Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney- Overrated?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Rooney was not match fit and left to chase causes he shouldn't be chasing given his fitness. However, his touch, vision and ability to change play and games leaves me feeling that 8 years ago he was World Class and now, he's not got the attitude or confidence or ability to be that player he was as a teenager.

Playing with 8 men doesn't help! Young, Milner and Welbeck should be nowhere near the England team. Play Carroll, Walcott and Oxlade- Chamberlain and let pace and power frighten opposition.

Drop Rooney deeper and have Carroll feed headers to Walcott and Ox as willing runners and have Rooney sit in the gap between Gerrard and Parker.

But then again - what do I know?! I mean - look at all the teams in the semi's in the Euros - they all play rigid 4-4-2 formations ....

Not having a pop here but it's that mentality of having Carroll winning headers and pace and power that has got us into the sorry state we currently find ourselves. The way forward nomatter how faraway in the future is to get the ball, keep the ball and play with good technique, passing and movement. What you are advocating sounds like something Sam Allerdyce would say.

• Options
    Why was rooney not fit? He's been suspended, not injured, should have been training harder than the rest of 'em!
  • Options
    Welbeck lost the ball every time he touched it! Carroll flicked a lot of headers on but at least ten times he took the ball on his chest and tried to play to feet! Given our current list of centre-forwards, who would you play instead?!
  • Options
    Why was rooney not fit? He's been suspended, not injured, should have been training harder than the rest of 'em!
    Yeah, I'm not getting that either.
  • Options
    Just another excuse for people to use for another Rooney under-performance at a tournament, in the past it has been injury or too tired and now its because he wasn't fit as he didn't play in the first 2 group games. Shall we all have a guess as to what it will be for the World Cup?
  • Options
    Totally .
  • Options
    Rooney and Young were shocking last night,
    And yes Rooney is well overated, but give these players a united shirt, and i'm sure there deliver, absolute joke !
    I don't think Young has been that great for United this year either, Valencia was by far their most effective wide player.
    Young start
    Just another excuse for people to use for another Rooney under-performance at a tournament, in the past it has been injury or too tired and now its because he wasn't fit as he didn't play in the first 2 group games. Shall we all have a guess as to what it will be for the World Cup?
    A mouth ulcer
  • Options
    Reading the papers this morning i'd say that Hodgson's main regret would be that he didn't hook Rooney off and i can really see him coming under pressure for his England place.
  • Options
    Reading the papers this morning i'd say that Hodgson's main regret would be that he didn't hook Rooney off and i can really see him coming under pressure for his England place.

There will be no pressure on Hodgson. England did better than expected in the euros and thats enough to keep the other managers at bay
  • Options

There will be no pressure on Hodgson. England did better than expected in the euros and thats enough to keep the other managers at bay
    Not Hodgson's place, Rooney's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another poor tournament for him.
    I am sure Defoe was stripped and ready to come on at one point. I think Parker was dead on his feet and so he changed his mind.

• Options
    while the team were playing pre-tournament friendlies wasn't Rooney pictured in the paper every day on holiday in Vegas....sure that did him alot of good!