Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves early

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Yet the statement clearly says Protheroe will be a director.

Let's see what he brings to the table if and when he joins the board and if that is even mentioned by the Club

• Options
    I'm a director at my firm Henry, but not on the board.

As posted before, a good friend is well aware of Prothero's qualities and speaks only positively of him. I do expect him to formally be on the board, but just wanted to pre-empt any scaremongering if that wasn't how it panned out. Hoping for good things, he has a hard act & quality man to follow.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not doubting MP but would like to know what his role is meant to be if and when he joins
  • Options
    For anyone interested Peter Varney was at the Leicester game last night in his usual seat in the lower West stand and using the Millenium bar. Seemed very relaxed back in his usual seat and not in the Director's box.
  • Options
    Charlton fan so no surprise there.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

For anyone interested Peter Varney was at the Leicester game last night in his usual seat in the lower West stand and using the Millenium bar. Seemed very relaxed back in his usual seat and not in the Director's box.

As I remember he sat in his usual seat rather than the Directors' Box during his first spell at the Club
  • Options
    Bare minimum mention of Varney and Kavanagh's departures in Slater's programme notes yesterday. Do find it very odd that they didn't even get the standard "we thank them for their hard work and wish them well for the future" (either in the programme notes or when it was announced on the OS).
  • Options
    Was surprised to see how empty the Directors Box looked last night.
  • Options

Me too, I sit opposite in the East and the directors area looked deserted
  • Options
    Yes, saw PV in the car park after the game - hope he's paying for his parking space now :-)

I noticed, too, that MP is now listed as a director in the programme - he wasn't in the Orient one.

BTW, the Les Bordes branded Range Rover is still conspicuous by its absence. Maybe TJ is still on holiday - anyone see him at the match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It wasn't my eyesight then....
  • Options

It wasn't my eyesight then....
    Certainly not, for the first home game of the season in a new league against promotion tipped opposition the tumbleweed could be seen rolling through the directors area
  • Options
    It was empty, and Slater and Murray of the ownership were there, otherwise, no Big Tony and his acolytes
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Poor show.....I had the distinct impression there were more Leicester board members there than Charlton.
  • Options
    "No Moles Allowed"
  • Options
    Proper still checking staff computers.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Who is Mr Proper? New director?

• Options

Plaaayer said:

Who is Mr Proper? New director?

"Mr Proper has left the stadium"

• Options
    Meh!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Hope so. Might stop future unprofessional scaremongering.

Don't blame the absence....if the board read stuff on here last couple of months probably expect to get lynched.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TJ was at the Orient game. He was sat away from Slater and Murray though.

I think I could see Slater last night, that side of the box was pretty sparse though.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Bare minimum mention of Varney and Kavanagh's departures in Slater's programme notes yesterday. Do find it very odd that they didn't even get the standard "we thank them for their hard work and wish them well for the future" (either in the programme notes or when it was announced on the OS).

I thought that too, MrL