Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options

my theory is that RM has too much money involved for him to be able to say you've rumped me over cos you said you'd do this or that when we struck the deal and you've ratted
    he has to play along with it all or he more than likely does his dough

i'm prolly (sorry Len) well off the mark but just my take on things

and there is no way CP can be happy with the non backing he has received this summer but he is a classy enough fella to play along with things respectfully

Everyone has a tipping point though!

• Options
    WSS said:

cafcfan said:

If some of what has been said is correct, what I really don't understand is why Richard Murray is still on the board.

Unless somebody on the board is willing to underwrite the existing overdraft (which I believe is in his name) then I can't see how he could leave.
    Yes, that makes sense. (Without the whole house of cards coming tumbling down of course.)
  • Options

Qu

As an outsider who has not really got involved in the discussion about are boardroom antics, reading some of the forum does give the impression that many on here are ready to string TJ up from the covered end as he is destroying are club, apparently.

Im not saying he is a great guy, i have never and most likely never will meet him but if those in the know really do know the ins and outs of the club right now, im sure others like me who are very much not in the know would love to here the details rather then comments like im worried or mixed messages as right now it comes across like public panic and hysteria.

If im wrong and there are details of why i should be more worried, then please say the guys in the know even if it has to be via a private message.

P.S. Not an attempt to insult any members on here just a genuine interest in more Facts then whispers.

I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. Fortunately i have now caught up with what i think the 'doomers' were / are saying. I'm still no more certain however as to whether things are really bad, really good or somewhere in between. I think it depends on your take as to the recent events as some are not totally clear. The half empty theory is that Cash will not be putting any more money in having a) found out that he was the only one putting any money in and b) being asked for another £10mill on top of the £6 mill he has already put in. SK has resigned effectively as what was going on was against his professional ethics. The cashflow problems back all this up and suggest that withouty KC's cash, there is none.

The alternative view is that TJ simply wants to accelerate things, upping the anty and invest more, more quickly in order to reach the promised land, the cashflow was a blip and the fact it leaked out and lead to unnecessary concern from fans, has seen heads roll? The fact we haven't lost any of our players, have brought some in and the only two (SK and PV) that have actually left are 2 with no real personal wealth anyway, hence making room for more 'big players' or an existing big player in the shadows to date, to emerge.

As i say, only time will tell

Have heard similar story as to the alternative view as stated above by Bexley Dan.
    What i find strange is that 18months down the line from the takeover no fan still has a clue to who the money man or men are behind Charlton.
  • Options
    We have loads of clues, but no certainties.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How do we know that CP has received no backing? How many players have we actually gone for and not got or how many did CP want and not get funding for. No guesses, no 'well we still haven't got West Ham players' etc actual facts only please?
  • Options

How do we know that CP has received no backing? How many players have we actually gone for and not got or how many did CP want and not get funding for. No guesses, no 'well we still haven't got West Ham players' etc actual facts only please?

CP is on record as having said that a couple of deals fell through, so presumably we have gone for players that we haven't got. Deals can fall through for any number of reasons, though.
  • Options
    Until they got Rodwell this week, Mancini was getting frustrated that Man City hadn't been able to buy anyone this summer, so it can happen to the richest of clubs...
  • Options
    To be fair there are rarely facts about transfers that don't happen, so demanding facts in this situation is pointless. At the same time I totally get that its enormously frustrating trying to see the wheat from the chaff in the secretive situation we are in and rumors flying everwhere. To me the lack of comment (other than very minimial closely worded stuff) from the club says it all
  • Options
    What's been bugging me is that people moan we have no money, people moan that we aren't buying, and people moan that we have bad owners. The way I see it is that we have no money so the owners are doing the right thing by not buying. I'd much rather that than spend millions that we don't have.
  • Options

Until they got Rodwell this week, Mancini was getting frustrated that Man City hadn't been able to buy anyone this summer, so it can happen to the richest of clubs...

