Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wilson apparently not being paid

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
My season ticket came today and brought about added excitement for the season amid all the bad that we've heard might be happening with our club.

However, this was slightly short lived as I've just been informed that apparently it's common knowledge among Stevenage players that there are serious problems at the valley and lawrie Wilson hasn't been paid and doesn't know when he will be. As I've mentioned in previous posts I've got a link at Stevenage and this has come directly from their players.

Might it just be a problem with Wilson?

Not being negative or a wum or whatever else, just think that as fans, if any of us have info that we believe to be of a worthy source we should share it

Comments

• Well Yann has signed a two year contract which means he would be being paid other wise he wouldn't have signed on for a longer time if he wasn't being payed. Maybe its just Wilson?

Thanks for telling anyway.
  • If there were a problem with players getting paid id be surprised if Yann would re-sign
  • sounds like they are on a wind up mate
  • edited July 2012
    These rumours could be extremely damaging and can get all sorts of people in hot water if found to be bullshit ( which I suspect they are) so I would consider , if I was you Ross , explaining your source if not editing the thread.
  • Here we go again.
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe this should read Plaayers not been paid , c'mon own up , who owes him?
  • How long as Wilson been with us exactly?
    Is he being (or rather not being) paid daily or, as is more likely, on a monthly basis.
    Don't think his first month is up yet.
  • load of rubbish your mates defo having a wind up --you reckon stevenage would sell wilson for £400k to a team with no money --

I bet half the stevange team would play for us for nothing
  • wickford said:

How long as Wilson been with us exactly?
    Is he being (or rather not being) paid daily or, as is more likely, on a monthly basis.
    Don't think his first month is up yet.

Signed 9th July so no he hasn't been a month yet! Good spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am getting tired with all the rumours on here with no concrete evidence to back this up.
  • Wilson's twitter suggests he's having a good time and settling into the squad well.
  • Like I said, just passing on what i've been told. It's definitely not a wind up, either by my mate or their players, as far as they are concerned, he actually isnt being paid because of problems at the club. But it clearly doesn't seem to fit with new signings or contract extensions. Would a player sign for a club/a contract extension knowing that they won't be paid immediately but that they will in x number of weeks when an issue has been resolved? Maybe there's a get out clause in their contracts? I have no info that that might be what's happened,just trying to piece together how we might be signing players and not paying them yet.
  • Ross_cafc said:

just trying to piece together how we might be signing players and not paying them yet.

Because their pay isn't due yet?
  • DiscoCAFC said:

I am getting tired with all the rumours on here with no concrete evidence to back this up.

Don't read them then mate. Just letting people know what I've been told from a reliable (in my opinion) source.
  • Ross_cafc said:

just trying to piece together how we might be signing players and not paying them yet.

Because their pay isn't due yet?
    He's not going to have complained to old team-mates and good friends of his just because pay day hasnt come around yet.
  • no way everything is rosey in la la charlton land

these mysterons are not good at math and have had to reevaluate their generosity to us , hence the completely underwhelming arrivals at the valley as we look to just survive now rather than the hoped for push on
  • I even though we always talk "per week"... aren't footballers paid monthly like the majority of people?
  • edited July 2012

no way everything is rosey in la la charlton land

these mysterons are not good at math and have had to reevaluate their generosity to us , hence the completely underwhelming arrivals at the valley as we look to just survive now rather than the hoped for push on

Watch out , Charlton Life's Mr Optimisic has turned up !
    You don't read the Daily Mail by any chance do you Ooh Aah ?
  • i read/write enough tripe on here to keep me away from newspapers and the outside world, Sky Sports News is as far as my news intake goes
  • Sponsored links:

You may be right, but we've no real evidence to go on, have we?

Except that JJ and Yann have signed new contracts, a couple of players have signed... etc.

Look at what Slater said when they took over. I think you'll find that no one promised you a rose garden.

You may be right, but we've no real evidence to go on, have we?

Except that JJ and Yann have signed new contracts, a couple of players have signed... etc.

Look at what Slater said when they took over. I think you'll find that no one promised you a rose garden.
    I beg your pardon , could be a song a brewing here....

• i'm not saying that we're about to go bust but i think smoke and fire is a case in point here
    rangers and pompey had players signing contracts etc as they imploded

and there are enough snippets here that prove all is not great at the valley , lets hope it's not as bad as some of the soundbites that have spilled out make it to be

we can all deal with it differently so if i care to worry and it bothers you sorry but i'm sure all the denial posse here were rubbishing our debts when mick collins revealed them a couple of years back
  • Sorry but I call bullshit on this, he hasn't been here long enough to be paid yet if you start a job halfway throught the moth they usually don't pay you on the first payday but then you get all the wages backed up on the next payday.

I haven't been paid yet as my payday is the last working day of the month, in my old job it was every 4th Friday and the job before that the 28th of every month. Maybe he used to get paid on a different day at Stevenage?

No way would we be signing players and signing contract extensions, we would probably have a transfer embargo placed on us as well, but we haven't.
  • Along with the sunshine.....there's gotta be a little rain sometime

I think the song is building!!!!
  • why do people insist on writing such negative posts straight after we have been promoted without any proof, i doubt chris powell would go out and say he was interesting in signing baldock if they couldnt even pay their own players. AWFUL POST and unfortunately a typical charlton fan
  • sam3110 said:

Sorry but I call bullshit on this, he hasn't been here long enough to be paid yet if you start a job halfway throught the moth they usually don't pay you on the first payday but then you get all the wages backed up on the next payday.

I haven't been paid yet as my payday is the last working day of the month, in my old job it was every 4th Friday and the job before that the 28th of every month. Maybe he used to get paid on a different day at Stevenage?

No way would we be signing players and signing contract extensions, we would probably have a transfer embargo placed on us as well, but we haven't.

Sounds about right he probably joined after a cut off point meaning he won't get paid the first month. Which explains why he might complain about it to his mates.
  • What a load of bollocks.

There probably HAS been a behind the scenes development involving one of the investors BUT that does not mean we are going broke.

Taking 30 blokes on a pre-season trip to Spain - which would have to cost 50K by itself - is not the action of a club that can't afford to pay its players.
  • Ross. If I was you I would have kept this to yourself. As soon as I read it I knew you would get a lot of stick.

I'm not sure whether to believe you or not to be honest but to save yourself the hassle you shouldnt have even bothered posting it.

But if you would have posted 'baldock taking medical' I'm sure the replys to your opening post would have been completely different.
  • edited July 2012
    Did someone say Baldocks signing?

I'm loving it how the players are signing now for love , and not money , they'll probably join in with the seat cleaning at the Valley as well.