Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wilson apparently not being paid

Comments

• Options

given the much rumoured perilous state of the club I am a bit surprised at the lack of interest from other clubs this transfer window in our League winning players - would have expected to hear a lot more substantial rumours about clubs being in for the likes of Morrison, Hollands, Kermorgant, BWP etc - yet thats all been very very quiet

any idea why this is?
    Much rumoured where?
    Charlton message boards
    Stevenage players

It's not exactly the BBC, Sun and Financial Times!

what i am trying to say, and badly, is that you would expect there to be enquiries coming in from clubs about the availability of our key players given the fact that our financial state has been rumoured to be so terrible...some of these approaches you would expect to leak to the media
  • Options
    Oakster said:

given the much rumoured perilous state of the club I am a bit surprised at the lack of interest from other clubs this transfer window in our League winning players - would have expected to hear a lot more substantial rumours about clubs being in for the likes of Morrison, Hollands, Kermorgant, BWP etc - yet thats all been very very quiet

any idea why this is?
    Much rumoured where?
    Charlton message boards
    Stevenage players

what i am trying to say, and badly, is that you would expect there to be enquiries coming in from clubs about the availability of our key players given the fact that our financial state has been rumoured to be so terrible...some of these approaches you would expect to leak to the media

I agree, makes you wonder if there have been approaches that tried to take the piss and were rebuffed, I imagine we are hanging on for big money for perhaps Solly. There were rumours of an approach. Perhaps we need x amount to even make it worth selling, TJ playing a game of bluff perhaps?
  • Options
    yeah the football gossip column in the Financial Times is normally bang on.
  • Options

any idea why this is?
    Much rumoured where?
    Charlton message boards
    Stevenage players

Or maybe the media (and other clubs) don't believe the rumours?

If things were going down the plughole, surely player agents would be stirring things up by now, e.g.
    "Morrison is interesting ambitious Burney" or
    "Unhappy Wiggins is demanding contract talks, with Leicester and Derby watching developments" etc
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I just hope that the players don't come on here and read some of the unfounded/unsubstanciated rubbish....it's very unsettling I should imagine.
    I bet SCP is tearing his hair out at some of the stuff flying around on here.
    From time to time (like many others) I hear stuff that would be very juicy to put on here but speaking for myself I keep my council and would do nothing to make matters worse to unsettle both the players and CL posters/fans.
    This doesn't make me and no doubt others like me rose coloured specs people......just someone who doesn't want to see the club being torn apart by stupid unfounded gossip....and I admit I get peed off when I see some posters doing this.
    Sorry if I have a pop at them but I and some others will just have enough of it from time to time and simply find ourselves having to speak out.
    We all know things aren't right....but I can't be having this continual rumour mill of rubbish spouted by a few on here (not helped by eye catching and misleading headers to threads), which simply make matters worse without foundation or hard facts.
  • Options

REALLY????
  • Options
    He's got the hump because no one wants to know about Nicky Bailey.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

REALLY????
    Well Gary....I'm guessing he might well dip in here from time to time...don't you think?

• Options

REALLY????
    Well Gary....I'm guessing he might well dip in here from time to time...don't you think?

REALLY????
    I don't think he would.
  • Options
    i doubt it. im sure he's far too busy to check up on whos been to broadstairs and what annoys people on the radio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We all know things aren't right....but I can't be having this continual rumour mill of rubbish

So its fine to know that 'things aren't right', but its not ok for others to discuss it ? On a discussion forum ?

This forum is moderated by a team of moderators that know what is acceptable and what is not. It would be really helpful if people left the policing to them.

• Options

We all know things aren't right....but I can't be having this continual rumour mill of rubbish

So its fine to know that 'things aren't right', but its not ok for others to discuss it ? On a discussion forum ?

This forum is moderated by a team of moderators that know what is acceptable and what is not. It would be really helpful if people left the policing to them.

Sorry that didn't quite come out right Bart...it sounded like I was taking it upon myself to moderate as in saying "I can't be having it"...probably not the best choice of words. Folk can and will post what they like...we all realise that's the idea.

• Options
    edited July 2012

I just hope that the players don't come on here and read some of the unfounded/unsubstanciated rubbish....it's very unsettling I should imagine.
    From time to time (like many others) I hear stuff that would be very juicy to put on here but speaking for myself I keep my council and would do nothing to make matters worse to unsettle both the players and CL posters/fans.
    This doesn't make me and no doubt others like me rose coloured specs people......just someone who doesn't want to see the club being torn apart by stupid unfounded gossip....and I admit I get peed off when I see some posters doing this.
    Sorry if I have a pop at them but I and some others will just have enough of it from time to time and simply find ourselves having to speak out.
    We all know things aren't right....but I can't be having this continual rumour mill of rubbish spouted by a few on here (not helped by eye catching and misleading headers to threads), which simply make matters worse without foundation or hard facts.

What the hell makes the decisionb maker with what can/can't be posted?

