Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Airman said it.

Fair enough. Then we can expect the appointment of a new "day to day" management team appointed pretty soon. MP won't be involved day to day so will be purely strategic as I read it.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Airman said it.

Which beggars the question that if PV found himself doing six days a week + how the hell can he be expected to even scratch the surface doing one day.
    Just doesn't seem plausible does it folks?

• Options
    Especially without a computer
  • Options
    Especially without a computer
    LOL

• Options
    both PV and SK left of their own accord but it's the why they left that concerns me.
  • Options
    Maybe Airman can lend him one?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The club has an experienced senior management team - Dave Archer, Mick Everett, Paul Ellison, Matt Wright and myself - who run it on a day-to-day basis (previously overseen by Steve Kavanagh, with Peter Varney working alongside him). I haven't met Martin Prothero, who I understand is on holiday until the middle of next week, but no doubt there will be further changes in the near future. In the meantime, the SMT is running the club.
  • Options

Maybe Airman can lend him one?

At least you said lend and not give ;0)

• Options
    if you were a top executive would you ever really take a holiday without 'working'?
  • Options
    How many of those will be here by Friday though :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Plaaayer said:

How many of those will be here by Friday though :-)

Oooooh Plaaayer.........that's a bit controversial mate!

• Options
    The A Team
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Airman are you now involved in transfer dealings?
  • Options

Thankfully not, but with the wonders of modern technology I believe board members can be involved from abroad.

• Options
    Airman, now you're in charge, can you get the potholes fixed quickly while nobody is looking?
  • Options

Thankfully not, but with the wonders of modern technology I believe board members can be involved from abroad.

Ah ha.............are we supposed to read something into that?

Only joking Airman.

• Options

The club has an experienced senior management team - Dave Archer, Mick Everett, Paul Ellison, Matt Wright and myself - who run it on a day-to-day basis (previously overseen by Steve Kavanagh, with Peter Varney working alongside him). I haven't met Martin Prothero, who I understand is on holiday until the middle of next week, but no doubt there will be further changes in the near future. In the meantime, the SMT is running the club.

Interesting that Prothero has not as yet even met the effective management team, or at least a key member, I would imagine that it would take a number of weeks to get to know your team, even if you were experienced in the football world, which I get the impression that Prothero has experience in marketing, I also notice that he has his own company, and describes himself as a Sports Marketing Executive at Martin Prothero Ltd. Nothing wrong in that, but I would have thought even a talented individual would need time to get to know any industry, even if you worked in an associate one. Perhaps they want to clear the decks. That would not be my style, but then I am not the one doing this role.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    do you receive any instructions from Martin Prothero this way Airman

• Options
    i've heard Prothero has bad breath and farts a lot
  • Options

do you receive any instructions from Martin Prothero this way Airman

Airman are you now involved, in transfer dealings?

For avoidance of doubt I've had no communication from him, but have an email address to contact him if required. I won't be sharing it here, I'm afraid!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard he's got a Geordie accent and smiles allot.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I heard he's got a Geordie accent and smiles allot.

I heard he's got a Geordie accent and similes a lot - sends messages like ''My father grumbles like a bear in the mornings''.
  • Options
    Martin.Prothero@cafc.co.uk?
  • Options
    So, lets piece things together - maybe set up an incident desk type of scenario. We've heard he's a bit lazy, avoids face to face contact, knows nothing about football, farts a lot, has bad breath, has a Geordie accent, smiles a lot and is into sports equipment / marketing. Seems obvious to me what's happening here.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Nope.
  • Options
    Martin@FatTonysCrew.com?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Plaaayer said:

Martin@FatTonysCrew.com?

mjprotheroe.like-a-bear-with-a-sore-head.cafc.co.uk

• Options
    WSS said:

Just got an out of office message from this address saying "I am currently in Dubai on business please refer all urgent queries to d.wise@cafc.co.uk and I will respond to you on my return"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    mjprothero@livingsomewhereuptheM1manymilesfromthevalley.com
  • Options
    Refer all urgent messages to R Everitt who will deal with them once we let him have his PC back.