Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Athletics

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Rich/Smudge. I've had worse nights out that's for sure! Mum loved her athletics so I did shed a few tears. I could hear her screaming Mo round that last lap alongside me.

Special night for me and a special night for our nation.
  • Options
    @wss what was the atmosphere like there ?

For a venue that would have a fair.share of corporates, and overseas supporters, it sounded utterly incredible.
  • Options
    Just uploaded a youtube video mate, not sure it captures the intensity but it was so loud in there. More than I've ever experienced at football (including '98).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKnoI0Duie0&feature=plcp
  • Options
    Ha ha. I was sitting in virtually the same spot as WSS, on the grass bank outside the stadium, watching the big screen, at around 1.30pm.
  • Options
    Well, Bolt's back then.
  • Options
    Very impressed with young Gemili, think he will be a big star, will certainly go under 10 seconds next year I should think. Bolt looked good, but so did Blake. Going to be fascinating, I'm going Blake, Bolt, Gatlin
  • Options
    Rediculous, it seems so effortless lol... Can't wait for the final tonight.
  • Options
    Bolt will piss it
  • Options
    The bird doing the triple jump for GB is Cuban. And has previously competed for Cuba and Somalia. Now GB.
    What's that all about?
  • Options
    was about to say the same thing bizarre wouldn't get any cheer from me if she wins a medal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mo Farah didn't sing the national anthem.

I await the criticism Murray would have got (or not)
  • Options
    He's Somalian Len.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

He's Somalian Len. It's not his anthem, like it is Murray's

• Options
    Hmm, what happened there?!
  • Options
    looks like you've even managed to argue with yourself Off_it! well done :-)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Mo Farah didn't sing the national anthem.

I await the criticism Murray would have got (or not)

Nine if the 3 athletics winners from last night did, they stood there looking emotional, proud and happy - no issue with that as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options

looks like you've even managed to argue with yourself Off_it! well done :-)

Ha ha - it wouldn't be the first time!
    ;o)

• Options
    Christine O gets silver in 400m !!!!!
  • Options
    If that had gone on another 10 metres she would've won that. Dunno why she leaves it so late, she was the same in the semi.
  • Options

Christine O gets silver in 400m !!!!!

If she'd just started that final sprint a moment earlier she could maybe even
    have grabbed the gold. Well done though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really thought she was too far behind but back in she comes! awesome! she looked gutted at the end though. hope they get an interview with her.

That bloke Rooney earlier that didn't make the final, felt dreadfully sorry for him. apologising to everyone and anyone.
  • Options
    she looked happier running with the flag then! she done good! silver is great!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Her record of 'turning up' at major championships, compared to most GB athletes, is incredible.

Great run Christine
  • Options
    Here we go....

Bolt in 9.61 I reckon
  • Options
    Ledgend.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

Just a shame Gay never pipped Gatlin for bronze
  • Options
    asafa powell walked the last bit and still did it in 11 seconds! shame Gay didn't duck. He's gutted. Well done Bolt and Blake.
  • Options
    First time I can remember seeing Bolt dip at the line.
  • Options
    What a win. Feel for Gay, gatlin comes across as a complete arsehole and looks like he's on something yet again
  • Options

Just a shame Gay never pipped Gatlin for bronze

I hate it when people do this but this.

Druggie t*** shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a running track