Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    spoke to a cousin of the nephew of a very well connected manchild at the club this morning his girllike voice said this over the phone ....were doomed mate certain people are just sitting in their offices sniffing bugle and waffling
  • Options
    Here's my take:

1. A player budget this season was agreed and targets were identified in very early course.
    2. The budget wheel fell off - hence the lack of signings and the general level of informed sources suggesting that for a time we were potless
    3. One of the investors (Mysteron 1 aka Cash) has pulled out of future investment and has sold a chunk of shares to TJ/Mysteron(s) 2.
    4. TJ/Mysteron(s) 2 seek new investors club going forward. In the meantime they have upped their investment in the short term.
  • Options
    5. There are two investment scenarios involving the current board a) Fast track. b) Steady track. My guess is that Mysteron 1 pulled out because TJ/Mysteron(s) 2 are seeking to take the club on the fast track route which was a different risk calculus to the agreed approach.
    6. That PV has left to look for new (probably) steady track investors/owners.
    7. That the board see SCP as the steady track manager but that TJ/Mysteron(s) 2 may be looking at someone more stellar like Zola if they decide to go down the fast track route.
    8. If TJ/Mysteron(s) 2 cannot secure additional investment for fast track trajectory, they will maintain things on the steadier path with the proviso that they will seek an exit if the right offer comes along.

Just my speculation based on what we know and what we think we know.
  • Options
    all this mysteron malarkey has me thinking star trek
  • Options
    nolly said:

all this mysteron malarkey has me thinking star trek

LOL. Not Captain Kirk, Captain Scarlett.

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Where has the SCP/New manager link come from? Someone ITK or just a suggestion that has been blown out of proportion, can't see where it started...
  • Options
    Can't even understand why Zola would be considered a better option. What has he done? I bet prem teams would look at Powell a lot closer than they would Zola if they were looking for a manager.
  • Options
    Nolly ask your Pal If there are any vacancies I can do that job better than anyone
  • Options

Where has the SCP/New manager link come from? Someone ITK or just a suggestion that has been blown out of proportion, can't see where it started...

I think theres just a few completely barmy people that post here which has thrown off a couple of the sane posters, meaning absolutely every one is getting confused. Bring on the season I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cannot see were the worry about them sacking Powell is from, if they kept faith with him after a mostly terrible first 6 months in charge(now shown to be the players fault, not his), then cant see why they will not be backing him for this season unless we find ourselves in the relegation area come 2013.
  • Options
    I still wouldn't get rid of him if we got relegated. Imagine if we sacked Curbs after getting relegated in our first year in the prem?
  • Options
    Neither would I but you can see why the owners might decide that if it happened, luckily it wont as we have a mid table squad easily plus one of the best managers in the league.
  • Options
    Anyone else read this as "Kavanagh re-signed" this morning?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Anyone else read this as "Kavanagh re-signed" this morning?

no
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

Stephen Kavanagh has left his role as #cafc chief executive, chairman Michael Slater has announced (MW) http://ow.ly/cN0T9

wow never saw this coming....
  • Options
    How can this be... I thought he was staying on just not as an executive director... hmmm....
  • Options
    hmm....This Kevin Cash geezer has really messed it up big time for us..
  • Options
    no !!! Unbelievable. Would never have predicted that.

PS - good luck Steve in whatever you do next. Whenever I met him he was a decent bloke.
  • Options
    so it begins again...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if the lack of anyone actually running the club accounts for the low transfer activity?

:)
  • Options
    definately something rotten in the State of Denmark.
  • Options
    Chairman Michael Slater said: "After we announced on July 26th that Steve had tendered his resignation as a member of the board of directors but that his employment as chief executive would continue, I received formal notice from him which terminated his employment.

"Change is inevitable in the management of any business and football is no different.

"Tony Jimenez, Richard Murray and I are looking forward to working with incoming executive vice-chairman Martin Prothero, and have complete confidence that the executive and senior management team that he puts together will continue to build on the great progress we have made both on and off the pitch over the past year and half."

I didn't read a "thank you for your services" in there anywhere did anyone else?
  • Options
    If you're in situ how does the hierarchy work day to day? Assuming Michael Slater/Tony Jimenez are not actually there, and Mr Protheroe is supposedly only there one day a week, where does the buck stop on the actual premises? Do you save up all the cheques to be signed, and decisions to be made and finalised for one day per week? What happens if there is some kind of situation requiring an immediate decision? Is it all done by telephone? If the grande fromage isn't around how do they monitor the work of the staff?
  • Options
    I like the way they tried to bury it with the under 18s victory, cycnical..

;)
  • Options
    razil said:

I wonder if the lack of anyone actually running the club accounts for the low transfer activity?

:)

Well there certainly aren't copious amounts of directors around to sign off on things!

• Options
    uhmm, resigned? More like made his position untenable so forcing him to go. Although I don't believe that either as we already know he was on gardening leave. Plus it really is unacceptable not to thank him for his services over the last, what 7 years?, during which he was operating during a period of a right financial mess. Slater/Jiminez are losing a great deal of the respect I initially had for them.
  • Options
    can someone change the thread title as some may see it as an old thread and not view it.
  • Options
    'I received formal notice from him which terminated his employment.'

Hmmmmnnnn.
  • Options
    Can imagine a Tom and Jerry like cartoon when TJ and MS' cronies boot SK up the arris so he flies out of The Valley landing just by the Sam Bartram statue.