverpool will keep faith with Brendan Rodgers if he comes a cropper against B'mouth?
  • Options
    Bonkers if they do not but who knows in this game
  • Options
    One of my Liverpool friends posted this on Twitter and I think that was a few weeks back - BR needs one win out of either Bournemouth or Arsenal games or the heat's on big time - mood's turning against him.
    http://anfieldindex.com/11964/rodgers-went-wrong.html
  • Options
    After his cocky comments about Spurs spending £100m last season and should have been challenging for the title etc, I cant help but feel non-sympathetic.

However, as a neutral, football really has gone mad. The bin dippers massively overachieved last year. They were going to struggle after losing Suarez. Same as Spurs when they lost Bale. You just cant legislate for losing players of that quality. They bring out the best in everyone else around them.

They had a nightmare of a start but to be talking about him losing his job already? At least give him until the end of the season. Its seems as though his problem now is that he doesnt know his best starting XI. The situation at Anfield reminds me so much of AVB at Spurs last year. AVB kept tinkering. Rodgers would do best to go with his strongest back-four and then stick with it. They need stability at the back. They seem to have a different centre-back pairing every game at the moment. Was surprised to see the 'keeper has been dropped indefinitely.

As a matter of interest, I read the other day that Liverpool have picked up 2 points less in the PL under Rodgers this season than they did when Roy Hodgson got sacked. Not sure if thats true but if it is then perhaps he should be feeling nervous.
  • Options
    How many banned posters on this thread?