Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Nandos is HQ'd in South Africa. It uses a complex corporate structure to avoid paying UK corporation tax.
    Harvesters is owned by Mitchells & Butlers, which doesn't.
    My personal recommendation would be for you to eat in a Greene King establishment, like their Hungry Horse brand. (I've got shares).
  • Options
    Isn't Nandos where teenagers go for a sit down meal/dates?
  • Options
    How topical! Just got in after doing Nando's following an afternoon cinema session (Jungle Book - 3D IMAX, very good!). Only the second time I've ever eaten in one and it will definitely be the last! What's the fuss all about?
  • Options

Isn't Nandos where teenagers go for a sit down meal/dates?

Teenagers, tightwads and chavs, yeah.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Nandos is HQ'd in South Africa. It uses a complex corporate structure to avoid paying UK corporation tax.
    Harvesters is owned by Mitchells & Butlers, which doesn't.
    My personal recommendation would be for you to eat in a Greene King establishment, like their Hungry Horse brand. (I've got shares).

Feel the tax point although didn't they start with their first branches in SA? Not that should be a reason not to pay pwopa tax

Hungry horse. I am sorry but I'd rather eat from a bin. Been to 2 venues and they were dirty and the food was disgusting. Worst steak I've ever had, it was only useful as a Frisbee
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Nah fam its all bout dat morleys hype init bruv

Bossman set me dat combo meal 3*, safe fam

*1 piece chicken; 3 wings; 3 ribs; chips; drink, for like £3.49.

Anyway. Yeah, I enjoy a Morleys every now and then - same goes for those red, white and blue generic chicken huts that tend to be called something along the line of:

- Favourite Fried Chicken
    - Favourable Fried Chicken
    - Perfect Fried Chicken
    - Best Chicken
    - Dixy's
    - Tennessee Fried Chicken

and have a weird mockup cartoon plaque of a smiling chicken as an emblem. Example below:

... yeah, I like Nando's too. Macho peas, peri salted chips, medium/hot half chicken, refillable drink... I'm a simple man.

Love dat fam.

Chicken George!

• Options

Piri piri chicken evolved into what we have today in Guia, in the municipality of Albufeira in the 60s. Restaurant Ramires claims to have been the first. It was based on old African recipes that came from the former Portuguese colonies Mozambique and Angola. Proper piri piri chicken is served on the bone (anything else is just "chicken breast in hot sauce") with chips and salad (either lettuce, tomato, onion and oregano, or just tomato and onion). Each restaurant will have their own special mix of sauce on the table that you can add yourself if the marinade is not hot enough for you. You should pay around €6 to €7 for it. Nandos is a South African fast food chain that serves chicken.

Actually Algarve piri piri "is a blend of aromatic spices, bonded together by the tears of Portuguese widows that have lost their husbands at sea, el hombre est á muerto".
  • Options
    It's kfc on a plate
  • Options
    Would much rather have a KFC or even McDonald's. Don't get Nandos at all.
  • Options

Piri piri chicken evolved into what we have today in Guia, in the municipality of Albufeira in the 60s. Restaurant Ramires claims to have been the first. It was based on old African recipes that came from the former Portuguese colonies Mozambique and Angola. Proper piri piri chicken is served on the bone (anything else is just "chicken breast in hot sauce") with chips and salad (either lettuce, tomato, onion and oregano, or just tomato and onion). Each restaurant will have their own special mix of sauce on the table that you can add yourself if the marinade is not hot enough for you. You should pay around €6 to €7 for it. Nandos is a South African fast food chain that serves chicken.

Actually Algarve piri piri "is a blend of aromatic spices, bonded together by the tears of Portuguese widows that have lost their husbands at sea, el hombre est á muerto".
    And to be eaten while listening to the plaintive lament of a fado singer, of course...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made my own last night. Spatchcocked a chicken (that will traumatise me forever), marinaded it, put it onna George foreman BBQ I have in my balcony... When I came to put it on my plate I realised it was about 10 times the size of anything I've ever had from nandos.

Smashed it though. I can also do their rice better than them.

Will still probably go their again because it's so easy and convenient... But I'd rather do it at home.
  • Options

And to be eaten while listening to the plaintive lament of a fado singer, of course...
    ....and then go home and cheer yourself up with some johnny cash and Leonard Cohen party classics
  • Options