This is it. It's been a very quite transfer market all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only in a rumour and innuendo obsessed culture could a lack of comment say it all.
  • Options
    well if you go around hiding stuff and being all cloak and dagger what do you expect?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    There is no smoke without fire ............. unless of course its fireless smoke
  • Options
    What about smoke machines?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Plaaayer said:

What about smoke machines?

Isn't that classed as fireless smoke?

• Options
    Surely that's fireless smoke?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I got carried away and was editing it while you corrected me ... whoops
  • Options
    razil said:

well if you go around hiding stuff and being all cloak and dagger what do you expect?

Quite right razil....very well put.

• Options
    razil said:

Jack the Ripper?

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2012
    razil said:

Sorry but there is a difference between being 'cloak and dagger' and simply not 'airing your dirty laundry in public'. Those that have the power have the knowledge. In a way this can be compared to the Supporters Trust. There is very little information shared about what is happening with the supporters trust and those that enquire are simply told to 'attend the meeting'. This is impractical for some - should those who can't make the meetings deduce that the Trust is being 'cloak and dagger'?

I suspect as one on the very inside of the Trust you will not agree with this but sometimes it is worth noting that some people don't always suspect the worst when information is limited and realise the need for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRF said:

razil said:

Sorry but there is a difference between being 'cloak and dagger' and simply not 'airing your dirty laundry in public'. Those that have the power have the knowledge. In a way this can be compared to the Supporters Trust. There is very little information shared about what is happening with the supporters trust and those that enquire are simply told to 'attend the meeting'. This is impractical for some - should those who can't make the meetings deduce that the Trust is being 'cloak and dagger'?

I suspect as one on the very inside of the Trust you will not agree with this but sometimes it is worth noting that some people don't always suspect the worst when information is limited and realise the need for this.
    Spot on.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What dirty laundry....is there any....who knows?
    No ones asking them to do that are they....I'm sure the previous board had 'plenty of dirty washing' (as you put it), which they kept close to their chests from time to time....that would hardly be surprising would it.
    No....we're not talking about dirty laundry here simply a more open accountability...the 'cloak and dagger' comparison is a fair enough comment, leastways as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    DRF said:

razil said:

Agree
  • Options

What's been bugging me is that people moan we have no money, people moan that we aren't buying, and people moan that we have bad owners. The way I see it is that we have no money so the owners are doing the right thing by not buying. I'd much rather that than spend millions that we don't have.

Spot on especially the last sentence.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think there is a huge difference with the Trust

We aren't obesessively printing off reams of minutes about the wallpaper colour just to satisfy curiosity, mainly because there is very little to actually say, and what there is has been divulged.

We have public meetings open to all which are publicised

We have pretty much non stop public access to Trust members

We are in a process and not actually formed yet

We cannot publish policies until they are actually formulated

We have nothing to hide

Washing dirty laundry in public argument, is not the same as hiding ownership.

In all seriousness though I do take your point, and we will be publishing more very soon, watch this space. We wanted to avoid raising expectations before we even knew what was actually possible, perhaps it was a mistake, but I hope we can justify it and earn the Trust of as many of the fansbase as we can despite that.
  • Options
    DRF said:

razil said:

Agree in part. Not expecting any company to air its dirty laundry in public but when that company has been set up right from the word go to make is as difficult as possible for anyone to find its out accountability and funding trail including real ownership then I for one would suggest "cloak and dagger" description fits the bill perfectly.

• Options
    Does anyone know how many 'valley Away 'coaches are going to brum ? Apparently one of the bills not paid is for the valley coaches
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Does anyone know how many 'valley Away 'coaches are going to brum ? Apparently one of the bills not paid is for the valley coaches

How do you know that sammy ?
  • Options
    Any sign of Prothero yet?
    See he's not listed on the directors list.

Cold feet?
  • Options
    probably needs to sign something in person...

;)