Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

Comments

• Options

Bump
    Heard a rumour that a couple of players were fined for eating in Nandos after training. They resorted to this because kitchen staff had walked out/not been turning up.

Unsure if this is true but doesn't sound great and it wouldn't have kept these players on side. There appears to be an underlying issue with the staff catering, though I've not read anything about it.

Apologies for the vagueness but thought I'd put it out there in case others have heard about this!

If you believe that, then you'll believe anything! (AKA complete BS)
    Can't agree with the above. Nandos over KFC every day of the week!

Bump
    Heard a rumour that a couple of players were fined for eating in Nandos after training. They resorted to this because kitchen staff had walked out/not been turning up.

Unsure if this is true but doesn't sound great and it wouldn't have kept these players on side. There appears to be an underlying issue with the staff catering, though I've not read anything about it.

Apologies for the vagueness but thought I'd put it out there in case others have heard about this!

Olly has spoken, it must just be a rumour. (AKA total sarcasm).
    Not a rumour... Nandos is deffo better than KFC
  • Options
    Posh kfc
  • Options
    Over-rated shite. Prefer a Chicken Cottage!
  • Options
    Not saying I believe it and I said it was a rumour. Jeez
  • Options
  • Options

Bump

I once did a season-long column with Alan Curbishley on a former magazine I worked on and when I left Sparrows Lane afterwards I would regularly see players tucking into a fry-up in the cafe on the corner of the parade of shops at the top (dunno if it's still there). Only player I can definitely remember demolishing the full English was Matt Svensson.
  • Options

Bump

Bump

Hilarious, Olly.

Seriously though if you're going to completely quash the rumour, please provide something a bit more substantial to back up your argument, because from my point of view this is another failing of the current regime. In fact im intrigued by your rapidity to comment.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Bump

Bump

Hilarious, Olly.

Seriously though if you're going to completely quash the rumour, please provide something a bit more substantial to back up your argument, because from my point of view this is another failing of the current regime. In fact im intrigued by your rapidity to comment.

Just out of interest, what would you constitute as being "substantial" enough?
  • Options
    Sorry guys! Just a bit of fun.. at the end of the day I can't see this doing the club any more harm if it were to be true or not.
  • Options

Bump

Bump

Hilarious, Olly.

Just out of interest, what would you constitute as being "substantial" enough?
    I'd say a half chicken extra hot with chips and hallomi is substantial enough...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the club worried about the fitness of the players for the run in?
    Are they buggery.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Are the club worried about the fitness of the players for the run in?
    Are they buggery.

Totally agree. But it would Be interesting to know what they may or may not of done to piss the cartering company off to the point that they had it on thier toes.
  • Options
    The catering at sparrows lane is ran on an in house basis, not by DNC who cater at The Valley.
  • Options
    Nandos: only been once. Scrawny chicken with no meat. Hardly any sauce. So so everything else. I only get conned once.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Chickens are tiny creatures. I suspect KFC and Nandos sell dead hens.
  • Options

Over-rated shite. Prefer to Cottage!

• Options
    Did someone mention cottaging. ?
  • Options
    Piri piri chicken evolved into what we have today in Guia, in the municipality of Albufeira in the 60s. Restaurant Ramires claims to have been the first. It was based on old African recipes that came from the former Portuguese colonies Mozambique and Angola. Proper piri piri chicken is served on the bone (anything else is just "chicken breast in hot sauce") with chips and salad (either lettuce, tomato, onion and oregano, or just tomato and onion). Each restaurant will have their own special mix of sauce on the table that you can add yourself if the marinade is not hot enough for you. You should pay around €6 to €7 for it. Nandos is a South African fast food chain that serves chicken.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    overpriced sauce on bad quality chicken, plenty of other places i would rather eat then nandos byron burger for example. similar in price or a good old fashioned chicken shish with garlic and chilli sauce.
  • Options
    It's the restaurant for those with no taste buds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nandos: only been once. Scrawny chicken with no meat. Hardly any sauce. So so everything else. I only get conned once.

Is that a summary of you by your wife :wink:
  • Options

Is that a summary of you by your wife :wink:
  • Options
    In the summer, spatchcock a large chicken, baste with a peri peri sauce or your own concoction for 2+ hours, grill on your BBQ.

Will absolutely knock spots off anything you've had in nandos.
  • Options
    In the summer, Rub your whole chicken with your favourite spice/herb mix. Drink half drink a can of lager, stick the can up the chickens 'arris so it can stand up. Put stood up chicken on a Weber type barbie, cover for about an hour or so until cooked. You will have the best roast chicken ever. Do Not try to drink the remainder of the can.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

In the summer, Rub your whole chicken with your favourite spice/herb mix. Drink half drink a can of lager, stick the can up the chickens 'arris so it can stand up. Put stood up chicken on a Weber type barbie, cover for about an hour or so until cooked. You will have the best roast chicken ever. Do Not try to drink the remainder of the can.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'roasting'
  • Options
    Love nandos

Cheap, tasty and not total crap in terms of health and nutrients.

Can eat with a pal for less than a tenner each and feel full and satisfied .unrivalled in terms of value for a sit down IMO.

Also love KFC but thats once every six months cause its so unhealthy.
  • Options
    Nah fam its all bout dat morleys hype init bruv

Bossman set me dat combo meal 3*, safe fam

*1 piece chicken; 3 wings; 3 ribs; chips; drink, for like £3.49.

Anyway. Yeah, I enjoy a Morleys every now and then - same goes for those red, white and blue generic chicken huts that tend to be called something along the line of:

- Favourite Fried Chicken
    - Favourable Fried Chicken
    - Perfect Fried Chicken
    - Best Chicken
    - Dixy's
    - Tennessee Fried Chicken

and have a weird mockup cartoon plaque of a smiling chicken as an emblem. Example below:

... yeah, I like Nando's too. Macho peas, peri salted chips, medium/hot half chicken, refillable drink... I'm a simple man.
  • Options
    Piri Hill next to the Red Lion - Shooter's Hills answer to Nandos. Have only had a delivery and the chicken is good... well better than a bit of chicken and chips from the chicken hut.
  • Options
    I don't get it either, very bland.