Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wilson apparently not being paid

Comments

• Options
    I wish :D
  • Options
    I presume that a key moment will be the end of July when all the wages need to be paid. It could be that everything is great, everyone gets their money in full and on time.
    It could be that some money is sourced to cover the wages in July, but not from a big pot of money put aside for the seasons costs, and then a search down the back of the sofa has to happen again at the end of August.
    The TV money at the end of August could cover things then anyway.
    We then have the transfer window until the end of September, which if the club is stumbling along financially, could help providing we sell players.
    By the end of October some of the match day income may have been put aside to help pay wages at that point. Again that would be the scenario if we're struggling financially.
    Then you have to get through the winter months. if the team are doing well, better gate money would help, and hearing of a lucrative FA Cup draw for January, plus the January transfer window sales (if necessary) would help us get through more of the season.
    By writing the above I am making a massive assumption that we are not getting funded by a sugar daddy/mummy...if we are then great, all bets are off.
    Logic and (un)common sense suggests to me that stumbling along is what we will be doing, this is in the absence of any real knowledge about who really owns and funds us, maybe if it were clearer I would feel more relaxed.
    I suspect one line put out there is something like " Well things are tight at Charlton, but they're tight everywhere, we'll get by somehow".
    As for Mr Wilson, maybe he wanted to come to us rather than Posh, and accepts a gap or a wait for his money. Is there any objective evidence we have paid Stevenage £400k? It may well be on the never never, or some kind of promise about the future.
  • Options

why do people insist on writing such negative posts straight after we have been promoted without any proof, i doubt chris powell would go out and say he was interesting in signing baldock if they couldnt even pay their own players. AWFUL POST and unfortunately a typical charlton fan

A bit harsh, all the bloke did was relay some info that he heard, It may be bullshit, but at the end of the day no one knows what's going on behind the scenes so who's to say he may in fact be right. Let's hope not hey.
  • Options
    Bollocks!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Fear not fellas, this guys in town real soon, then we can all relax , i'm sure its all part of the master plan at Charlton for this guy to tag along with us ( a la Jason Euell connections) , believe that and you'll believe anything :-0

• Options
    edited July 2012

why do people insist on writing such negative posts straight after we have been promoted without any proof, i doubt chris powell would go out and say he was interesting in signing baldock if they couldnt even pay their own players. AWFUL POST and unfortunately a typical charlton fan

Wow. What exactly is it that is so AWFUL about passing on info that has come directly from senior Stevenage staff and players about an ex teammate and good friend of theirs who are still in touch with him?

I now see why people on here have said that they wished they didn't bother sharing any info that theyve got.
    Hope the rose tinted glasses and your distinct lack of any form of intelligence work out well for you.

• Options
    oooooohhhh this is getting tasty!!!!! ; )
  • Options
    It is understandable because we all love Charlton, and we all want everything to be fine, that any errrm cautious posts are greeted with abuse to the poster. it is a shame, and then we have the to and fro of personal insults. Those posters who have actually been searching for hard information such as New York Addick are the ones trying to make sense of the whole mystery of everything, wouldn't it be great if more posters try to think things through objectively rather than letting their love for our great club manifest itself in personal abuse towards each other?
  • Options
    Why would a club who have financial problems openly admit to a player who they have just signed that he isn't going to be payed because the club has money problems ( all Arround the same as time trips and contracts renewals etc ) ?
  • Options

Ross. If I was you I would have kept this to yourself. As soon as I read it I knew you would get a lot of stick.

I'm not sure whether to believe you or not to be honest but to save yourself the hassle you shouldnt have even bothered posting it.

But if you would have posted 'baldock taking medical' I'm sure the replys to your opening post would have been completely different.

I also don't know if it's true or not so I don't blame people for not necessarily believing it. I've never said 'I personally know for sure that Wilson isn't being paid because of club problems'. I've just passed on info from people who in my opinion wouldn't bother lying. That doesn't mean I take it as gospel.
    I got a call just before I posted from a mate on the Stevenage team bus on their way back from Dublin asking me what is happening at charlton because Wilson apparently isn't being paid and there are underlying problems as to why.
    But completely agree mate, I shouldn't have bothered!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    On the payment front , I would guess (meaning I'm guessing its not gospel) that Wilson would have been due a signing on payment when he joined and it hasn't happened as quick as he expected if any of the above is true (which doesn't mean it is)
    Thanks Ross for sharing what you know , right or wrong , you have shared it with good intentions
    As hard as it just ignore the precious ones who can't have anything bad said about our wonderful role model club that all teams aspire to follow ... Well that is until we slipped two leagues and built up a huge amount of debt and nearly went into administration until the mysterons turned up !
  • Options

On the payment front , I would guess (meaning I'm guessing its not gospel) that Wilson would have been due a signing on payment when he joined and it hasn't happened as quick as he expected if any of the above is true (which doesn't mean it is)

or dare I say, wasn't he getting out of paying for a round after getting stick for his new hefty pay packet... Can imagine this as being part of the banter, and lo and behold someone is taking this seriously???
  • Options
    With the thread starters permission, i've re-opened this thread as it was being discussed in others.

What Ross was told ties in with something similar I heard a couple of weeks ago, that Wilson was very keen to join when he did but there would be a delay in first payment.

