Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves early

Comments

• Options
    @LeaburnForEngland

Thanks for that info and opinion. I'm sure you are right but I think most of us were under the impression he was around until the end of July so I can see why people might think its an earlier than anticipated departure.

Does anyone know if PV was in fact at Welling yesterday ? I saw speculation he was but not concrete confirmation.
  • Options
    Varney was in the 'directors area' at Welling yesterday with Keith Peacock. Jiminez was not there
    Yes! I was sat a couple of yards away from him
  • Options
    I saw this on companies house on Friday (he left all three CAFC companies including Baton) but didn't bother to post it as it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me. He's agreed to leave at the end of the month (and we don't know if that's calendar month, and we don't know if it was an agreement to stay "up till the end of the month or until the work has been handed over, whichever comes first") and also if all the small print regarding his departure has been agreed and signed then him being taken off at companies house now or in two weeks really makes no difference.

Companies House isn't the place where the agreements are made, you make them within your company and then notify CH a.s.a.p. From a legal perspective it's the date on the contract/amendment you signed which is important, not when it was registered at CH. He could well have formally been signed off any company documents at the end of June, and it's taken two weeks for the club to register it with CH.

In my opinion this is not of any significance whatsoever... however I have notifications turned on for all the Charlton related registered companies and will post any updates that provide new news as soon as I get them! :)
    That's too much of a sensible, reasonable and well-informed post for the "wet your pants" merchants on here. You might want to edit it to throw in some spurious "insider info" that people can then dissect and take in a thousand different directions. That's how it works - evidently.
  • Options
    Welcome back Off-it

Olly, who was it sitting next to PV then. Mart77's eyesight is worse than thought : - )
  • Options
    Welcome back Off-it

Olly, who was it sitting next to PV then. Mart77's eyesight is worse than thought : - )
    To his left was Keith Peacock, and to his right was a little bald chap, no idea who he was!

• Options
    Welcome back Off-it

To his left was Keith Peacock, and to his right was a little bald chap, no idea who he was!

Queue a Joke !

• Options
    Welcome back Off-it

In my defence I was a fair distance away! I'm surprised nobody tried to have a chat with PV. He wouldn't have said anything I'm sure but his body language would have been interesting.
  • Options
    No excuse Mart : - )

John and Sue Copus were next to the "mystery" bald chap. I reckon they are taking over (that was an attempt at humour not a scaremongering rumour)
  • Options
    Peter Varney leaves early
    He was probably trying to avoid the traffic, typical West Stand supporter.
  • Options
    Varney was in the 'directors area' at Welling yesterday with Keith Peacock. Jiminez was not there
    Yes! I was sat a couple of yards away from him
    are you sure it was not his body double, can't be too sure these days

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Wasn't this fellow was it?
    http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20110103/16/3608907315-soccer-npower-football-league-charlton-athletic-v-swindon-town-valley.jpg

Welcome back Off-it

• Options
    Welcome back Off-it

New takeover, soon it is coming.

• Options
    http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20110103/16/3608907315-soccer-npower-football-league-charlton-athletic-v-swindon-town-valley.jpg

Welcome back Off-it

sure the bloke is tony mac pr man for TJ?
  • Options

Welcome back Off-it

It wasn't Phil Colins no.
    No conspiracy, the same bloke was at the gate saying he's a friend of Peter Varney and needs to pick up his ticket. Genuinly looked to me as if he's literally just an old mate of PV.

• Options

Welcome back Off-it

sure the bloke is tony mac pr man for TJ?
    in the picture i mean not who was with him at welling.

• Options
    Probably just reflected that there was no point dragging it out. Nothing unusual.
  • Options
    It all seems suspect
  • Options
    It all seems suspect
    We're going out of business I just know it.
  • Options
    We're doomed ! (For the 17th time in a fortnight )
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Was it his brother? Sir David Varney.

Can't post a photo off my phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mystery solved! It was Mark Humphreys. One of the guys who sponsored the Carlisle flight and sponsored the revamp of Sparrows last summer. Thought I'd seen him somewhere before!
    He's on the right of the photo in this article:
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2404076,00.html
  • Options
    Mystery solved! It was Mark Humphreys. One of the guys who sponsored the Carlisle flight and sponsored the revamp of Sparrows last summer. Thought I'd seen him somewhere before!
    So you're saying he's buying the Club then. Interesting!

: - )
  • Options
    Good work, Sherlock !

• Options
    Mark will love being referred to as bald.
  • Options
    I think the original question of Peter Varney leaving, or being shown the door, three weeks before his previously announced departure, with no announcement coming from the club or Peter, still leaves open to question the significance of this news.

All we know is that there is a great deal going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. Peter would be, and he has either left early or been pushed out. We don't know which one, or why.

Peter is one of the people that we believe has Charlton's best interests at heart. We aren't so such about others' motivations. But someone that the supporters trust is no longer there, and we don't know why.
  • Options
    I think the original question of Peter Varney leaving, or being shown the door, three weeks before his previously announced departure, with no announcement coming from the club or Peter, still leaves open to question the significance of this news.
    But unless anyone has any "insider info" we don't know that he *has* left early. Being removed as a director doesn't mean the club can't retain his services until the end of July. What if PV was no longer a director from the end of June, but given a month's contract to support the handover? We really don't know and as mentioned above I think we're looking for significance where there is none in this particular case.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry got it wrong!
  • Options
    I've got a brother who has a mate and his name is Peter.

Exclusive.
  • Options
    I've got a brother who has a mate and his name is Peter.

Exclusive.
    Has he left anywhere ahead of time?
    ;-)