Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Murder at the Cottage starts on Sky 20th June.

For those who listened to the West Cork podcast it may give another angle to the proceedings.
    Binged this today. Thought it was really good. 

Still not sure if I think he did it or not ?!? 🤔
  • Options
    Ploughing my way through Bosch on Amazon Prime. Good characters and solid story telling. Reminds me of the Cop shows of the seventies and eighties. 

Talking of ploughing, started watching Clarkson's Farm. Laughed out loud a couple of times. The interaction between Clarkson and the young lad Kaleb (never been anywhere, doesn't want to go anywhere, but knows about everything to do with the land), is TV magic. 
    Ditched Bosch after a few episodes, could not get into it.

Loving Clarkson's farm, 4 episodes in and some real laugh out loud moments.
  • Options
    A little bit into Sweet Tooth on Netflix. Better than I expected so far.
  • Options
    We've just started Mare of Easttown. Thinking of starting Lupin too and I've recorded Together
  • Options
    I've just finished watching Wayne on Prime. If you can stomach a lot of gratuitous violence it's worth a checking out.
  • Options
    Thought it was ok. 
    Only watched it as the picture grabbed us as scrolling through Netflix 
  • Options
    Binging on Silent Witness. Had never seen before but have worked my way through to season 20. I guess it's only a couple of notches above the likes of Casualty / Holby City but it's still enjoyable.

• Options
    Not a series but yesterday watched American murder - the family next door. Not many programmes linger with me but can't stop thinking about this. Just cannot comprehend how anyone could do such a thing. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Not a series but yesterday watched American murder - the family next door. Not many programmes linger with me but can't stop thinking about this. Just cannot comprehend how anyone could do such a thing. 
    Yeah I watched that a few months back. There was a few posts on here about it. Absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    Watched Time in one hit yesterday. A very good series, with some great acting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    After people's suggestions previously we've been watching Unforgotten and really enjoying it. 2 seasons down, think we'll have a break to watch Time and maybe Sweet Tooth, then back to the next 2 season's of that.
  • Options

For those who listened to the West Cork podcast it may give another angle to the proceedings.

He may be innocent, he could be guilty but I do know one thing - he’s one of the most arrogant pricks I’ve ever encountered.
  • Options
    I’m on a weeks leave from work so will catch up with Time on iPlayer. Some I’ve spoken to at work have said that it’s pretty authentic.
  • Options

He may be innocent, he could be guilty but I do know one thing - he’s one of the most arrogant pricks I’ve ever encountered.
    Oh yeah.......if he was on trial for being a double wanker, there is no court in the world that he wouldn't be convicted in.
  • Options
    I’m on a weeks leave from work so will catch up with Time on iPlayer. Some I’ve spoken to at work have said that it’s pretty authentic.
    Would that be a good or bad thing? Not sure I'd hate to see a really authentic or totally bollocks representation of my job more! But that's mainly because my job is crushingly dull and nobody understands it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thought it was ok. 
    Only watched it as the picture grabbed us as scrolling through Netflix 
    On the verge of giving up with it.

Introduction of Bobby and then the reaaaaally long dream sequence in episode 5 has annoyed me.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Would that be a good or bad thing? Not sure I'd hate to see a really authentic or totally bollocks representation of my job more! But that's mainly because my job is crushingly dull and nobody understands it

A good thing. I’ve watched some prison dramas where it’s been obvious that the writer has had absolutely no clue about what life behind the walls is all about nor what the dynamic between officers and inmates is like. If anyone is going to make a drama about a subject then it really needs that realness about it for it to be any good imo.
  • Options
    thought Time was excellent. Good cast, well acted 
  • Options

It was a weird watch for us having lived in the area for the last 7yrs.

I actually don’t think he did it.
    Neither do I think it was a Guard cover up.
    I just honestly think that the important forensic evidence was lost when her body was left out for 24hrs & mistakes were made at the crime scene.
    Then add the narcissist that is Bailey, continually putting himself in the limelight distracting everyone away from any other suspect.

Unless someone decides to confess I fear it will be forever unsolved.

I am very glad that after all these years, Jules finally booted him out. Think she waited until she knew that they could never be tried within Ireland. I just hope she can get on with her life and people leave her be.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    thought Time was excellent. Good cast, well acted 
    One episode down and it was really stressful. Acting already has been excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone watched Clarkson's Farm?

A really enjoyable and easy watch. Of course if you find Clarkson funny then it's a must watch.

If you need any more motivation to watch it, The Guardian gave it 1* so you know it's good.

it's on Amazon Prime so filmed in lovely 4K and HDR.
    Watched the first two episodes and found it very funny. Like Top Gear for farming. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Not new by any means but recently appeared on iPlayer: Battlestar Galactica - can't believe it has taken me this long to watch it! Loving it
    Ok I’m slowly going through these (don’t have access to iplayer so am recording them every Friday night).
    I’m at the stage where they know all the final 5 & 6 has just lost the pure cylon baby.

Honestly I’m starting to lose interest (might be because they just shot the original Apollo 😳).

Is it worth me sticking it out?
    I stopped midway through the second season! Just petered out I thought
    Turns out it was only a few episodes left til the end.
    Finished it today.
    I’m glad I got through it but jeez they drew it out.

I have no idea how anyone has any patience to go more than 4 series. 
    I thought it was worth it for The Wire (enjoyed it but nowhere near the best I’ve ever seen).
    No way I’m ever doing GoT 😳
  • Options
    Late to the party with Time but thought it was superb. Echo a lot of other comments about it being a tough watch, but really bought into it. After about 20 minutes I really thought Bean and Graham should have switched roles but they really grew into it, particularly the former. Actually think there was a little more to tell and another episode or two would have been good. 
  • Options

A really enjoyable and easy watch. Of course if you find Clarkson funny then it's a must watch.

If you need any more motivation to watch it, The Guardian gave it 1* so you know it's good.

Watched 3 episodes today.

The bloke he can’t understand is hilarious.
    Best thing on tele. 
  • Options
    Binged watch the final series (7) of Bosch on Prime. Excellent as always. Great characters and well acted.
    We watched the first two last night and I found it really slow. Loved previous series but can't get into this one so far. 
  • Options
    Binged watch the final series (7) of Bosch on Prime. Excellent as always. Great characters and well acted.
    Noticed that it’s available on Amazon last night. Can’t wait to start watching it, loved it so far.
  • Options

Watched 3 episodes today.

The bloke he can’t understand is hilarious.
    Thats Gerald, how the hell does his wife manage to converse with him when she speaks she sounds normal.