Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    so Bing the only question remains what are you doing at 7pm tonight?
  • Options
    He'll be still living in norwich and unable to get the meeting I should suspect Razil.
  • Options
    razil said:

LenGlover said:

The way I see it some might be exaggerating the dangers others might be living in cloud cuckoo land. The truth is we don't know.

For that reason I look on a Supporters' Trust rather like I do my car insurance.

Something that is important to have but hopefully won't need to be used!

so you'll be paying a large amount to it annually?

;)
    Don't know about a large amount Raz but I will certainly contribute financially and perhaps in other ways if possible, subject to family and work commitments, if it happens.
  • Options
    razil said:

so Bing the only question remains what are you doing at 7pm tonight?

Raz, I would love to be there. Its a bit of a challenge to get there from Norwich. If future meetings could be arranged in the Chelmsford area, it would certainly begin to make it a possibility ....:-)

Until then I shall just have to support from my armchair along with my wallet when the time comes.......

• Options

He'll be still living in norwich and unable to get the meeting I should suspect Razil.

Doh! You would not believe how many people i speak to about the Trust :D

After tonights membership discussion we should be able to move forward on subscribing/supporting the Trust.

I hope people understand we aren't drip feeding often unimportant info for the sake of it, however we do listen and take every contribution on board where possible, be it online or in person as much we reasonably can. As I said before once we launch hopefully this can open things up a bit, then we will move to an AGM later in the year.

• Options
    The way I see it some might be exaggerating the dangers others might be living in cloud cuckoo land. The truth is we don't know.

For that reason I look on a Supporters' Trust rather like I do my car insurance.

If the brown stuff really hits the fan, unlike an insurance policy, I'm not sure what good a Trust would do though, Rangers for example have a Supporters Trust, but they are largely impotent at the moment.

• Options

If the brown stuff really hits the fan, unlike an insurance policy, I'm not sure what good a Trust would do though, Rangers for example have a Supporters Trust, but they are largely impotent at the moment.

Whereas for Portsmouth my understanding is that the trust is the only game in town.

• Options

See Swansea example..

• Options
    People should not knock the Trust. It really will not cause harm other than maybe (I said maybe) encouraging anti current Owner feelings although I do not believe a Business would sway Its plan on a minority fan base outlook. On the other hand, it may really do some good so long as it is inclusive and forgiving to all if and when it may be needed in the future.
  • Options

That is one of the points Killer and Flash, As fans we do not know, because the board has not been open in the regard that we do not even really know who actually owns the club, behind rather vague and unclear statements it has made in regard to the recent changes.
    Personally I see the trust as a democratically elected ( or to be elected) group trying to have a vision that helps secure football at the valley, and preserve the community and partnership that this club has forged over a number of years, that created something special both in community ties, and support.
    In the past clubs may well have been run by rich fans, ( as the previous board were always keen to inform us) and today the reality may well be that they are business people first and there business is football. If that is the position perhaps they should listen to there customers ( fans) and look to work together in partnership to secure the club on a firmer foundation and clear principles. I am not sure that the caprice whims of directors are the only views that should be acted upon, especially as it may not be there money/investment that they manage......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People should not knock the Trust. It really will not cause harm other than maybe (I said maybe) encouraging anti current Owner feelings although I do not believe a Business would sway Its plan on a minority fan base outlook. On the other hand, it may really do some good so long as it is inclusive and forgiving to all if and when it may be needed in the future.

Anyone who has the club's interest at heart should back the Trust. I'm putting my money in, once they're ready for it.

• Options
    razil said:

See Swansea example..

While the consortium and supporters' trust who own the club have done a fine job, the fact that the council built a stadium for them (and the Ospreys) probably was a more significant factor in their rise.

• Options
    Update from ******'s mouth. Board at loggerheads. **** is sitting on his hands and ******** is about to sue club. Not great. ****** is distracted and unsure after club gave him war chest a while back and that's why so few signings.
  • Options
    Yep that helps, thanks.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Update from Varney's mouth. Board at loggerheads. Tony is sitting on his hands and Kavanagh is about to sue club. Not great. Powell is distracted and unsure after club gave him war chest a while back and that's why so few signings.

My guesses. ;-)

• Options
    all sounds good then
  • Options
    Lovely!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Update from ******'s mouth. Board at loggerheads. **** is sitting on his hands and ******** is about to sue club. Not great. ****** is distracted and unsure after club gave him war chest a while back and that's why so few signings.

