Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    Fight!

(my money's on Rodney!)
  • Options

seth plum said:

Maybe the reaction to events here and elsewhere have forced peoples hand a little bit, just maybe.

Ha ha there really are some delusions of grandeur on here.....yep an executive board of business men/ money men are heavily influenced by the inane witterings of a bunch of sad blokes (myself included) on an internet chat room.

I take it all back....if those running the club pay real attention to the waffle on fans forums we are defintiley up shit creek.
    i will give you irrefutable evidence that members of the current Board read this forum

Eenie meenie mynee mo..........

Soon they'll only be one left anyway!
    And I know it's not him.

• Options
    The intheknow infinity
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Fight!

(my money's on Rodney!)

Same offer to you then. At the same time, too.

Never actually won a real fight, so this would give me a lift in my old age....:-)
  • Options
    I won't be at the meeting Prague, what with being up North but if that is indeed true then can I just say:

Dear board member(s), we as fans would like to say thank you for what you helped the club achieve last season and we respect that you are business men first and foremost but PLEASE don't do anything to harm our club.
    Charlton Athletic is a special club, much loved and adored. There might not be that many of us but our hearts are true. Help us sensibly achieve our dreams in a sound way and you too could be considered CAFC legends in time. Respect us and you'll have our backing. Unity is strength.
    Regards
  • Options

Off_it said:

Fight!

(my money's on Rodney!)

Never actually won a real fight, so this would give me a lift in my old age....:-)
    What are you offering me exactly - out?

Confused.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Fight!

(my money's on Rodney!)

What are you offering me exactly - out?

Confused.
    Don't be silly.

But why don't you come to the meeting? Meet real people instead of their keyboards, hear what they have to say, give your opinion, see whether it changes some of your preconceptions. And maybe be part of something that eventually helps secure the club's future.

• Options
    What are my preconceptions then? And how do you knw I wasn't at the last meeting?

All bit preconceived of you, isn't it?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What are my preconceptions then? And how do you knw I wasn't at the last meeting?

All bit preconceived of you, isn't it?

You have a point. I apologise for making assumptions which I'm in no position to be sure of.

I'm just saying that people spend so much time and energy here sniping at fellow Charlton fans, a pointless and destructive exercise, and if they met each other in person they might be less inclined to do that, and instead find they've got a lot in common.

• Options
    No worries PA.

Is there an agenda, or will there be one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

No worries PA.

Is there an agenda, or will there be one?

I'm just one of the people turning up, because happily I'm in London for the Olympics next week. I'm sure Razil will be working something out. I do think he deserves a decent turnout, and next week for better or for worse we will probably be a bit clearer about the way things are going, so its a good time to just be there and pool our knowledge and ideas.

• Options
    Yeah stop questioning the all-pervading power of an internet from behind your keyboard Rodders!
  • Options
    will there be sausage rolls?
  • Options
    A mere 793 miles to get to the meeting. Suspect I won't make it but very much with you in spirit. Bon chance.
  • Options

Agree BD but as I said I'll believe the story of the new investor/s when it is on the OS.

"There is new investment coming" is right up there with "the cheque is in the post" and "Of course I won't come in your mouth" as all time great lies.

: - )

BD , thanks for the info to do an Oooah , whats the percentage chances of Sam Baldock signing?

i don't know - as i say, i take all info not as fact but something to throw into the 'possibility tank' but the thinking is that Baldock and another crowd pleasing signing will go some way to re installing confidence in the set up as it is at the moment.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Maybe the reaction to events here and elsewhere have forced peoples hand a little bit, just maybe.

Ha ha there really are some delusions of grandeur on here.....yep an executive board of business men/ money men are heavily influenced by the inane witterings of a bunch of sad blokes (myself included) on an internet chat room.

I take it all back....if those running the club pay real attention to the waffle on fans forums we are defintiley up shit creek.
    Well Rodney, if you care to pitch up to the Supporters Trust meeting on August 9th i will give you irrefutable evidence that members of the current Board read this forum and react to it ( n.b. that "react" could mean asking rhetorically what the matter is with that bunch of muppets + expletives of your choice).

Well?

Just seen this hence delay in reply.

Went to the inaugral Supporters Trust years back that never took off and I felt inclined to then as i believed we were in dire straits. Despite club officials myseteriously posting cryptic stuff on here in the past month alluding that we are in danger of completing the season with the same manager etc whipping up the hysteria before refusing to answer any questions (which i now find both odd and unprofessional) I dont see any evidence to suggest we are in any different a situation from 99% clubs outside the top flight and instinct just tells me their are noses out of joint and agendas at play.

I'm interested in the club, the management and the players. Not in the politics, it's politicians and the agendas that seem to be in play at the moment. I'm imagining the ST will be an extension of this board at the inaugral stage ie one side of the story and for that reason I wont be attending and I dont see what is to be gained or how feasible it is at the moment. Of course that could all change and id be along. Good luck to those involved though as good to see people acting on their concerns.

Im sure they do read it and probably do think many on here are muppets etc as would i had i put my hard earned in and read the complete lack of graditude and oft unfounded critcism on here over the past few weeks so soon after delivering the club stability then promotion and saving us from the mess that the previous board tried their best but failed to do so.
  • Options
    Why would the Trust be an extension of this or any other Board? Cl is the most popular forum I believe so its not a surprise there should be some crossover, not sure why that would be a problem though.

I don't think there has been any discussion so far of current rumours. We deal in facts and reality, such as the Lansdowne Mews debacle - this is something I have insisted on as Chair. We do of course recognise present day threats to our club in the current football environment, and speculate on topics such as future models of sustainable ownership.

Perhaps you should try attending you might be surprised, don't be shy now. Or elaborate your point a little further in case I have misunderstood.

