Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday 5pm-England v France-Preview/Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone seen the Sun's latest stunt?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4365562/Show-em-no-merci-We-beam-England-flag-on-Paris-icons-the-Eiffel-Tower-and-Arc-de-Triomphe-ahead-of-France-v-England-at-the-Euros.html
    And them there are those who will moan that other countries hate us, is it any wonder?
    When I see crap like this it makes me ashamed to be English, I am so glad that rag does not represent me.
  • Options
    Like the Parker bet.
  • Options
    it wouldn't be that bad if we weren't going to lose later.
  • Options
    The people that did that stunt are embarissing cretins that know nothing about anything.

Can people just stop buying that newspaper.
  • Options
    'banter'

Much depends i think tonight on ooh Scotty Parker. His game is all about high intensity, and i'm just not sure he is 100% fit yet.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Anyone seen the Sun's latest stunt?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4365562/Show-em-no-merci-We-beam-England-flag-on-Paris-icons-the-Eiffel-Tower-and-Arc-de-Triomphe-ahead-of-France-v-England-at-the-Euros.html
    And them there are those who will moan that other countries hate us, is it any wonder?
    Depressing innit? How would we feel if they projected a tricolor onto Westminster Palace, etc? Maybe we should have a seperate thread for the anti-Sun comments though and keep this one to the match.

• Options
    'banter'

Much depends i think tonight on ooh Scotty Parker. His game is all about high intensity, and i'm just not sure he is 100% fit yet.
    Agree although I think as much depends on Gerrard and whether he can stick to the plan and work for the team otherwise Scotty P will definitely struggle having to do the work of 2 men when he isn't 100%
  • Options
    the sun is so embarrassing. if your going to do it they should at least have a bigger flag. useless.
  • Options
    France have never won a finals match in Euros without Platini or Zidane in the side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann Kermorgant isnt in there squad - we are therefore assured of victoryy !!! Although we have Martin Kelly in our squad, and to be perfectly honest i'd rather see chris solly as a replacement! The squad is confident they can triumph at EURO 2012 ... unfortunately the FA arent, they have booked flights for the squad straight after the group stages!!!! .......... great.
  • Options
    The squad is confident they can triumph at EURO 2012 ... unfortunately the FA arent, they have booked flights for the squad straight after the group stages!!!! .......... great.
    The FA have finally got the hang of 'mind games'.
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant isnt in there squad - we are therefore assured of victoryy !!! Although we have Martin Kelly in our squad, and to be perfectly honest i'd rather see chris solly as a replacement! The squad is confident they can triumph at EURO 2012 ... unfortunately the FA arent, they have booked flights for the squad straight after the group stages!!!! .......... great.
    Of course they have booked flights for after the third game. They have also booked hotels and flights all the way up to the final. They have to cover all eventualities.
  • Options
    Fancy we may just nick this......if the line up is correct it might be an exiting new era just about break.
  • Options
    Is terry gonna play need to do a bet before pub
  • Options
    Is terry gonna play need to do a bet before pub
    Yes
  • Options
    Cheers

Gonna do anytime score casts

Terry and 1 1
    Benezema and 2 2
  • Options
    don't know about the French team but have just seen ours and wonder if we might be a bit fresher. Johnson, Ox C, Milner, Gerrard, Welbeck and even Young haven't played anywhere near their full quota of games this season. Parker had a rest towards the end of the season.

go at 'em, we look horrible when we sit back and play one paced.

gawn England.
  • Options
    official team -
    Hart
    johnson, lescott, terry, cole
    parker, gerrard, milner
    ox, young
    welbeck.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You sure it will be that formation? I've got a feeling it will be this:
    Hart

Johnson Lescott JT Cole

Milner Parker

Ox Gerrard Young

Welbeck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just before the men in white coats arrive, I've got this strange feeling that we will win this one.
  • Options
    Ignore what I said, here is that formation apparently
  • Options
    The French playing the old "K" formation
  • Options
    Could we get into any more trouble? I've just seen Ray Clemence hobbling off - done his Achilles.

To be honest I didn't realise he was starting, but we are very stretched...
  • Options
    I seem to remember a certain Mr Solly doing a number on Oxlade Chamberlain just over a year ago - but then i doubt the French anyone as good at right back - so 2-1 to England.
  • Options
    I thought it was Bessone who did well vs Southampton last season?
  • Options
    Started well. Man Milner should have scored
  • Options
    I thought the keeper clipped Milner.

Young finding a lot of space.
  • Options
    interesting fact #207 The fifth largest French city in the world in terms of population is

London
  • Options
    Get in !!!!!