Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County v. Charlton Athletic 2012 Post-Match News, Views & Opinions

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Encouraging final half-hour? Disappointing start?

Please provide your post-match views below.

Comments

• Options
    So near, yet so far. Gutted at the end of it.
  • Options
    might be enough to give optimism for saturday
  • Options
    Surely the starting 11 for Saturday have picked themselves?
  • Options
    @AdTheAddick said:

I Feel sick rather lose 3-0 tbh
    than 3-2 and cleared off the line in the 94th minute !
    great spirit from the lads, but that's hard to move on from
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

That's the silver lining for me.
  • Options
    Shame it takes us so long to start wanting it
  • Options
    Shocking first hour, but we came back strongly in the last 30 minutes. Too little too late at the end of the day though.
  • Options
    Doesn't detract from the fact we were very very poor for the first 70, but the last 20 it seemed we had the fighting spirit back but why we didn't start with that is anyone's guess
  • Options
    Don't know what to make of it all to be honest.
  • Options
    I would have been really gutted if we'd lost 3 nil , 3-2 is disappointing, but not a hammering , roll on Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounded like we did enough in last 30 mins to get a draw ... decisions not going our way at the moment but I feel way more positive than I did on Friday ... and more than I did one hour ago ;-)
  • Options
    Happy enough with that.
    Wiggins out and away from home I felt a draw would be the best we could ask for.
    After going 2 then 3 down I had written the match off.
    But the changes worked well and the lads fought back. 3-2 will do me.
    On to Ipswich.
  • Options
    Will disregard the score for the time being - fighting back and threatening is what I wanted after we went down. Sounded like we got right in, created chances and strung more than a few passes together. Something to take heart from.
  • Options
    think another loss sat ,hopeless team ,change it ffs
  • Options
    Shit team selection from manager has lost that game. Obvious to everyone that Fuller and Kerkar should be starting except from CP. What is he playing at???
  • Options
    play like the last 30 mins in the first 30 on sat and we will destroy ipswich.
  • Options
    at least millwall lost, and forest just equalised against palarse
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

We never know with Chris powell do we..
  • Options
    did jackson play in the middle for the last 30mins?
  • Options
    Great effort at the end but still doesn't hide the massive deficiencies in our team at the moment. Really need to switch things up again, interested to hear about how Jacko did in the middle at the end of the game as he definitely can't start on the left and it would be a shame if we can't get our captain in the team without being over run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just gutted. Again in the last minute of the game a header cleared off the line
  • Options
    Positives
    Excellent Spirit at the end
    Kerkar- very good
    Fuller - excellent
    Green- ran th show second half
    Jackson- usualy the first to critize but was better in the middle
    Showed we can play football
    2 soft goals, would've been avoided another day
    2 clearances off line, would've gone in another day

Negatives
    Poor 1st half
    Hollands was weak
    2 sloppy goals
    Jackson isn't a winger, played better with Kerkar
    We lost

Start the team we finished with next game and I feel we will mount a much better challenge
  • Options
    Sounds like we gave a good account of ourselves in final 20mins, interesting to hear what those at the game made of it all. I had Palace and Derby as bottom 6 material so it is concerning we have lost to both in succession and conceded 4 goals to boot.
  • Options
    Why can't we play that way when the scores are level? Need to be out of the blocks like Mr. Bolt. Also, interesting to hear about the lack of passion and commitment shown in the first half.
  • Options
    We are now a 2nd half team it seems. We were shite for 70 mins but Green was our spark and he set the game alight with that screamer (any video of it yet?). After that we were great and piled on the pressure but yet again it was just to little to late, 2 headers cleared off the line and a plucky comeback but nothing to show for it, still we move on to Ipswich. Also apparently it was a very soft penalty, nothing is going our way at the moment but the quality is there, we just need it in much longer spells.

COYR!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    3 successive games where in the 1st half we've played a poor second best.
    Some people need to have a word with themselves.

But at least the right spirit is shown in the 2nd half, with a strong fighting finish to the game.

We do need the breaks to fall for us.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    stats addicks first
    possession 41% - 59%
    shots on 5 - 8
    shots off 4 - 9
    corners 4 - 5

GOALS 2 - 3

We slip into bottom 3
  • Options
    Why is everyone demanding Fuller start?
    “It is a matter of building up my minutes before I can start a game.

“I don’t want to be stupid and rush in when I’m not 100 per cent fit and get myself injured - that’s the worst thing I would want.

“It is about building up my fitness and hopefully everything will be fine in the next couple of games.”
    - Ricardo Fuller, yesterday.

SCP making him say that? Or just maybe he isn't starting for a good reason.
  • Options
    Its a shame that for the third week running that it has taken us to kick into gear around the 70th minute mark mainly after our substitutions.

Can't help but notice that the substitutions have usually consisted of Kerkar and Fuller so maybe now's the time to start them?
  • Options
    Didn't even realise we were playing until I switched on SS1 with 5minutes to go. What a jolly fun read that match thread was ;) Spirited comeback, let's hope Green, Kerkar & Fuller start for the next one!