Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options

my theory is that RM has too much money involved for him to be able to say you've rumped me over cos you said you'd do this or that when we struck the deal and you've ratted
    he has to play along with it all or he more than likely does his dough

i'm prolly (sorry Len) well off the mark but just my take on things

and there is no way CP can be happy with the non backing he has received this summer but he is a classy enough fella to play along with things respectfully

:-)
  • Options
    Looks to me that the after 18 months the new owners are happy with theprogression on the field, but not so happy with the progression of the off field activities.

They had no qualms getting rid of Parky and are being consistent in getting rid of other employees who they feel are not up to the task. I don't see anything strange in that as it happens time and time again in any business - new brooms and all that.

They have no loyalty to show to SK and PV - they're business men - and they will do their business in the way they see is best for that business.

Let's just hope SCP gets off to a flying start.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Looks to me that the after 18 months the new owners are happy with theprogression on the field, but not so happy with the progression of the off field activities.

They had no qualms getting rid of Parky and are being consistent in getting rid of other employees who they feel are not up to the task. I don't see anything strange in that as it happens time and time again in any business - new brooms and all that.

They have no loyalty to show to SK and PV - they're business men - and they will do their business in the way they see is best for that business.

This. (and I hate people that say that, but i can't think of anything else to say!)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Addickted said:

You seem to be assuming that the new owners took the decision to get rid of PV & SK. I think you'll find that both of them left against the new owners wishes as they didn't want to be part of what was going on. That is an entirely different scenario to the one you paint. The loss of two experienced & respected directors plus Kevin Cash walking away with all his money is NOT what was best for the business!
  • Options
    OoohAah has it right, especially the last paragraph.
  • Options

Addickted said:

This. (and I hate people that say that, but i can't think of anything else to say!)
    This. Is a pile of crap, and a disgraceful comment on Peter Varney in particular. And those who know Steve Kavanagh's work will doubtless speak up on his behalf too.

"Not up to the task?" Can you, Addickted, demonstrate to us that you have any inside knowledge whatsoever of the club and it's business operation? If, as I suspect you have about as much knowledge as my dog does, then you owe an apology to a man who has been absolutely pivotal in Charlton's rise from the ashes in the 90's, and worked his effing balls off every day he has been involved.

Disgraceful, and I cannot let it stand.

• Options

Addickted said:

You seem to be assuming that the new owners took the decision to get rid of PV & SK. I think you'll find that both of them left against the new owners wishes as they didn't want to be part of what was going on. That is an entirely different scenario to the one you paint. The loss of two experienced & respected directors plus Kevin Cash walking away with all his money is NOT what was best for the business!
    How do you know this?

What is 'going on'?

Nothing but speculation.

Was Prothero announced before these departures happened?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

How do you know this?

What is 'going on'?

Nothing but speculation.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. I don't "know" anything, but reading everything posted on here by very knowledgeable & well connected posters over the last few weeks isn't it all pretty obvious? Are you accusing all of them of just making it all up? What you want to believe is up to you. But please don't insult the intelligence of the rest of us.
  • Options
    Anyone heard from Airman?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Anyone heard from Airman?

Last seen bound and gagged in the broom cupboard.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had his pc taken away for review can't post
  • Options
    Will be interested to know whether Prothero will continue to live in Cheshire, or will be living down here.

• Options

'Review' lol!
  • Options

Addickted said:

Do we know for sure that Cash has pulled his money out?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Do we know for sure that Cash has pulled his money out?
    Do we know for sure that Cash had ever put any money in?

• Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

How do you know this?

What is 'going on'?

Nothing but speculation.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. I don't "know" anything, but reading everything posted on here by very knowledgeable & well connected posters over the last few weeks isn't it all pretty obvious? Are you accusing all of them of just making it all up? What you want to believe is up to you. But please don't insult the intelligence of the rest of us.
    No - you questioned my synopsis by saying "I think you'll find both of them left against the owners wishes"

I repeat - how do you know this? I can't remember reading this anywhere on this forum.

You also added " they didn't want to be a part of what's going on"

I repeat - what is going on? No one knows, it's all speculation.

I also know plenty of experienced and respected Directors, who to be fair, aren't that good at their jobs. I'm not knocking either PV or SK, but the current regime may believe they can get better.

Just because you find it difficult to accept another view of what may have happened, don't knock it or others who are happy to wait and see until you actually do know what's happening.
  • Options
    Woo hoo, just found a colleague is a good mate of one of the Board members....does this mean I can now join the ITK club? I would tap him for info but sadly the Board member he is mates with is one of the Secret ones so I don't think there is a lot of point.
  • Options
    WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

The only certain thing in life mate.

That and the fact that supporting Charlton is never dull.
  • Options

DeeBee said:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

The only certain thing in life mate.
    That and taxation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that some will continue burying their heads in the soft yellow stuff....
  • Options

cowardy custard?

• Options

Never bury your head in yellow snow.
  • Options
    Never eat a brown Mr Whippy
  • Options
    As a mere fan, I can only express my thanks to PV and SK for all their efforts over the years for our club and hope we are not blindly being dragged through a catalogue of poor decisions by our current owners following some positive early ones. You are only as good as your as your last decision/action in business is my ethos.

Will never find out, but would love to know what caused one of our major investors to withdraw his financing so hastily? What sort of tension or scenrio produces such a stark reaction in business? That said, if it is those who are left who have been left high and dry through unexpected and unfair behaviour, then they have my full sympathy and support. In here lies the problem, despite believing many of the facts presented by many credible posters/individuals on here, I simply haven't read/heard enough to understand whether who is left warrants support or not? Frustrating!

Roll on Saturday week....
  • Options
    WSS said:

Never eat a brown Mr Whippy

Or, from experience, a walnut whip from a stall outside a hospital.....

• Options
    What Suzi and Addicted are saying would make sense if SK hadn't resigned, supposedly in stages.

If TJ and MS didn't want to keep SK then fine. Give him notice, pay him off and appoint a replacement but that's not what appears to have happened.

MS says SK has resigned from the board but is still CEO. Then two weeks later he has gone. No word of thanks as with PV, just gone. And now the new vice chair is to appoint a new management team from scratch despite not yet having taken up his role either full or part time from what we can see of him on the OS.

Doesn't sound like planned replacement of managers, more like crisis management because you've lost your main source of funding and the other directors aren't happy with how you are running things. Meanwhile you hope that new funding arrives to plug the gaps in the budget and you can carry on as if that was the plan all along.

Great plan if it works because if you land that rich investor and quickly sign a few players most fans will be happy regardless.
  • Options
    Sounds spot on to me, Henry.
  • Options

Sounds spot on to me, Henry.

This

: - )

• Options

I can confirm . . . I have numerous computers! Sorry.