Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wilson apparently not being paid

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012

It was Player(s), which was true, but has been amended to be made clearer.

Well Bart that certainly is significantly clearer...to the point of being totally different if I may say so!

• Options
    The lack of activity on the transfer seems more significant as time goes on. It's getting more difficult by the day to be optimistic...something's not right, it appears.
  • Options
    Could it be that Lawrie Wilson is being paid, but that it is Stevenage FC that haven't been paid (yet?) and therefore until Stevenage get paid by us for Wilson, he would not be allowed to play in anything other than friendlies? If Lawrie participates in the Leyton Orient match on 14th August, then we will know that Stevenage are satisfied with the deal, and presumably so will be Lawrie.
  • Options
    Not all this grot again.
  • Options

Agree with the doom mongers. Something is horribly wrong because if there wasn't I think we would have signed two or three more by now. Agree Wilson could well be insurance policy if quick cash needed for Solly. Very concerned.

SCP only spoke last week of his frustration in finding suitable players.

I agree that something is not sitting right down in SE7 at the moment, but i wouldnt look too much into our signings. If the quality players arent on the market then why just bring people in for the sake of it?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Please note, this thread was originaly headed (before it was removed)...."Players not being paid".
    Which is a 'significantly' different slant from "Wilson apparently not being paid"!

No it wasn't. It was headed 'player(s?) apparently not being paid'. It also says in the text that it might just be Wilson.

On a different note, I was tempted to copy the rather embarrassing, aggressive inbox that you sent me but I think it will only detract further from the point of the thread. it's very brave of you though to sit behind you're computer and be so aggressive. I've got no problem with the points you raised in questioning whether I should have shared this info, but I do object to the aggressive tone of the message. Well done though, very brave of you to behave in such way over the Internet, and even worse, through a message that others can't see.
  • Options
    he does that ross
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Ross_cafc said:

Please note, this thread was originaly headed (before it was removed)...."Players not being paid".
    Which is a 'significantly' different slant from "Wilson apparently not being paid"!

No it wasn't. It was headed 'player(s?) apparently not being paid'. It also says in the text that it might just be Wilson.

On a different note, I was tempted to copy the rather embarrassing, aggressive inbox that you sent me but I think it will only detract further from the point of the thread. it's very brave of you though to sit behind you're computer and be so aggressive. I've got no problem with the points you raised in questioning whether I should have shared this info, but I do object to the aggressive tone of the message. Well done though, very brave of you to behave in such way over the Internet, and even worse, through a message that others can't see.
    What the one where I called you a bloody idiot.....how awful of me.
    Jeez matey I've been called a lot worse on here.
    I'll say it to your face if it suits you....I'm not bothered, ask anyone who knows me.

• Options
    i don't think the lack of transfer activity is reason enough to assume there are problems behind the scenes. SCP has said that he likes the team we have and is only looking for 3 or 4 players to add competition. We've signed two already, so he only wants a couple more. He has also said how frustrating the transfer market is at the moment with fierce competition and players with high wage demands. There's no need for panic buying or bringing players in for the sake of it. With the squad we have, we can afford to be a little choosy and only bring in players right for the club.

if it's true that players aren't being paid then that would be worrying. but as pointed out above, if it's only Wilson then it may just be that he hasn't been paid yet because it hasn't been here long enough to get his first pay check.
  • Options
    WSS said:

@PorterSLP #CAFC deny any problems at boardroom level today. Further details in tomorrow's South London Press.

"There is a lot of gossip but there is no need for fans to panic," said #CAFC chairman Michael Slater.

I am afraid that blind faith is becoming a rare commodity in football these days Mr Slater, if you are aware of the speculation ( as you claim) then either put up or perhaps not comment might be best policy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How lovely Soundas!
  • Options

Bangs head repeatedly on desk!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Bangs head repeatedly on desk!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's becoming one of those days Gary...oh gawd!

• Options
    Prove it?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

if MS says there is no problem perhaps something on the OS would help. Interesting that they are now commenting on fans 'concerns' when earlier it was no comment at all and wouldn't comment on rumours.

If Charlton released a statement every time someone started a thread on here rubbishing the club it would bring out all the crackpot attention seekers we have.

The club have no obligation to answer accusations from Ross_cafc or anyone else on the internet. The sources are "some players" from another team. I am not questioning Ross, but there is every possibility that none of this has come from Wilson, and even more possibility that if there is any truth in the story there is a reason for it.

Also, if I was unable to pay my staff I wouldn't call in a man in his early 20s and tell him it was because there were real problems, I would keep that from him. So all Wilson could know is that he hasn't been paid - if it's true.

The whole thing sounds like a load of rubbish to me, but either way it would set a bad precedent if someone senior at the club replied to the accusations publicly.

Just my view, of course.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Ross_cafc said:

What the one where I called you a bloody idiot.....how awful of me.
    Jeez matey I've been called a lot worse on here.
    I'll say it to your face if it suits you....I'm not bothered, ask anyone who knows me.

From what I've heard mate you're an angry little old man so playing billy big boll**ks behind your computer screen probably works best for you.
    I'm not getting into a childish argument about whether or not you'll 'say it to my face' or not, grow up, you're embarrassing yourself. End of.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh dear, feel better now........Jeezus Christ.
    Oh yes and I meant to say...from what I'm hearing, you're on an almighty wind-up on here.
  • Options

LOL!

• Options
    Nice to see that AFKAs statement about personal abuse has been heeded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Nice to see that AFKAs statement about personal abuse has been heeded.

Well.............for once it aint me dp!

• Options
    Could be that he accedentially gave them the wrong sort code, hence not being paid ;)
  • Options
    Sort code??? dont need that for cash in a big brown envelope, this is football not banking.

Arry & Rosy would be ashamed of you :-)
  • Options

Oh dear, feel better now........Jeezus Christ.
    Oh yes and I meant to say...from what I'm hearing, you're on an almighty wind-up on here.

Well AFKA has heard something similar (above) so take from that what you will
  • Options
    Soundas / Ross, no more please.
  • Options
    It's ok he banks with Natwest!
  • Options
    I can see this thread getting closed again very soon.......
  • Options
    We as fans can do little ? Look at most of the championship clubs(those with out parachute payments) no one is buying the great palace are even sellling there very best!
  • Options
    given the much rumoured perilous state of the club I am a bit surprised at the lack of interest from other clubs this transfer window in our League winning players - would have expected to hear a lot more substantial rumours about clubs being in for the likes of Morrison, Hollands, Kermorgant, BWP etc - yet thats all been very very quiet

any idea why this is?
  • Options
    given the much rumoured perilous state of the club I am a bit surprised at the lack of interest from other clubs this transfer window in our League winning players - would have expected to hear a lot more substantial rumours about clubs being in for the likes of Morrison, Hollands, Kermorgant, BWP etc - yet thats all been very very quiet

any idea why this is?
    Much rumoured where?
    Charlton message boards
    Stevenage players

It's not exactly the BBC, Sun and Financial Times!