Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

Comments

• Options
    what about chicken cottage?
    Biggleswade has a Ken Tuckies - beat that !

• Options
    Live in there, love it and in no way over-rated... Been 3 times in the last week
  • Options
    Morley's all day everyday. Its a South London thing though, nowhere else has it. Best fried chicken and cheap as chips.
  • Options
    Nandos is the one! Medium half chicken, 3 hot hot wings on the side, spicy rice and corn on the cob. The chicken is about 5 times the size of the pissy shite you get from KFC. Best thing about my local nando's is the scandanavian hostess, she is something else
    Surely Nando's and KFC aren't competing in the same market ?

Why not? The food only takes an extra 5 minutes or so to get to you in Nando's, they both focus they're menu around chicken and they both have a sit down or takeaway service. The main difference is the overall feel of the place.

To me Nando's feels like a proper restaurant and the food is generally cooked to a high level, there is variety in the sides and the soft drinks are refillable. KFC tends to be overcooked, greasy and poorly portioned chicken, served with sub standard fries and over syrupy soft drinks, so for me it's a no brainer, i would choose Nand's everytime, and to hell with the extra cost, it's worth it
    But because of the obvious large price difference they are competing for completely different punters. I would expect KFC to be of a lesser standard , they are 3 x cheaper .
  • Options

'Ken Tuckies'. quite a cute name but its got to be grim. I wouldn’t trust it. the same reason i don’t venture into 'The taste of Lewisham'.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Morley's all day everyday. Its a South London thing though, nowhere else has it. Best fried chicken and cheap as chips.
    ahh, the old black bone. its as if they stamped the chicken to death before frying it.
  • Options
    It's better than a most chains and lots of people like chains because they know exactly what they're getting.

I'd personally prefer an independent restaurant, but to be honest you're unlikely to get better value for money in many places. The KFC analogy is ridiculous.
  • Options

'Ken Tuckies'. quite a cute name but its got to be grim. I wouldn’t trust it. the same reason i don’t venture into 'The taste of Lewisham'.
    Believe me - it's grim !
  • Options
    dont get me wrong, its nice...but its kfc on a plate
  • Options
    Kfc has a better taste to it.. and its cheaper! Doesnt make sense how Nandos is taken seriously ahahah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not sure theres too many in london, but there's a chain that is very similar called roosters which is between the two price wise - & id choose it other both every time, since its better quality than kfc but not as pricey as nandos. its always rammed (the one in southampton anyway)
  • Options
    not sure theres too many in london, but there's a chain that is very similar called roosters which is between the two price wise - & id choose it other both every time, since its better quality than kfc but not as pricey as nandos. its always rammed (the one in southampton anyway)
    There used to be one up on the Strand I think. Was walking past it at about 4am one day (whilst slightly drunk) and saw an advert on the front of the shop saying something along the lines of "It doesn't matter about the size of our cocks". Generally amazing/funny to a drunk guy.
  • Options
    haha, well the chicken wrap i had was... sizeable. what are they implying with this advertising?
    drunk at 4am i dont give a toss if its kfc nandos whatever just give me fried chicken!
  • Options
    Nandos is Singapore is god awful. been there once food was delayed, didnt taste of anything just spicy and then they forgot half the order - its the only place I have walked out without paying.

Give me Kenny Rogers roasters anyday!
  • Options
    `Macho peas'
    made me laugh.
  • Options
    Well over priced for what it is. Marketing bluff.
    Is it? Costs about a tenner for half chicken and a couple of sides, go to any chain restaurant and you pay pretty much a tenner for any main meal. I think Nandos is fine, quite like it sometimes but don't know why there are always so many queues, its not that good.
    Marketing bluff, that's why there are 'queues'.

It's just chicken dummy.
  • Options
    What is it on here at the moment with overrating's?

Surely it's down to personal taste? I love it but will only have it on a rare occasion. That way it's still a treat.

Go with lemon and herb spice to cook and use XXX hot sauce for true spicy peri peri flavour. (milder than hot sauce IMO)
  • Options
    Totally overrated. It's just chicken.

Very good marketing, using celebrities to promote it heavily.

• Options
    Can't get my head around Nandos as a "treat" or "proper restaurant".

Fast food is fine and if people like it then great but set your horizons a little wider.
  • Options

Fast food is fine and if people like it then great but set your horizons a little wider.
    Starburger?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite what I meant but got to start somewhere. : - )
  • Options
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one. Just jazzed up KFC
  • Options

Go large?
  • Options
    it is what it is, slightly better fast food than KFC etc proper tables, chairs and cutlery...personally I like the 5 chicken wings, chips and spicey rice comes to about a tenner, it does the job at lunchtime
  • Options
    couldn't get into Nandos a little while back because the queue was back to River Island so we went in the deluxe burger restaurant next door instead. pricey but lovely burgers.
  • Options
    couldn't get into Nandos a little while back because the queue was back to River Island so we went in the deluxe burger restaurant next door instead. pricey but lovely burgers.
    Isn't Deluxe Burgers just a overpriced BurgerKing? We can start the debate all over again LOL ;-)

• Options
    I quite like Nando's, half a chicken with hot sauce, side of coleslaw, then extra hot sauce on my chips, and bottomless refill cold drinks, and I think its reasonably priced. Mrs likes the hot wings and ceasar salad.
  • Options
    Vastly overrated stuff. The chicken is puny. The chips are rubbish. & you gotta pay almost a cockle for it before you even get a drink!

There is one in a part of N London & there is a bog standard chicken shop nearby. The bog standard chicken shop does a lovely 1/2 peri peri chicken with either rice/couscous/chips and salad for £4.99. The chicken & chips taste far far better.

Don't understand how people go there so often. You can go Tesco & buy a cooked full chicken for about a fiver, tastes much better, or 5 BBQ breasts for £3 or something.

Nando's is one of the biggest rip offs going. Thing is I feel like I need to go there yet again because everyone seems to love the place & I feel like I've just been unlucky the 4 times I've been. I'm waiting for that magic to happen that everyone raves about.
  • Options
    tip for Bluewater at lunchtimes during the week, try to get there 12-12:30, after that really busy, been there twice in the last couple of weeks, by the time we left they were queuing a fair bit.
  • Options
    Dont know why but our paths have never crossed.

Surely the real debate is which is better:
    KFC
    Dallas Fried Chicken
    Perfect Fried Chicken
    Texas Fried Chicken