Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday 5pm-England v France-Preview/Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    The elephant man has scored!!
  • Options
    Get in!

• Options
    205/1. Come on. No more goals pllleeeeaaasssseeee
  • Options
    Well done to the Lifer who predicted Lescott! C'MON ENGLAND!
  • Options
    Ballbags
  • Options
    Boom 1-1, Nasri grat goal
  • Options
    Anyone else finding the forum slow in the last hour ?

HT thoughts ?
  • Options
    I don't like the way England are playing. Giving France all the possession in our half. It's asking for trouble.
  • Options

HT thoughts ?
    Me too. Are you asking for thoughts about why the site is slow btw? I wouldn't have a clue ;-)

As for the game, only seen last 25-30 minutes so maybe not a fair reflection but France look a lot crisper in their passing and their movement. Terrible defenidng for thier equaliser i.e. no pressure on Ribery or Nasri.
  • Options

HT thoughts ?
    Yes very slow! I think England are playing quite well, Milner should have scored but we are giving France to much time on the ball. I think France will nip it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How the heck has Cabaye not been booked? Chamberlain gets a yellow for a nothing tackle and yet Cabaye has been fouling constantly. 3 times he has given away free kicks and the ref doesn't even have a chat!
  • Options
    Ref sucks balls
  • Options
    Sorry, our host are having capacity issues at the moment
  • Options
    Should be fine now.

87 gone, we look knackered. Hope we can hold on
  • Options
    Died a death in the 2nd half. Young being denied the space he had and Wellbeck well marshalled

Still a chance to get a winner yet

• Options
    Great result! England were a unit at the back!
  • Options
    Got to be happy with that. Both teams playing for the draw in the end. lousy for the neutral i would expect. We did look really organised. I would expect us to be more offensive in the next two games.
  • Options
    1-1 final score.

Think most of us would have took that. Glad I held off backing France and much relieved I didn't do the Parker booking bet.

We tired badly 2nd half. Thought for 60 mind Parker was excellent, and Young and Wellbeck very impressive.

Post match thoughts ?
  • Options
    Ref had a shocker, seemed anti England (as always). Point was a fair result, thought we looked fairly good.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I thought Parker was poor. Didn't look 100% fit and conceaded possession too much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Parker was poor. Didnt look 100% fit and gave way the ball too much.
    Really? i thought he did well.
  • Options
    Saw the game and thought the ref made a couple of dodgy decisions over the 90 minutes but looking at my facebook and twitter feed and you'd have thought that he would have sent off 3 of ours and gave them 4 pens?!

Looked a solid unit and liked how we kept possession when we did have the ball.

But in keeping with most England games over the last 15 years it was average viewing at best.
  • Options
    Parker was the 2nd best player after Joe Hart.
  • Options
    I thought Parker was poor. Didnt look 100% fit and gave way the ball too much.
    Really? i thought he did well.
    Yes, looked miles off the pace and didn't put himself about enough. Going into the game I had high hopes he'd be our best performer, so perhaps the reason I'm disappointed is because I expected too much.

• Options
    Parker looked waayyy under his normal self today, hopefully that's just a fitness issue and he'll be better on friday.
    Over all a very decent point, was impressed with the wellbeck/young partnership in the first half and thought that OX was better then downing/theo would have been.

Expectations might have risen slightly..
  • Options
    shit ref. ok performance. we did play to deep though. neither side look that threatening. a draw overall was a good result. shame milner got the only real chance.
    wished our midfield pressured a bit more but maybe that would of left more space for them to come inside of us.
    kept the tempo down which worked for us on the whole.

have no idea who i want to win out of Ukraine and Sweden.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Parker's positioning for their goal is abysmal.
  • Options
    Poor show from England. You always know when we praise our work rate and never say die attitude that we have been totally outplayed. Parker and Gerrard worked hard, but in the wrong area of the pitch. Parker gave the ball away too much. Disappointed, especially in the second half. Milner, Henderson internationals? Nah........
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Henderson done nothing, but I thought it was a solid team performance. Better than what all the doom merchants were predicting anyway.

Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Poor show from England. You always know when we praise our work rate and never say die attitude that we have been totally outplayed. Parker and Gerrard worked hard, but in the wrong area of the pitch. Parker gave the ball away too much. Disappointed, especially in the second half. Milner, Henderson internationals? Nah........
    Totally outplayed? What game were you watching?