Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llera

Comments

• Options
    No, it was a perfectly good goal.
    Yes it's very tight at the moment, can't believe hoe good Barnsley have done recently.
    Our next game is Birmingham away then Forest at home.
  • Options
    You'll probably get a result at Brum if you can sneak a goal and your players don't mess themselves at the thought of having to defend a lead. Birmingham were diabolical yesterday unfortunately we handed a point to them on a plate.
  • Options
    Don't really know what to expect of Birmingham, hope we can get a result down there, the way the bottom's shaping up I reckon teams will need 55 points to be sure, we still have to play Barnsley at home, Bristol away and Peterboro' is the last away game of the season, would hate to go there needing to beat them.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Llera always gave everything he had for us and was a nice bloke off the pitch too. He'll always get a clap from me.

Morro, Cort, Dervite and Taylor are all better players though so I'll stick with what we've got.

Maybe certain players suit certain clubs, when we got Morrison from Leicester, he came with a glowing cv, was part of that Leicester L1 championship winning side, but I have to say he was one of the worst defenders I had seen play for us, he went to you and did well, not sure how he's doing in the Championship though, Leicester didn't rate him at this level hence why we signed him in L1.

Leicester made the Champ play-offs in 09/10 and Morrison made 30 league starts.

He was sold after Sven came in who as far as I know wanted his own players.
  • Options
    Waiting for OP to come on here to comment on his performance yesterday. Jumps for a header in his box, misses it, I think his hat slipped over his eyes. Lets a bloke the same height as Solly score with a header.
  • Options

Just letting you all know how well he's been playing and how surprised a few of us actually are at him adapting to life in the Championship, there's a long way to go yet but all is good at the moment.....maybe we'll be battling at the top again?

yeh right...

• Options
    At it again this weekend I see...........................
  • Options
    He had a mare for Rovers first but he was involved , I think, in the build up for Sheff Weds equaliser
  • Options
    Still don't know how he's picking up a wage in the Championship lol
  • Options

Still don't know how he's picking up a wage in the Championship lol

Perhaps he paying £5 subs and every third weekend you wash the kit like every other Sunday Morning player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0418z9d/The_Football_League_Show_2013_2014_12_04_2014/

For the benefit of those that didn't catch it, watch from 38:47. Apparently at fault for the Blackburn second goal as well lol
  • Options
    Disastrous defending by Leira yesterday. Let's hope he plays on Easter Monday, as he is the one central defender that I've seen being given the runaround by the great Simon Church.
  • Options
    As much as I really do like the bloke as a person I feel this will be his final year with us, he was absolutely awful yesterday and the fact that we've had a major injury crisis for months now means Llera is playing first team.

Did well for us last season but this year he's not cut it.
  • Options
    We did try to tell you
  • Options

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
  • Options

We did try to tell you

Well you did in L1 but he was brilliant, many wrote him off last season saying the 'step up' would be too much but he did well.

I will concede that it seems to have caught up with him this term although he's only playing because of our injuries.
  • Options
    IA said:

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
    Don't be harsh on Gaz, he's the more 'knowledgeable' ones on here ;)
  • Options

IA said:

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
    Hard luck today, thought you'd make the final.
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
    Cheers, maybe next year?

• Options

IA said:

IA said:

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
    Cheers, maybe next year?

Yes maybe Sheffield United will be in next year's final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

IA said:

IA said:

We did try to tell you

He ain't got a clue
    Cheers, maybe next year?

Yes maybe Sheffield Wednesday will be in next year's final.
    You never know.

• Options
    The problem was he wasn't wearing his silly hat
  • Options

As much as I really do like the bloke as a person I feel this will be his final year with us, he was absolutely awful yesterday and the fact that we've had a major injury crisis for months now means Llera is playing first team.

With all due respect, and I know many on here joke about Wednesday being a massive club, he has been involved in a side that has not looked in any trouble of relegation this season. I would say that is a sufficient achievement for you right now. On the basis that Connor Wickham is currently your leading goal scorer and only played 18 games I would say that you have more pressing needs in other areas of the squad.

If Llera is only a squad player (all be it that he has played a number of games due to injuries etc.) then unless sufficient investment is going to be made to enable you to challenge for promotion I think he is good enough for you.

Please don't think this is a pop at you because it's not. I just think that you have achieved the ultimate goal this season (staying up) and he has probably played a part in that.

However, I would be most grateful if he could give us a helping hand in getting a goal on Monday, please.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

With all due respect, and I know many on here joke about Wednesday being a massive club, he has been involved in a side that has not looked in any trouble of relegation this season. I would say that is a sufficient achievement for you right now. On the basis that Connor Wickham is currently your leading goal scorer and only played 18 games I would say that you have more pressing needs in other areas of the squad.

If Llera is only a squad player (all be it that he has played a number of games due to injuries etc.) then unless sufficient investment is going to be made to enable you to challenge for promotion I think he is good enough for you.

Please don't think this is a pop at you because it's not. I just think that you have achieved the ultimate goal this season (staying up) and he has probably played a part in that.

However, I would be most grateful if he could give us a helping hand in getting a goal on Monday, please.
    I'll respond to this because it's not the usual type of dig at Wednesday blah blah.

First of all Llera surprised quite a few people last season when he was playing well and popping up with the odd few goals too, this season he's not really played as often apart from when we've had a few injuries (past 3-4 months lol) so he's figured more often lately, sadly he's lost his way and imo isn't up to it compared to the likes of Loovans and Onyewu who are a class act as a pairing.

I don't take it as a pop either mate, at the start of the season and after about ten games we all thought we'd get relegated with only having one win in 11 and the way our season was shaping up I was fearing the worse, but our fortunes did change with the appointment of Stuart Gray.

Next season I feel Llera will go because he'll fall further down the pecking order but no way will he go without holding his head up, he will be fondly remembered here even though he's not cut it this term.

Big season for us next season imo, lots of players out of contract, so we'll be clearing all the deadwood and hopefully be bringing in more quality players, with the aim of challenging for the play off or top half at worse.
  • Options

Big season for us next season imo, lots of players out of contract, so we'll be clearing all the deadwood and hopefully be bringing in more quality players, with the aim of challenging for the play off or top half at worse.

You and us both but I think we will edge it due to being London based and having better players sticking around together with a european scouting network already in place.

• Options
    Enjoying the fa cup game with my local team, Worcester.
    Probably need a win to survive.
  • Options
    Oops llera missed the penalty to take them through
  • Options
    He might have to take another one soon!
  • Options
    This time he did win it for them