Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llera

Comments

• Options

Wait a minute. Wasn't there talk in jan about jones wanting to get rid of him.

Yeah, not sure it was Jones though, I think it was Migs agent playing games and basically the Wednesday management saying he can look for clubs because we won't be held over a barrel, or something along those lines, it's still a bit unclear.
  • Options
    Ok. Welcome, have a sandwich and keep spreading the word of lord Llera.
  • Options

I'm fighting his corner, some of you can see one game Col U away then the world ended.

• Options
    If you had seen it then you would understand.
  • Options

I'm fighting his corner, some of you can see one game Col U away then the world ended.

Yawn. Looks as if you are as bored as I am. Our defender is better than yours. etc. Well done.
  • Options
    Trust me pig. It wasn't one game. He had some shockers. He had a few decent games as well but when ever I heard he was in the starting line up I shat myself.

He has scored bundles of goals for you but it seems he has had some shockers too. Seeing him the other week against us he looked like the old llera I used to know except he was on the winning side
  • Options
    Llera always gave everything he had for us and was a nice bloke off the pitch too. He'll always get a clap from me.

Morro, Cort, Dervite and Taylor are all better players though so I'll stick with what we've got.

• Options
    edited February 2013

Trust me pig. It wasn't one game. He had some shockers. He had a few decent games as well but when ever I heard he was in the starting line up I shat myself.

He has scored bundles of goals for you but it seems he has had some shockers too. Seeing him the other week against us he looked like the old llera I used to know except he was on the winning side

Why what did he do so bad? granted I didn't make the trip to the Valley but I was at Hillsbro' and he was fine and solid in that game.

I'll agree he's not going to be everyones choice but I don't get all the slagging, he's not that bad and considering he's made the huge step up from L1 to the championship he's done reasonably well, and popped up with goals, I like him, he's a worker and committed and I like players like that.

• Options
    Erm he didn't get wrong side of Charlie Austin, the left back had been drawn up the field by Bailey's doomed break, he had to push out and defend the left channel when Austin was going at full speed. If he was wrong side how the bloody hell was slow moving Llera ever going to catch him? I'd say none of our defenders post prem, bar Boughera would have pushed out and coped with that: and Boughera made enough appalling mistakes of judgement/positioning in fewer matches, albeit against champ players.

Most fans on here seem to think McCarthy was rubbish, and Hudson slow and over rated. Yet when they went to teams that bothered to harrass the midfield they were able to play in champ teams pushing for the play offs. Llera made mistakes in a quite good league one team that was average at pressing. Was better than Djimi Traore at positioning however you see it, and had it in him to play in the champ with a defensively energetic midfield.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Llera always gave everything he had for us and was a nice bloke off the pitch too. He'll always get a clap from me.

Morro, Cort, Dervite and Taylor are all better players though so I'll stick with what we've got.

Maybe certain players suit certain clubs, when we got Morrison from Leicester, he came with a glowing cv, was part of that Leicester L1 championship winning side, but I have to say he was one of the worst defenders I had seen play for us, he went to you and did well, not sure how he's doing in the Championship though, Leicester didn't rate him at this level hence why we signed him in L1.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013

LenGlover said:

Maybe certain players suit certain clubs, when we got Morrison from Leicester, he came with a glowing cv, was part of that Leicester L1 championship winning side, but I have to say he was one of the worst defenders I had seen play for us, he went to you and did well, not sure how he's doing in the Championship though, Leicester didn't rate him at this level hence why we signed him in L1.

Morro's had the odd wobble which, as you said earlier, all defenders do but overall he has had a good solid season for us so far.

• Options

LenGlover said:

Didn't Morrison have a full season at Championship level with Leicester in the season that they finished in the play-offs before they changed manager and he fell out of favour? I thought that was how his story went.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Morro's had the odd wobble which, as you said earlier, all defenders do, but overall he has had a good solid season for us so far.

Fair enough, but I have noticed Len that you have been conceding late goals recently.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Morro's had the odd wobble which, as you said earlier, all defenders do, but overall he has had a good solid season for us so far.

Fair enough, but I have noticed Len that you have been conceding late goals recently.
    We have but none down to Morro although I'll reserve judgement on todays until I've seen it again. I sit at the other end.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    we get it now. you like him, some on here don't. i think you're a good bloke but you do let yourself down i feel, going round in circles on this thread everytime llera scores or does something positive the same old conversation starts about him and morro and it's very tedious. nothing ever gets resolved. peace, piggy.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

we get it now. you like him, some on here don't. i think you're a good bloke but you do let yourself down i feel, going round in circles on this thread everytime llera scores or does something positive the same old conversation starts about him and morro and it's very tedious. nothing ever gets resolved. peace, piggy.
  • Options

Debate/Football/forum/fans.

But yeah I agree.

• Options
    That 'performance' at Colchester wasn't just bad. It was absolutely epic. It was the worst display from a Charlton player I have ever seen in more than 30 years of following this club. He could play like Lionel Messi for the rest of his career, but the sheer futility of what he did that night will never leave me.
  • Options
    I always liked Llera especially with his hat on
  • Options
    I would love to know where operation swine gets his rose tinted glasses . Forget the definate pen or the very good goal he scored , his positioning for the massives first goal sums up the player to a tee , he hasn't got a clue where the ball , the goal or even what country he is in . The biggest clown I've seen in years .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you seen the goals and penalty incident operation?
  • Options
    Operation is clearly looking for a bite when he says it wasnt a pen
  • Options
    Okay, seeing it on TV i'll agree it was a pen, the first goal wasn't down to him, very slick Derby movement imo.

He made up for his pen though.
  • Options
    I also saw him doing his "turning circle of an oil tanker" routine on the FLS last night. Bless.
  • Options
    What's happened to the all conquering shirt kissing Semedo ? If he can't get a game for a lumbering Sheffield Wednesday team thn he must be pretty awful these days.
  • Options

What's happened to the all conquering shirt kissing Semedo ? If he can't get a game for a lumbering Sheffield Wednesday team thn he must be pretty awful these days.

Semedo is a great player that will give everything, but invho I think at this level it might be just a bit too much for him, at L1 he is a great player.

• Options
    Off_it said:

I also saw him doing his "turning circle of an oil tanker" routine on the FLS last night. Bless.

Great swivel movement isn't it, I do wonder how he does it for a big lad, did you get the chance to see his goal?
  • Options
    Seen milk turn quicker
  • Options
    Am i the only person who is starting to think OP is Llera, since he seems to be responding to every comment?
  • Options
    Do you think they might have had a case for a foul for your 1st as well. Despite earning a good point under circumstances is your bum a bit more squeaky with bottom 3 all winning. Mine is, whos your next few games against? I feel we will have to improve home form as majority of teams around us have to come to the Valley.