Sorry, but I'm not too clear about your final sentence sc?
    Are you saying that the war chest he was given has now been withdrawn or that it's still available but that Powell is unsure whether to spend it or not?
    I assume it's the former but from your post I'm not quite sure what you mean?

• Options

supaclive said:

Sorry, but I'm not too clear about your final sentence sc?
    Are you saying that the war chest he was given has now been withdrawn or that it's still available but that Powell is unsure whether to spend it or not?
    I assume it's the former but from your post I'm not quite sure what you mean?

I read it as the 'war chest' is basically what Powell had last Summer.
  • Options
    With all respect tom..........that makes it even more unclear!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The warchest was seen many many years ago in London but unfortunately due to the Mysterons working abroad we lost touch with it.

Some time later SCP unearthed an old agenda and realised he had Martin Prothero's Mum's phone number, so he rang and the person he spoke to said that Prothero had intended to buy a striker from East London. Chris took advantage of a trip to his Stratford tailors and visited all the cockernee football clubs in search of a Baldcock but with no warchest no-one would talk to him.

He'd be thrilled to buy or even just loan him, but the data he has of the war chest is very meagre: he's distracted, unsure and only has that old phone number from the British Virgin Islands.

Any suggestions, or is it hopeless?
  • Options
    Bravo Leaburn.
  • Options
    seem to remember him saying more was available if required?
  • Options
    WSS said:

supaclive said:

Update from Varney's mouth. Board at loggerheads. Tony is sitting on his hands and Kavanagh is about to sue club. Not great. Powell is distracted and unsure after club gave him war chest a while back and that's why so few signings.

My guesses. ;-)

I'd replace "Tony" with "Cash".
  • Options
    Off_it said:

WSS said:

supaclive said:

My guesses. ;-)

I'd replace "Tony" with "Cash".
    I'd replace Kavanagh with Cash. Just my view
  • Options
    Qu

As an outsider who has not really got involved in the discussion about are boardroom antics, reading some of the forum does give the impression that many on here are ready to string TJ up from the covered end as he is destroying are club, apparently.

Im not saying he is a great guy, i have never and most likely never will meet him but if those in the know really do know the ins and outs of the club right now, im sure others like me who are very much not in the know would love to here the details rather then comments like im worried or mixed messages as right now it comes across like public panic and hysteria.

If im wrong and there are details of why i should be more worried, then please say the guys in the know even if it has to be via a private message.

P.S. Not an attempt to insult any members on here just a genuine interest in more Facts then whispers.

I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. Fortunately i have now caught up with what i think the 'doomers' were / are saying. I'm still no more certain however as to whether things are really bad, really good or somewhere in between. I think it depends on your take as to the recent events as some are not totally clear. The half empty theory is that Cash will not be putting any more money in having a) found out that he was the only one putting any money in and b) being asked for another £10mill on top of the £6 mill he has already put in. SK has resigned effectively as what was going on was against his professional ethics. The cashflow problems back all this up and suggest that withouty KC's cash, there is none.

The alternative view is that TJ simply wants to accelerate things, upping the anty and invest more, more quickly in order to reach the promised land, the cashflow was a blip and the fact it leaked out and lead to unnecessary concern from fans, has seen heads roll? The fact we haven't lost any of our players, have brought some in and the only two (SK and PV) that have actually left are 2 with no real personal wealth anyway, hence making room for more 'big players' or an existing big player in the shadows to date, to emerge.

As i say, only time will tell

• Options
    If some of what has been said is correct, what I really don't understand is why Richard Murray is still on the board. Okay, I know he has a financial interest but would he really be sitting there risking having action taken against him under the Company Directors Disqualification Act which could lead to him losing all his other directorships? In a way the same goes for Slater - as a solicitor - would he be risking getting struck off?
  • Options
    which boards is he on out of interest, for definite?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

If some of what has been said is correct, what I really don't understand is why Richard Murray is still on the board.

Unless somebody on the board is willing to underwrite the existing overdraft (which I believe is in his name) then I can't see how he could leave.
  • Options

my theory is that RM has too much money involved for him to be able to say you've rumped me over cos you said you'd do this or that when we struck the deal and you've ratted
    he has to play along with it all or he more than likely does his dough

i'm prolly (sorry Len) well off the mark but just my take on things

and there is no way CP can be happy with the non backing he has received this summer but he is a classy enough fella to play along with things respectfully