Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Athletics

The main event arrives in town today, and Queen Jess is up and running this morning at 10.29.

Actually feel nervous that I want her to win so badly.

Under 12.9 in the hurdles, and 1.90 in the high jump will be a good solid start.

Dai Greene and Christine Ohuruogu also in heats this morning.

Comments

• Options
    Jack Green in the hurdles with Dai is from Hythe so will be keeping track of him.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    He's really come on this year jt, and I expect him to make the final.
  • Options
    the stadium is looking top notch, id love to be there!

UP THE ATHLETICS TEAM GB!!!
  • Options
    Finally, the Olympics has properly begun! Nothing else comes close to the sight of the packed out Olympic Stadium tbh
  • Options
    Well that Polish girl has certainly got off to a flyer!
  • Options
    Yep, almost as fast as I was down that track back in March! Made sure I ran in every lane on the way around :-)

Stadium is looking absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    I think the weight of expectation on Jess will prove too much
  • Options

I think she'll rise to the occassion myself having missed out on the Olympics before but we need to understand that the others have been training just as hard and are not going to roll over and have their tummies tickled just because it's a home match.

• Options
    BOSCH!
  • Options
    she's amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Best at 12.54. Get in.
  • Options

You were saying ;-)

Long way to go though.
  • Options
    her best three events are today, while the other girl who could beat her has her best three tomorrow

good start tho!
  • Options

You were saying ;-)

Long way to go though.
    not watching at the moment as at work, very early days yet though and I really hope I'm proved wrong.

• Options
    That time won gold in Beijing in the individual event.
  • Options
    WOW. What a start that was.
  • Options

You were saying ;-)

Long way to go though.
    not watching at the moment as at work, very early days yet though and I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Yeah I know what you're saying and so much has to go right to win a multi event but think she's a bit special mentally and wil keep on top of that side of things as well. That result has got put doubts in he mind of the others as well. Go Jess!!!
  • Options
    That was quality.

Go on Jess you beaut
  • Options
    How sad for the Qatar girl first female from her country to compete in the games and it ends with a popped hammy at the start
  • Options
    Ennis would have been in a photo finish for Gold in Beijing for the 100m Hurdles with that run.

This track is quick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolt and Blake are going to fly
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    the other GB girl in the heptathlon is supposed to be the next big thing.
  • Options

the other GB girl in the heptathlon is supposed to be the next big thing.

Yes, she's already beaten Jess's junior personal bests so high hopes for her.

• Options
    Katerina Johnson-Thompson will be one to watch for sure, probably at Rio 2016
  • Options
    Katrina Johnson-Thompson's 'WOW!' reaction when the crowd cheered her was lovely. She held it together as well.
  • Options
    And she is well tidy we do produce a fit heptathlete

Denise Lewis
    Jess eniss
    Katrina johnson Thompson

Mmmmmmm now that's a 3 up
  • Options
    Amid the excitement, worth noting that former 08 silver medalist Hyleas Fountain also smashed her pb in that race.

The Russian Chernova didn't look good, running 13.48 compared to the 13.33 she ran on the World Champs she won.

High jump next, note Fountain has a pb of 1.90, Jess 1.95. Chernova did 1.83 at the Worlds, and a pb of 1.87.
  • Options
    STATTO STATTO!

;~)
  • Options
    Mate, I've got my print outs in front of me with Daegu results, Gotzis results, pb's etc.

Love athletics