Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    Ah ok - thought it was from the club.

Cheers.
  • Options
    from Prague Addick, further up this page :

'Briefly for now. I believe it has already been well established by various people (before it was confirmed to me) that Steve Kavanagh is now working out his resignation period at home and not working. (not exactly 'gardening leave' as it's usually meant, but that's a detail), so I think it is the case that he is "forthwith walking from the club".'
  • Options
    Might have not asked to resign but it smacks of being asked to leave as soon as he did.
  • Options
    thought gardening leave was to keep you out of harms way while you serve your notice..
  • Options
    razil said:

thought gardening leave was to keep you out of harms way while you serve your notice..

Thats how I see it, in our industry sales consultants are normally placed on gardening leave whilst they serve their notice, I am sure it is the same across other industries.
  • Options
    Or to keep you quiet as you're still 'employed' by the company.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Or to keep you quiet as you're still 'employed' by the company.

This

• Options
    edited July 2012
    if anyone knows Steve I need a new deck, some lawn and a fence. I promise not to quiz him re the club etc
  • Options
    Do we even know that he has a garden...................he may live in a flat?
  • Options

Do we even know that he has a garden...................he may live in a flat?

OK he is on window box leave then............:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

My 'source' is back in the country today - will find out later what all the kerfuffle is about - still expecting it to be just about clearing the way for our major backer and puppet master to become even more prominent - almost emerging from nowhere to heroically help us out of this seeming financial meltdown!

when you say source is that to supply some mind altering substance?

;)
    There's a few on here that could do with some mind altering information that's for sure.
  • Options
    ok - have touched base with the source and most of what has been said on here has been confirmed. 20% of the shares still have unknown ownership but crucially there are a queue of investors who want in so whether TJ pushes us on 'fast track' or things are done progressively, there doesn't seem to be any danger of financial collapse. There was a temporary cashflow issue, now resolved. I'm still not ruling out the possibility of TJ buying a few showcase players very soon (not with his own cash). 1 signing iminent today in a position i think we all agree is needed.

• Options

ok - have touched base with the source and most of what has been said on here has been confirmed. 20% of the shares still have unknown ownership but crucially there are a queue of investors who want in so whether TJ pushes us on 'fast track' or things are done progressively, there doesn't seem to be any danger of financial collapse. There was a temporary cashflow issue, now resolved. I'm still not ruling out the possibility of TJ buying a few showcase players very soon (not with his own cash). 1 signing iminent today in a position i think we all agree is needed.

Well that post certainly gives this thread new va va voom methinks. Good if true though Bexley.

• Options
    So when you say "most of what has been said on here has been confirmed" which bits specifically is your source saying are true and which bits not?

And this one signing is who and playing in which position?

Remember it was you calling for posters to be more specific : - )
  • Options
    Surely the one signing will be Kerker?
  • Options
    Think it's central midfield. We all know how good BD is ;0)
  • Options
    Not scared or excited by this it's all just so uneasy.
  • Options
    Imminent signing got to be kerker
  • Options
    Someone on Twitter stated "New investors looking at Charlton Athletic"

@PlayerAgentEPL was his name.

I asked if he could give any more info but got nothing back
  • Options

So when you say "most of what has been said on here has been confirmed" which bits specifically is your source saying are true and which bits not?

KC gone, temp cashflow prob, bills now paid, kerker rangers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Dazzler21 said:

Not scared or excited by this it's all just so uneasy.

Only if you let yourself get whipped up in the hysteria. (which i'm embarrassed to admit I did at the start for a bit)

Few weeks ago it was aired on here that we may struggle to even complete the season which touch wood will turn out to be bollocks as nothing i've seen suggests that, quite the opposite.

Not having a dig at anyone who has posted concerns obviously in good faith but does seem to have been a lot of wild speculation (mainly of the worst possible scenario) and guesswork going on based on little concrete evidence.

• Options
    Thanks Bexley Dan - so good to have some positive vibes at long last. Fingers crossed on the signings - I do think that the current squad can hold their own in the Championship, but I would love some reinforcements to maybe help us challenge for the play-offs.
  • Options
    Maybe the reaction to events here and elsewhere have forced peoples hand a little bit, just maybe.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

KC gone, temp cashflow prob, bills now paid, kerker rangers

I personally believe all of that even if it did come from Bexley Dan :)
  • Options
    what about selling our most prized asset, that would tend to put the above into context if it happens, don't you think?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks BD,

So it seems the Famous Five were correct then, at least according to your source. That's a turn up for the book.

Did they say why PV and SK left?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    seth plum said:

Maybe the reaction to events here and elsewhere have forced peoples hand a little bit, just maybe.

Ha ha there really are some delusions of grandeur on here.....yep an executive board of business men/ money men are heavily influenced by the inane witterings of a bunch of sad blokes (myself included) on an internet chat room.

I take it all back....if those running the club pay real attention to the waffle on fans forums we are defintiley up shit creek.
  • Options
    Thanks BD any idea who the signing will be? Or is it just going to be Kerkar/Dervite?
  • Options
    Any signings will be very decent cover. Nothing more. IMHO
  • Options
    razil said:

what about selling our most prized asset, that would tend to put the above into context if it happens, don't you think?

I am advised that that is not something that is about to happen but i guess like all things, only time will tell - boardroom turbulence - go on holiday and wake up when the season starts would be my advice to many getting worked up on here.