Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    Poor bloke has barely got his foot in the door and it looks like a big judgement has been made on him already here...
  • Options
    Ricks been here years.
  • Options
    Someone send him a telegram pronto
    "Money not management required/Funds critical/Deposit or disappear/Will confirm names on return / Welcome to CAFC"
  • Options
    Martin@CurrentlyBehindMikelAlosnoForValleyAppearances.com
  • Options
    The club are learning - unlike when PV was removed from the records at Companies House, it broke on here, people panicked, and only at that point MS made a statement, the SK statement was yesterday and today the records have changed at Companies House.

a) didn't avoid a panick-stricken thread though

and

b) am probably reading too much into those timings

Anyway - just to confirm, SK has been removed as a director from all three Charlton related limited companies.

... and a DWise has been added? Odd :)
  • Options
    martinbringyourownteabagsoryou'reathievinggit@cafc.com
  • Options

The club are learning - unlike when PV was removed from the records at Companies House, it broke on here, people panicked, and only at that point MS made a statement, the SK statement was yesterday and today the records have changed at Companies House.

a) didn't avoid a panick-stricken thread though

and

b) am probably reading too much into those timings

Anyway - just to confirm, SK has been removed as a director from all three Charlton related limited companies.

... and a DWise has been added? Odd :)

The D Wise bit is a joke right?

• Options
    You lot are to funny.
  • Options
    and so has his wife Penny Wise
  • Options
    if your message is urgent relating to hospitality or kit sales, please contact Dave Archer. If it is football related Dave will still probably be able to deal with it but i'm sure it will wait til i get back so please leave a message after the tone - p.s if it's you Chris and its about S Baldock and Dave can't help, have look on Charlton Life, they'll be able to put you in the picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

Martin.Prothero@cafc.co.uk?

Just got an out of office message from this address saying "I am currently in Dubai on business please refer all urgent queries to d.wise@cafc.co.uk and I will respond to you on my return"
    If that were to happen it may solve any apathy re CASTrust ?
  • Options

and so has his wife Penny Wise

That really would give the clown-hating nigel's something to talk about.

• Options
    'martin prothero' is an anagram of 'Pro Train Mother' - he does all his best work on the east coast line or Sports direct line as it has become known. The clues are all there - it's a Da Vinci Code type situation and there is a syndicate of oil fueled nylon based sportswear practitioners that operate on that train and have a direct link with the far east. The plan is to build an entire stadium out of polyester and nylon whilst having a direct train link fuelled purely by elasticity. Simple.
  • Options
    Running a club from abroad worked for Paul Scally?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

'martin prothero' is an anagram of 'Pro Train Mother' .

it is also an anagram of "PR rat in the room".....it all makes sense now. He's been brought in to find out who has been leaking all the board room info.
  • Options
    Yes sorry the Dennis Wise bit was a (bad) joke....
  • Options

Yes sorry the Dennis Wise bit was a (bad) joke....

Phew.

• Options

'martin prothero' is an anagram of 'Pro Train Mother' .

it is also an anagram of "PR rat in the room".....it all makes sense now. He's been brought in to find out who has been leaking all the board room info.
    which was Steve Kavanagh, but when he caught wind of this he resigned so as to save his reputation. It all makes sense now!
  • Options
    Hsaving caught up on this thread I've decided that I'm only going to get worried once Rick hands his notice in.
  • Options

Hsaving caught up on this thread I've decided that I'm only going to get worried once Rick hands his notice in.

think i agree

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He can't hand his notice in, they've tied him up in the stationery cupboard and they're posting under his username having tortured his CharltonLife password out of him using a stapler and a laminating machine.
  • Options
    heard it was the single hole punch and bubble wrap treatment - who knows what to believe
  • Options

He can't hand his notice in, they've tied him up in the stationery cupboard and they're posting under his username having tortured his CharltonLife password out of him using a stapler and a laminating machine.

didn't do that, remember he's got his login details saved on his work PC and they've confiscated it for a "review"
  • Options

'martin prothero' is an anagram of 'Pro Train Mother' - he does all his best work on the east coast line or Sports direct line as it has become known. The clues are all there - it's a Da Vinci Code type situation and there is a syndicate of oil fueled nylon based sportswear practitioners that operate on that train and have a direct link with the far east. The plan is to build an entire stadium out of polyester and nylon whilst having a direct train link fuelled purely by elasticity. Simple.

So confirmed then.....we have gone from being 'ecstatic' to 'static', in the closed season
  • Options

do you receive any instructions from Martin Prothero this way Airman

Airman are you now involved, in transfer dealings?

Thankfully not, but with the wonders of modern technology I believe board members can be involved from abroad.

For avoidance of doubt I've had no communication from him, but have an email address to contact him if required. I won't be sharing it here, I'm afraid!
    The one I have for him is martin.prothero@hotmail.co.uk
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not to be playing Sherlock; but am I the only one who finds the non-umbro history of Martin Prethero interesting?

Company Director Check - 2 Property Development companies and an Advertising one. (Amongst many others in the past)

The advertising one is perhaps rather easy to understand given Prothero's background - although it's worth noting that this specific company appears to focus on Asia. However, the property development ones caught my eye. Is/wasn't there another link to Property Development on the board? I thought so...
  • Options
    I could not help noticing this article before we bought all these players last season

Slater has warned Powell that he expects immediate results when the club are promoted.

He said: "The team Chris creates should be able to not only win promotion but compete in the Championship.

"There is a gulf between the Premier League and Championship but only a small gap between the Championship and League One."

Does that not prove a point why we have not signed many players this time round?
  • Options
    No
  • Options

No

Why's that then?

We signed 17 players last summer, most had experience of playing in the Championship or had interest from Championship clubs but decided to come to us. As I see it, when the new board came in they had to urgently fix the football side to stop the downward spiral of the last six years. They did that. They did that so well that that they made downwards becoming shooting upwards. At the end of the season the time came to turn their attentions to the staffing management side. This is the best way round they could have done it. Maybe their clean out of the boardroom / management offices will go as well as their clean up of the football side?

I have to be blunt but I think this fourm is mad to set up it's own supporters football trust when we have no evidence to back up the rumours that has been circulating around the club the past two months. From what I am hearing from certain fourm members who claim to be in the know are acting positive than before so what is the supporters trust posistion now? If all this turns out to be true.

There is no evidence of money being taken out of the club - quite the opposite in fact and the only thing that could be considered is that there was a board re-structure and a couple of board members left, but they weren't the ones with the money.

I appreciate all the hard work Peter Varney and Steve has done for this club but I am not joining others who are running screaming for the hills, but I love Charlton Athletic Football Club, not Charlton Athleitc Management Team.
  • Options
    This forum isn't starting up a supporters trust. It is being advertised on here and numerous other places.

'running screaming for the hills' - why is there always major exageration involved ?

Sorry Disco, not digging you out personally pal.

Just get a bit frustrated that I cannot for the life of me understand why a few people having a few concerns about how our club is being run and where it might be leading to, get subjected to either ridicule and abuse, when all they are really interested in is the well being of the club.