BR
  • Options
    Razil im certainly not shy. Good looking, intelligent and modest but not shy.

Fair enough I sound like I misjudged it based on your post. I've just noticed a real anti TJ and MS feeling on here of late but maybe that is just the way I interpret it.

I might pop by then, where is it and what time please as i cant see the thread?
  • Options
    I thought I knew who RCT was. But judging by that description above, i'm not so sure now.
  • Options
    Sorry mate should have typed "extremely good looking".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The trust is about representing the fans, but as i said it is not necessarily anti or pro the current or previous cafc Boards.
  • Options

Agree BD but as I said I'll believe the story of the new investor/s when it is on the OS.

"There is new investment coming" is right up there with "the cheque is in the post" and "Of course I won't come in your mouth" as all time great lies.

On the other hand the stories of our financial problems are just as vague. If you're going onofficial sources, there've been no financial problems either, and we should listen to Michael Slater when he says everything is ok...

As for your last comment, maybe that's why SK left...
  • Options

Sorry mate should have typed "extremely good looking".

I can confirm this. Absolutely lovely if you don't mind gingers
  • Options

On the other hand the stories of our financial problems are just as vague. If you're going onofficial sources, there've been no financial problems either, and we should listen to Michael Slater when he says everything is ok...

As for your last comment, maybe that's why SK left...
    I think you are missing the point - TJ seems to be rowing his own boat at the moment and the feeling is he wants to get to the prem quicker than was the original plan. He thinks with increased investment it can be achieved very quickly. KC was asked for substantial further funds and baulked at this particularly as it appeared that only his funds had been used to date. Currently it appears that TJ thinks he can do things on his own, with his own investment (so maybe he does have a very rich backer behind him but one who has wanted more of a share of the cake before really stepping up the involvement). KC didn't want to be involved in this increased investment and walked. The point is that i don't think TJ is saying there are loads of backers ready to join in - i think he is happy to go it alone but it's whether he can or not that is the concern and i guess this hinges on the depths of his or his backers pockets. The involvement of other investors would therefore be the back up / alternative plan - if of course, they exist, but that is the word, but not necessarily the word of the current regime. Only time will tell how it all unfolds i guess but this is also why it could well be likely that some cash is splashed in the transfer market soon to help disprove the fact taht the only cash available was KC's. Again, only time will tell but i tend to think the holder of this other unknown 20% holds the answers.
  • Options
    Sorry, but how much of this TJ rowing his own boat (shouldn't he be down at Eton Dorney?) etc is fact, and how much is speculation? We may believe KC pulled out, but then it has never officially been confirmed on the OS, or even in any reputable news source, that he was 'in' in the 1st place!

"The point is that i don't think TJ is saying there are loads of backers ready to join in "
    TJ has said nothing to us, whether positive or negative!
  • Options

Sorry, but how much of this TJ rowing his own boat (shouldn't he be down at Eton Dorney?) etc is fact, and how much is speculation? We may believe KC pulled out, but then it has never officially been confirmed on the OS, or even in any reputable news source, that he was 'in' in the 1st place!

"The point is that i don't think TJ is saying there are loads of backers ready to join in "

The fact that he has increased his share amount (confirmed) would signify he's intent I would suggest that he's at least taking a more controlling role within the "rowing boat"

Stll fascinated in the role Slater has, will he be hanging around? I suspect Cash has not technically walked away, more that he has refused to more money into the club and will hang around until such time as his investment is at least rerurned.
  • Options

i am reporting what i have been told - as i say, i can't and don't claim it is fact but i've stuck it in my possibility pot as the source of the info is very good.
  • Options
    Killerandflash

You really have to accept that a football club and it's fans are not separated by a Berlin Wall. It is perfectly possible that some fans do have sources which are authoritative. It is not at all helpful to keep digging people out; they cannot reveal their sources, so you just have to look at the CL person, what he/she writes, how well it is written and what he/she has written in the past, and then make your own judgement on whether you believe it. By all means use your own reasoning to challenge the facts or assumptions the person has written, but simply accusing them of making it up - which is how your post sounds - is neither helpful nor fair.
    For my part, I can say that what Bexley Dan has written is in line with what I have heard. And I don't like the sound of it. I think we ought to consider the implications if it is correct. On what basis does Jiminez think we can race throughout the division? What will it cost? Where will the money come from? Does he believe it because he believes he has a brilliant manager, or will he pile unreasonable pressure on SCP?
  • Options

Killerandflash

You really have to accept that a football club and it's fans are not separated by a Berlin Wall. It is perfectly possible that some fans do have sources which are authoritative. It is not at all helpful to keep digging people out; they cannot reveal their sources, so you just have to look at the CL person, what he/she writes, how well it is written and what he/she has written in the past, and then make your own judgement on whether you believe it. By all means use your own reasoning to challenge the facts or assumptions the person has written, but simply accusing them of making it up - which is how your post sounds - is neither helpful nor fair.
    For my part, I can say that what Bexley Dan has written is in line with what I have heard. And I don't like the sound of it. I think we ought to consider the implications if it is correct. On what basis does Jiminez think we can race throughout the division? What will it cost? Where will the money come from? Does he believe it because he believes he has a brilliant manager, or will he pile unreasonable pressure on SCP?

If that is his thinking then surely the impending Football Fair Play regulations would have excellerated any need for heavy investment before we then need to justify our expenditure? Could be he's motivation.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I wasn't accusing anyone of making anything up, just sounding a note of caution that people's information might not be 100% accurate, especially as much of the inside information has been contradictory.

One minute we're broke, not paying bills, fighting off administration, with KC pulling out (despite never officially being in).
    Solly has been 'sold' for weeks
    Now, TJ is apparently being TOO ambitious?