Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves early

With all of the intrigue about who really owns Charlton Athletic, and what is going on with a potential sale or transfer of shares, while poking around I came across the news that Peter Varney's directorship was terminated as of Friday, 13 July.
We know that Peter's planned intention was to leave at the end of the month.
So why has he left, or been pushed out, three weeks early?

Very strange to find this news on a UK companies business website, and not from the club.
Can anyone shed any more light on this news?

Comments

• Options
    *Breaking news*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Here we go again .....
  • Options
    Jesus, what with the news of the titanic sinking this has been a bad week.
  • Options
    Well, as far as I was aware he was leaving on 31 July so this is new news to me. I don't think it's a case of here we go again.
  • Options
    Well, as far as I was aware he was leaving on 31 July so this is new news to me. I don't think it's a case of here we go again.
    This
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Jesus, what with the news of the titanic sinking this has been a bad week.
    WHAT????

When did this happen? I really hope they don't make a movie about it.
  • Options
    You're right.

It does seem to have been done 2-3 weeks early.

The question is, what is the significance in it ?
  • Options
    Well he's staying on for a month and that proves there isn't any bad feeling of why he is leaving was previously used in denial of the earlier "rumours"
    It may just be paperwork to remove him from the neccessary list of directors and he may continue to finish his months notice before he walks off into the sunset happy that he has completed his mission to leave Charlton in safe hands
  • Options
    The end is nigh.
  • Options
    The end is nigh for Peter Varney
    Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter is a good man. He doesn't want to be associated with this shower!
  • Options
    Some posters said that PV was seen sitting with TJ at Welling. Dammit, this doesn't fit at all well with my prejudices. But as he's left earlier than expected, but there's still room for manoeuvre.
  • Options
    Does the companies house site have a forum?

Could be a rival to CL if it does : - )
  • Options
    Does the companies house site have a forum?

Could be a rival to CL if it does : - )
    Nah, they're all too busy over in barrackroomlawyer.com

• Options
    Has Pardew been sacked yet ?
  • Options
    You guys are really not getting this. Peter has walked.....for good reason!
  • Options
    No he hasn't you muppett stop shit stirring
  • Options
    You guys are really not getting this. Peter has walked.....for good reason!
    Which is?
  • Options
    You know him personally do you Roma? Or is this what you heard
  • Options
    My impression is that Roma is a troll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ignore him bud
  • Options
    He walked because he didn't want to work for charlton 8 days a week!

• Options
    My impression is that Roma is a troll.
    This

• Options
    Varney was in the 'directors area' at Welling yesterday with Keith Peacock. Jiminez was not there
  • Options
    Peter is a good man. He doesn't want to be associated with this shower!
    Rather than come on here every so often with a few words of doom and gloom - is there any danger you could put some substance to your information?

Until then I'll regard you as a wum

*waits for response along the lines of "you'll see soon enough"*
  • Options
    I have it from a good source, someone who is a friends friend of Roma that he is from another forum, not to sure who the friend of a friend source is though?
  • Options
    I have it from a good source, someone who is a friends friend of Roma that he is from another forum, not to sure who the friend of a friend source is though?
    Thanks scabby....that's cleared that up then!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Could it simply be that PV's position on the board was to represent the interests of 1 or 2 of the minority shareholders (maybe a couple from the previous regime) whose shares have now being acquired by TJ?

Also, just because the club have formally reported the change in the make up of the Board of Directors does not necessarily mean PV has left yet. He just is no long registered as a director.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Could it simply be that PV's position on the board was to represent the interests of 1 or 2 of the minority shareholders (maybe a couple from the previous regime) whose shares have now being acquired by TJ?
    Yup it's possible Red................... together with about a thousand other unknown reasons.

• Options
    I saw this on companies house on Friday (he left all three CAFC companies including Baton) but didn't bother to post it as it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me. He's agreed to leave at the end of the month (and we don't know if that's calendar month, and we don't know if it was an agreement to stay "up till the end of the month or until the work has been handed over, whichever comes first") and also if all the small print regarding his departure has been agreed and signed then him being taken off at companies house now or in two weeks really makes no difference.

Companies House isn't the place where the agreements are made, you make them within your company and then notify CH a.s.a.p. From a legal perspective it's the date on the contract/amendment you signed which is important, not when it was registered at CH. He could well have formally been signed off any company documents at the end of June, and it's taken two weeks for the club to register it with CH.

In my opinion this is not of any significance whatsoever... however I have notifications turned on for all the Charlton related registered companies and will post any updates that provide new news as soon as I get them! :)