Ps. I look forward to another one of your ridiculous PM's after this post, being an internet tough guy must be fun.
  • Options
    Soundas often you make some very sensible posts, but it has to be said today you are coming across as a bit of an idiot. I really struggle to see why you have a problem with Ross posting what he heard? He reiterated many times that it is just what he has heard and should not be taken as gospel, yet you still feel the need to send him an abusive message? Pretty childish really. Can't you just accept that this is a messageboard and people are going to discuss problems at the club, whether you believe there are any or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    People are motivated to post for the same reasons actually. We all care about the club, those who hate to hear the negative stuff respond because they care. People who post the negative post because they care.
    We all want the club to stay alive, and given the examples elsewhere (Rangers, Cardiff, Darlington, Portsmouth) the threat to the existence of our club is upsetting everybody.
    We are a more sophisticated football community these days, and platitudes in a programme aren't enough for us...especially for those of us who were utterly shocked and completely suprised by the unexpected piece of paper thrust in our hands all those years ago.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

People are motivated to post for the same reasons actually. We all care about the club, those who hate to hear the negative stuff respond because they care. People who post the negative post because they care.
    We all want the club to stay alive, and given the examples elsewhere (Rangers, Cardiff, Darlington, Portsmouth) the threat to the existence of our club is upsetting everybody.
    We are a more sophisticated football community these days, and platitudes in a programme aren't enough for us...especially for those of us who were utterly shocked and completely suprised by the unexpected piece of paper thrust in our hands all those years ago.

Well said Seth.

A little more tolerance and courtesy all round wouldn't go amiss especially on this type of thread.

We all love the Club in our own way and should think of that before jumping down someone's throat because we disagree with them!
  • Options
    I did once ask SCP if he read the forums. He laughed and said he didn't, but he knew of other managers who did or got one of their staff to have a regular read.
  • Options
    For what it's worth I was in a meeting today with someone connected with Stevenage who said we have a vg player on our hands in Wilson who came close to being their poty. Re finances he had heard that we had some probs because a large sponsor was in financial difficulties and had pulled out. Well done for posting what you did Ross - I think it is key that we use this forum to share info and get to the bottom of whatever is going on.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

What the hell makes the decisionb maker with what can/can't be posted?

Ps. I look forward to another one of your ridiculous PM's after this post, being an internet tough guy must be fun.
    Well you know all about digging folk out and taking the moral high ground.
    Just knew you'd be turning up to put the boot in................. as you so often do.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

any idea why this is?
    Much rumoured where?
    Charlton message boards
    Stevenage players

Or maybe the media (and other clubs) don't believe the rumours?

If things were going down the plughole, surely player agents would be stirring things up by now, e.g.
    "Morrison is interesting ambitious Burney" or
    "Unhappy Wiggins is demanding contract talks, with Leicester and Derby watching developments" etc

That is what I am saying killerandflash - football is a merciless business, are the vultures hovering? There don't seem to be many reports of players being tapped up by the competition or wanting to jump ship due to the crisis (with eager agents looking forward to a big pay day). This is either a testament to the team building expertise of Powell or a positive sign that things are not quite as bad as they may seem & the water's are not for testing - who knows? I certainly don't...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is highly entertaining. Well done chaps.
  • Options
    I heard from a good source we fielded an inelegible player in our 1947 cup win, and it will be wiped from our history.
  • Options

What a load of bollocks.

There probably HAS been a behind the scenes development involving one of the investors BUT that does not mean we are going broke.

Taking 30 blokes on a pre-season trip to Spain - which would have to cost 50K by itself - is not the action of a club that can't afford to pay its players.

Mr Ormiston, I could not have put it better myself so I will just repeat "What a load of bollocks"
  • Options
    IMHO I think Oakster has hit the nail on the proverbial here regarding the attitude of our players during these " interesting " times for our Club.

It's been well documented that this group of players are unique - they truly have a bond rarely seen in other squads and look after each other. It's obvious that the gaffer has built up a great team spirit and no-one would question the respect that the players have for him, and the respect he has/shows to his players. They are indeed a very strong unit and one which I feel would take something monumental to break .

Let's hope they don't have to face anything of this ilk to test it.
  • Options
    Fanny, you are right to post this. In the face of everything, if we can preserve the core values developed by the football side, and preserve the personnel too, getting players in is not gonna be any kind of deal breaker regarding future progress. What we have now is good stuff, and that must not be underestimated.
    We also have excellent supporters despite any conflict between some of us on the internet.
    We still have a chance and it must be nurtured long term.
  • Options
    All for one, Seth.
  • Options

Spot on Large and Oooahh,

I would say without doubt there are money concens at The Valley and those that think it was all rumours or that we are over the worst are mistaken.

We have made a couple of low key signings mainly as cover and I think that will be that. As one of those players was cover at right back Solly could well be the "insurance" policy we may need if things get worse behind the scenes.

We walked through league 1 last season and it is very clear to see that with a little bit of investment and tweeking we could well have had a go at The Championship next season.

Looking at all the other transfer activity in The Championship we are either leaving it very late or I suspect we are done and dusted squad wise.

Wilson was a target on the A list at the end of the season. I wish people would stop putting 2 and 2 together and come up with five.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I agree with Fanny that we are blessed with a squad that are such a tight unit that you can see it and almost touch it. SCP has got this group playing and developing to his blueprint and I assume we would soon know if all was not rosey in the camp.
    Love and peace to all fellow posters, whatever your viewpoint!!
  • Options
    Keep this shit going, I love a tantrum
  • Options
    When I joined my last company, I didn't get paid for 6 weeks this was due to me joining half way through the month and after the payroll had been done. No doubt I mentioned it to friends, didnt mean my company was in financial trouble!