Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Athletics

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

First time I can remember seeing Bolt dip at the line.

Did he need to?
  • Options
    anyone understand what Blake just said? haha
  • Options
    I agree with every word Blake said there. just wish he said it a bit quicker....
  • Options
    If there was any justice the 3rd place on the podium would have contained Gay. Hopefully Gatlin won't turn up or he gets boo'd. Once you can sort of forgive. Twice? Nope. Should have been banned for good.
  • Options

Off_it said:

First time I can remember seeing Bolt dip at the line.

Did he need to?
    Not from our vantage point, no. But I think it tells you a lot about what he was thinking at the time. He was worried, which is no bad thing to help you eek out that extra couple of %.
  • Options

I agree with every word Blake said there. just wish he said it a bit quicker....

And Jackson's Welsh patois - what was that all about?!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And Jackson's Welsh patois - what was that all about?!
    I think he was hoping that Gay guy would win.
  • Options

If there was any justice the 3rd place on the podium would have contained Gay. Hopefully Gatlin won't turn up or he gets boo'd. Once you can sort of forgive. Twice? Nope. Should have been banned for good.

Knew he'd been caught, but didn't realise it was twice. That really is shocking.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think he technically he has been banned three times. But they cut the second ban short as it was apparently for ADHD drugs
  • Options
    Testosterone and amphetamines I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first ban was rescinded after he managed to convince the IAAF that the medication he was on was to treat a childhood disorder so it wasn't a real ban. He thin was banned for four years after testing positive for testosterone. A great excuse here - it was claimed that his masseur used a cream containing testosterone while massaging his buttocks.

Curiously the anti-doping authorities chose not to believe him and even more curiously quite afew othr athletes trained by the same coach also failed dope tests.

I'm all for giving people a second chance - but as far as I know he's demonstrated zero contrition or even admitted to doping.
  • Options
    That Bolt bloke.is pretty quick, eh?
  • Options
    The best ever 100 meters final

Bolt is going for under 19 seconds in the 200 meters

His height and leg length is immense in such a race

How fast can he go because he was slow out of the blocks that was not his best race technically

I reckon he can go much much quicker

Usain Bolt I dont think we will ever see anyone quicker than him
  • Options
    What idiot throws a bottle before that start as they are in the set position

He has been arrested and beaten up by a Dutch martial artist the second after the done it

But come on FFs why do that
  • Options
    Loved the smile on the young UK sprinters face when his name ws read out . You could see the genuine joy etc "wow thats for me ???"

The yank was giving it billy bigbollox when he won the semi nice when you have been banned TWICE for drugs glad Bolt smashed him

• Options
    Adam Gemili is a Blackheath and Bromley Harrier who also went to Dartford Grammer (as did Bradley WSS Wiggins ; - )

Still on the books of Dagenham and Redbridge as a footballer
  • Options
    What a start to the Athletics. Loved seeing young Gemili do so well and what a nice lad. The only thing world class about Gatlin is that he is the biggest dick in the world and a cheat. Bolt is a superhuman and I am mega made up for Christine O she looked absolutely delighted and could have won that race....never mind. Going on Wednesday and can't wait
  • Options
    I hope Gemili learns the mistakes from our last great prospect Mark Lewis Francis - he was expected to be new King of sprint when he came on the scene - but sadly never lived up to the hype.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Plaaayer said:

@WSS is at the stadium, after the last few weeks he's had can't think of a more deserving person than him to be there. Well done mate, must be amazing.

Well said, I fully agree.
  • Options
    Gemili had a serious finish. Seems a top lad too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Gemili is a Blackheath and Bromley Harrier who also went to Dartford Grammer (as did Bradley WSS Wiggins ; - )

Still on the books of Dagenham and Redbridge as a footballer
    ...and lives a few doors from me!
  • Options

Her record of 'turning up' at major championships, compared to most GB athletes, is incredible. suspicious
    Great run Christine

• Options
    Gemili looked amazed at the reaction he got from the crowd.
    Fantastic effort from the lad.
  • Options
    I bet he was good at delivering newspapers when he was a kid, the guys mustard!
  • Options
    Was he any good as a footballer, did he play for the Daggers or was it just Thurrock?....might be worth giving him a trial as he did say that he would see how it goes (as a sprinter), imagine having him flying down the wing against a tiring left/right back.
  • Options
    I demand a gender test on the woman winning the shotput immediately!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Its Paul Merton
  • Options
    And this is what our wonderful government has planned for our future sports stars...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/aug/06/school-playing-field-sale-gove?CMP=twt_gu