No whether that's a case of 2+2=6, and that's nothing out the ordinary, I really don't know. Add it to the growing number of 'things don't sound fully right but can't quite put your finger on it' items that seemed to have been floating around over the last couple of months.

This is completely separate, and should not be bracketed as 'the players haven't been paid', as that would suggest something a whole lot more serious, which I don't think anyone is doing.

------

On a separate point, the level of confrontation to what people post on here has really got to stop to avoid unwanted measures being taken.

Equally users are reminded that sending abuse with private inbox, which I know has occurred to some posters over the last two months, is a serious breach and runs the risk of expulsion of the site. Come on peeps, its a discussion forum, we're here to discuss not engage in friction, confrontation or nastiness. Raise your game guys, please.

Please don't make us have to completely re-evaluate what we offer here.
  • Options
    I think if i genuinely knew something dodgy was going on at Charlton here would be the last place i'd post it , sending abuse to peoples inbox is out of order.
  • Options

With the thread starters permission, i've re-opened this thread as it was being discussed in others.

What Ross was told ties in with something similar I heard a couple of weeks ago, that Wilson was very keen to join when he did but there would be a delay in first payment.

No whether that's a case of 2+2=6, and that's nothing out the ordinary, I really don't know. Add it to the growing number of 'things don't sound fully right but can't quite put your finger on it' items that seemed to have been floating around over the last couple of months.

This is completely separate, and should not be bracketed as 'the players haven't been paid', as that would suggest something a whole lot more serious, which I don't think anyone is doing.

------

On a separate point, the level of confrontation to what people post on here has really got to stop to avoid unwanted measures being taken.

Equally users are reminded that sending abuse with private inbox, which I know has occurred to some posters over the last two months, is a serious breach and runs the risk of expulsion of the site. Come on peeps, its a discussion forum, we're here to discuss not engage in friction, confrontation or nastiness. Raise your game guys, please.

Well said.
  • Options
    Ross_cafc said:

My season ticket came today and brought about added excitement for the season amid all the bad that we've heard might be happening with our club.

However, this was slightly short lived as I've just been informed that apparently it's common knowledge among Stevenage players that there are serious problems at the valley and lawrie Wilson hasn't been paid and doesn't know when he will be. As I've mentioned in previous posts I've got a link at Stevenage and this has come directly from their players.

Might it just be a problem with Wilson?

Not being negative or a wum or whatever else, just think that as fans, if any of us have info that we believe to be of a worthy source we should share it

I think it could be that the problem lies with Stevenage being dilatory in paying a player no longer on their books what he is owed given that football contracts run from 1st July.

This is opinion and speculation not a statement of fact before the HP (sauce) mob come out!

:-)
  • Options

------

But I'm told that's all friendly banter and should be allowed.

• Options
    well I, for one, am concerned about this. There have been too many such issues this summer and there is no smoke without fire. I'll add that Clarke would have gone by now but for a payment from us not forthcoming. Just what I've heard but could be true.

Add this to the lack of signings and I'm worried. I wasn't expecting a massive influx of players but I was expecting three or four Championship standard players to improve the squad. CP said he wanted new recruits in by Welling. It hasn't happened. Why? Lack of funds, unable to match fees offered by others, unable to match wages offered by others. Whatever, it's all very concerning.
  • Options
    @PorterSLP #CAFC deny any problems at boardroom level today. Further details in tomorrow's South London Press.

"There is a lot of gossip but there is no need for fans to panic," said #CAFC chairman Michael Slater.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Please note, this thread was originaly headed (before it was removed)...."Players not being paid".
    Which is a 'significantly' different slant from "Wilson apparently not being paid"!
  • Options
    It was Player(s), which was true, but has been amended to be made clearer.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Bloody hell Barn thats sounds bad down there, lol
  • Options
    if MS says there is no problem perhaps something on the OS would help. Interesting that they are now commenting on fans 'concerns' when earlier it was no comment at all and wouldn't comment on rumours.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I am getting tired with all the rumours on here with no concrete evidence to back this up.

That's why they are posted on a rumours thread not the fact thread !

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Spot on Large and Oooahh,

I would say without doubt there are money concens at The Valley and those that think it was all rumours or that we are over the worst are mistaken.

We have made a couple of low key signings mainly as cover and I think that will be that. As one of those players was cover at right back Solly could well be the "insurance" policy we may need if things get worse behind the scenes.

We walked through league 1 last season and it is very clear to see that with a little bit of investment and tweeking we could well have had a go at The Championship next season.

Looking at all the other transfer activity in The Championship we are either leaving it very late or I suspect we are done and dusted squad wise.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    WSS said:

@PorterSLP #CAFC deny any problems at boardroom level today. Further details in tomorrow's South London Press.

"There is a lot of gossip but there is no need for fans to panic," said #CAFC chairman Michael Slater.

Call it the lawyer in me but public statements not to panic make me concerned. If you don't want people to panic, go and buy some bloody players, because we need 3-4 capable of being in the matchday 18 ASAP.
  • Options
    Squad!! sorry
  • Options
    as the saying goes, I'll believe it when it's on the OS.
  • Options
    Agree with the doom mongers. Something is horribly wrong because if there wasn't I think we would have signed two or three more by now. Agree Wilson could well be insurance policy if quick cash needed for Solly. Very concerned.