Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday 5pm-England v France-Preview/Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fair result in the end. France had the bulk of possession but we looked dangerous on the break and restricted their chances. I am encouraged - baby steps and all that. Losing the first game in a major tournament is a no, no so I will take a point. Still going to be tough to get out but I am confident of getting enough points to qualify.
  • Options
    I was pleased to see the England players playing as a team - they may not be the highest class, but it looks to me like Roy has managed to get them to leave their egos at home. The way they acted after the game showed this. At the last world cup, the team played like a bunch of disinterested individuals who all thought they were better than they were, desperate to get back to their club teams.
  • Options
    Great result. My expectations have risen but knowing England they'll be back at rock bottom in no time.

Defensively we were very solid but we lacked creativity in attack and generally going forward. To be fair to Welbeck he did alot better than I thought he would and had a good game.

Bring on the Swedes!!!!!!!
  • Options
    18/1? Bloody hell!

I only got 25/1 for Terry and 2-1
    I got 175/1 Terry and 1-0
    205/1 lescott 1-0
  • Options
    I should think 1-1 would have been one of the shortist correct score odds.
  • Options
    no way 18/1 at a high street bookies
  • Options
    18/1? Bloody hell!

I only got 25/1 for Terry and 2-1
    I got 175/1 Terry and 1-0
    205/1 lescott 1-0
    LOL, maybe I just didn't read it properly.

18/1 still seems very long!
  • Options
    I think I got 0-0 at 6/1 so gawd knows how 1-1 jumps to 18's
  • Options
    France to win to NIL, 13/5. I'm all over that.
    Another one bites the dust JB. Keep us up to date with your losing bets, just like every other gambler does... Or not... ;-)

I've been having a mare lol.

• Options
    Went down to Ladbrokes on my road to go and collect the £180 and they realised there was something wrong with their print out. It was meant to be 8/1. Thought it was too good to be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Went down to Ladbrokes on my road to go and collect the £180 and they realised there was something wrong with their print out. It was meant to be 8/1. Thought it was too good to be true.
    Don't they have to honour it, if it's there in B&W?
  • Options
    We have very little ability at this level, with shocking attempts to keep the ball. I watched the same poor English attempt as everyone else. This may be another tournament where, after the event, we question our technic and ourvtraining methods. Everyone on here had their fingers crossed for most of the second half that we wouldn 't let one in and we wouldn't keep giving the ball away? The one plus was we had some young players out there. I suppose we maybalso be fortunate with the Swedes and Ukraninas being in our group.
    Shut up mate you're talking crap.
    Well said!!
  • Options
    They probably do but I am not the type of person to ask for money. I just took the £80 and left smiling. I am a student so I am happy with every penny I get.
  • Options
    If you are a student surely you'd be after the £100 you're entitled to?
  • Options
    they should honour that
  • Options
    If the price is on the slip, they have to pay you out.
  • Options
    Go back down there and pull a few fruities over, that's what I'd do........
  • Options
    Worst England team I have ever seen in my lifetime.
    Certainly not the worst performance. You must be too young to remember the Graham Taylor years.
  • Options
    The Taylor team that tried to qualify for USA 94 was easily worse than this one. I was only about 9 and even I knew they were shite. Carlton Palmer or Scott Parker?
  • Options
    The Taylor team that tried to qualify fell SA 94 was easily worse than this one. I was only about 9 and even I knew they were shite. Carlton Palmer or Scott Parker?
    Remember the documentary well "Faaackin ell, do I not believe that.....!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could do a player ratings thread for after these England games?
  • Options
    Could do a player ratings thread for after these England games?
    Good idea, but we'd better bring in a minus system for our players who have "very little ability" though....
  • Options
    Scott Parker wouldn't make it in to any of top international teams midfields
  • Options
    We know, thats why he is in the England team :-)
  • Options
    Hart 0
    Johnson 0
    Terry 0
    Lescott 1
    Cole 0
    Ox C 0
    Parker 0
    Gerrard 0
    Milner 0
    Young 0
    Welbeck 0
  • Options
    Thought the team did well. We were organised, had a game plan, had experience in the key areas and legs elsewhere. I agree that we don't have the ability of the top sides and anybody arguing still arguing that we do needs to take a look at the fact that we are not one of the usual suspects who nearly always finish in the quarters, semi's and beyond - in Europe that would be Germany, Italy, France and Holland and now Spain. I'd say that we are in the second tier with the likes of Portugal, Russia, the Cechs etc. That's not crticism , thats facing facts. If we could buy in the bits we don't have (the creativity, penetration and flair) like we do in the prem, then we'd be at the top table as well but we can't so i'm happy that as a nation we seem to have come to terms with that and we have a manager who is cutting his cloth to suit. It reminded me of a battling Curbishley side - doing a job! And that's good enough for me and gives us a chance.
  • Options
    I also strongly suspect that neither Barry or Lampard are injured and Woy has (once Parker proved his fitness) offered them a get out rather than expecting them to sit around for weeks.
  • Options
    Disagree. He works his ass off, puts important tackles in, and is effective at what he does.

He might not be as flash as other central midfieders, but I reckon he would be picked for a German or even French midfield.
  • Options
    Hart 0
    Johnson 0
    Terry 0
    Lescott 1
    Cole 0
    Ox C 0
    Parker 0
    Gerrard 0
    Milner 0
    Young 0
    Welbeck 0
    lescott 1?!
    all he did was score a goal. and even that just hit him in the face and went in.
  • Options
    Hart 0
    Johnson 0
    Terry 0
    Lescott 1
    Cole 0
    Ox C 0
    Parker 0
    Gerrard 0
    Milner 0
    Young 0
    Welbeck 0