Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rodgers to Liverpool

Comments

• Options
    Talking to Baggie fans prior to the game Saturday they seemed very confident in them turning over Liverpool

think Rodgers is on a hiding to nothing to be honest

Liverpool seem to be a club on the way down and i cant see them ever really competing at the top table again

they would need a huge amount of investment just to get into the top 3 , Top 4 is an outside possibilty for i would say atleast 3 other teams and then Liverpool

The fella aint really got a chance, they bought him in because he plays entertaining football and i can her the scousers rolling out the Arsenal Line of i would rather go there to be entertained and see where that gets us than play like Man u City or Chelski

which everyone knows would just be BS
  • Options
    Liverpool seem to spend £'s on average players! They have done for years including Benitez reign. Thought Rodgers coming in would've stopped that but seems to have carried on. Joe Allen & Fabio Borini are not worth a combined £25m.
  • Options
    bloody lost me my accumulator
  • Options
    I like Rodgers style of play but how can he select Lucas in front of Shelvey, Adam or even the mediocre Henderson? The guy is a serial under-acheiver, possibly only eclipsed by Meireles, whose £12m fee was the best transfer steal in a long time.
  • Options
    Lucas an underachiever?

He was voted their player of the year the season before last, and missed the whole debacle of a season last year.
  • Options
    Can't figure Liverpool out at all. From being the pre-eminent club in the country they are not even fifth/sixth and the problem as I see it will only get worse due to the fact that the fans expect them to win everything a bit like Newcastle who think they are a "Big" club. I think Rogers is a good manager but I also suspect that if Liverpool are in the bottom half at Christmas he will go.
  • Options
    Did Jonjo play?
  • Options
    The clock is ticking. Gone by November.
  • Options
    Taxi for Mr Rodgers
  • Options
    Definitely between him AVB and Hughes first to go

In fairness to rodgers they have had the harder start

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If AVB had signed RVP he'd be A1OK instead of UTFCWAP
  • Options

Taxi for Mr Rodgers

He certainly seems to have cocked up in the transfer market over the Andy Carroll loan, leaving Liverpool short of striking options.

This from BBC Sport website this morning:

''Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted he would not have allowed Andy Carroll to join West Ham had he known he would be unable to strengthen his squad.

Rodgers let the England striker leave for Upton Park as he was convinced he would bring in either Fulham's Clint Dempsey or Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge on loan. ''
  • Options
    Hopefully they give him time.

How poo is Gerrard now.
  • Options
    This quote from Rodgers sounds utterly defeatist and hardly the kind of stirring talk you'd think Liverpool probably need right now:-

''We all know we needed reinforcements and the players needed help but it's gone now and I can't do anything about it.''
  • Options
    He can sign Michael Owen, could do worse!
  • Options
    he should sign Heskey and Owen.
  • Options
    I know he wants to stamp his own style in there but going in and telling downing you need to learn left back, carroll your not wanted etc he needed to buy a little more time before throwing his weight around. When you only havea limited amount to spend you need to get the best out of your players and you dont get that when you approach it the way he has.
  • Options
    Telling Downing to learn left back, then bringing him on for Borini when you are a goal down doesn't really add up does it? He'll be gone by my Birthday (31st Oct) and the fat spanish waitor will probably end up returning as some kind of saviour.
  • Options
    He could sign drogba

• Options
    Dalgleish, one of the most inept and overrated of managers yet somehow a media luvvie personified, spent frittered away the Liverpool family silver and the Boston Braves are not gonna release any more until Rodgers sorts out the staffing mess. A bit like Lambert @ Villa, American millionaires are not wastrels, they will expect a return for their money. Rodgers and Lambert will both keep their jobs for this season at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Drogba does get released he'll be a quality signing for someone.
  • Options
    I think him and Anelka have left china due to not getting paid or atleastvthats what was said on the radio yesterday
  • Options
    The owners have already said they won't pay crazy wages, seeing as Drogba was on 200k per week in China then that probably rules him out.

More likely to bring in Sturridge on a loan with option to buy in January.
  • Options

Hopefully they give him time.

How poo is Gerrard now.

I actually can see him working under Rogers but only just behind Suarez.
    You can see why he has played so many games out wide, his short passing game and close control was never the best.
  • Options

Dalgleish, one of the most inept and overrated of managers yet somehow a media luvvie personified, spent .

I think Daglish is the only manager to have one league titles at 2 different clubs since the war other than Brian Clough ie at Liverpool and Blackburn. Also took Newcastle to 2 cup finals as well getting Liverpool to 2 last year (winning 1). 3 of his 5 key buys last year were certainly at least over -priced.

The mis-spelling of his name shows how much you know about the man
  • Options
    Hope they give him time, ou can't expect to bring a manager like Rodgers in with his style of football and expect immediate results. He needs time to build a team and to force home his philosophy.

Not sure how much you can throw the lack of transfers at him either? Surely as a manager he would identify possible targets then it is up to the club to bring them in with regards to fees, contracts etc.
  • Options
    redman said:

Dalgleish, one of the most inept and overrated of managers yet somehow a media luvvie personified, spent .

I think Daglish is the only manager to have one league titles at 2 different clubs since the war other than Brian Clough ie at Liverpool and Blackburn. Also took Newcastle to 2 cup finals as well getting Liverpool to 2 last year (winning 1). 3 of his 5 key buys last year were certainly at least over -priced.

Rule 1 of forum life:

When correcting other people re spelling etc make damned sure that your own is correct!

DALGLISH :-)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

redman said:

Rule 1 of forum life:

When correcting other people re spelling etc make damned sure that your own is correct!

DALGLISH :-)
  • Options
    Now that is funny
  • Options
    I love seeing Liverpool struggle.