Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Athletics

Comments

• Options
    No one could've watched tonight and not thought the London 2012 games have been anything other than a success the traffic in London has not been as bad as it could have the infrastructure has worked amazingly well

Team GB is getting a huge lift by these home crowds who knows how inspired it will make other athletes still to come

• Options

No one could've watched tonight and not thought the London 2012 games have been anything other than a success the traffic in London has not been as bad as it could have the infrastructure has worked amazingly well

Team GB is getting a huge lift by these home crowds who knows how inspired it will make other athletes still to come

Yeah, but there still aren't any parking bays for Len next to the finishing line!
    ;o)
  • Options
    just enjoy it offy...
  • Options
    Am loving every minute nolly, why wouldn't I?!
  • Options
    leave Len alone and embrace it.
  • Options
    yes dad
  • Options
    Jess, Greg and Mo have Inspired a Generation
  • Options
    Somewhere now Len is toasting the nights success with a tennants super
  • Options
  • Options
    Fantastic - have you ever heard the National Anthem belted out like that at an athletics meet before?!

BRILLIANT!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    creatine
  • Options
    We're top of the athletics medal table!!! (For now).
  • Options
    JT said:

Look at Rupp, needs to be a petition to get him an honourary British passport
  • Options
    Proper JT!

That American chasing Mo after they'd just come through the finishing line was brilliant.
  • Options
    if you didnt well up after that then you are made of stone.

• Options
    Athletics generally bores me but you can't help get excited by everything and feeling proud. Seeing genuine people working so hard and achieving and then coming across as genuine decent people afterwards.
    Unlike football, Rugby and Cricket there isn't just an "our team won" feeling, you are also so chuffed for the individuals involved..............Loving it.
  • Options
    Wow. How awesome was that? What a brilliant day
  • Options
    @WSS is at the stadium, after the last few weeks he's had can't think of a more deserving person than him to be there. Well done mate, must be amazing.
  • Options
    Was it just me who shouted don't roll into the yanks flob Mo.
  • Options
    Lol, that's all I can see when he lays on the floor, noooooooo...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly said:

Somewhere now Len is toasting the nights success with a tennants super

A couple of bottles of spitfire actually nolly but yes I've enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Fantastic night, one very minor gripe, is anyone else getting fed up with these reporters doing 'to camera' pieces while the events are going on? No-one cares about you, just show the athlete's , rowers etc doing there thing. Anyway off to showjunping at Greenwich tomorrow, can't wait.
  • Options

I never noticed that, but out kid was in fits of laughter, "he's just rolled in his spit"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The mother in law was a PE teacher for 40 years, taught countless school kids including one or two Olympians - we got her a ticket for the athletics tonight - think she might just have enjoyed it!!
  • Options

No my Mrs said the same...
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

@WSS is at the stadium, after the last few weeks he's had can't think of a more deserving person than him to be there. Well done mate, must be amazing.

What a lovely post Rich, well said pal.
  • Options
    Dave, Who is the lady with dr evil? ;-)
  • Options

Dave, Who is the lady with dr evil? ;-)

Mrs Evil!
  • Options
    Gold medalists present and future