Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County v. Charlton Athletic 2012 Post-Match News, Views & Opinions

123457»

Comments

• Options

443 Charlton at Derby

Wow

Was that our formation (443) until the referee complained we had 12 men on the pitch?

• Options

I heard them, loud and clear, in Prague. Especially for a penalty shout. Sounded a lot more than 443.

the Derby fans must have deafened you then, unless the mike was in our end, cos from where i was in the charlton end they were deafening once they got going which was not often ....the first half was so quiet from both sets of fans

Ignore this. It is an obvious wind up. Don't understand why he wants to go, (if he did) and then come on here belittling our support, after Prague has told it how he heard it.

i'm not gonna make it up Bryan , i went and we had small numbers and only really got going once the goals were pulled back i say it as i see/hear it and the radio agreed it was quiet first half and if you don't think derby were loud when they got going then you clearly have selective hearing
  • Options
    Can't believe i almost turned the radio off when they scored there penalty, gave me a lift for saturday personally hoping for a traditional 442 with 2 proper wingers in Kerker & Green and a start for Fuller.

Not an excuse for the terrible starts to the last 2 games but we are not getting the luck from officials right now, im convinced Palace would of folded if Bradley's goal had stood which it should of, not even open for debate that one and the commentator's last night seemed to suggest that the Ref was looking to give them a Penalty.

A few changes and a bit of luck or at the least evens from the the officials and im sure we can get are season goal back on track to mid table safety.

• Options
    With you there, GGA.

As soon as the ref pointed to the spot at the far end, I turned to my pals and said " He couldn't wait to give it !"

There's definitely a lot more to come from this set of lads .

Keep the faith !

• Options
    I didn't go. However, it sounds like a re run of Forest A. Embarassingly clueless, until mid way through the 2nd half when Fuller & Kerkar are introduced.

No way was that a Derby penalty, very unfortunate.

Kerkar to start at Ipswich in place of either Jackson or Hollands.

I'd like Fuller to start, but doubt he's ready. We'll just have to be patient with him. There really is no point rushing him back a game too soon, resulting in a pulled hammy & out for 3 months.

Personally, I'd play Solly & Evina, but Powell must have good reason. Perhaps, Evina isn't match fit as the "reserves" rarely play ?
  • Options

Ledge said:

Powell has to take most responsibility for last night im afraid. Yes, the players let him down but he had the opportunity to change it up from the off and he never. when we made the subs, there sounded alot more fluidity to our play.

love the guy, but sometimes he does get it wrong, and being 3-0 down after Ian hour is getting it wrong. the vast majority of people on here could see what was needed since friday but he didnt. or if he did, why didnt he go with it?

Gary he's already said fuller getting stronger so obv not match fit. You'd moan f he started fuller and dragged after 50 cos he's blowin out his ass best to play him last 30 when oppo tired at the moment. He's missing chances as well
    Of course he gonna make mistakes what manager doesnt its how he learns from them that matters.
    Only 5/6 game in patience is needed.

if you look at the pre match thread i didnt want him to start fuller. the changes had to be rung in midfield and also ensure solly started RB and a natural left footed player was left back.

i know its early doors, but theres nothing wrong with asking questions of the managers decisions surely?
    No of course not mate
  • Options
    It was indeed similar to Forest except that if oohaah had been there he would still be receiving treatment for his deafness.

Both first half displays were very poor indeed and the same subs made a similar impact. Difference? Well this time no Cook and no Pritch and tbh no better.
  • Options
    Good debate, thanks for the feedback from those there.
  • Options

A performance that started dreadfully for Charlton, was recovered in the second half. In the first half we were woeful, bereft of ideas and on the back foot. It appeared that Nigel Clough had got the edge in terms of tactics in the first half, or it could be that early events went against us, and confidence and then play collapsed. Whatever the reason, Derby could and indeed should have scored more.

Whatever was said at half time by CP worked. Charlton came out and gave it a go. This was slightly, but too the players credit not fully, deflated by the third goal. CP then brought on Kerkar and the King of Stoke, who immediately combined to score, only to have it ruled out.

With Kerkar and Green running at the Derby defence, Derby now found themselves on the back foot. This sensation can't have been helped when they realised that Fuller could simply go past them at will. Danny Green, who has now established himself as a Championship player, then scored a goal of beauty. With Charlton now in the ascendancy a second goal then arrived. In a game where we had two shots cleared off the line, a goal disallowed and a penalty turned down, a Charlton equalizer would have been fair, but this never came.

Going into the game, I would of selected, if fully fit, Evina and Solly at full back. However if CP thinks Solly can play left back, then he probably can. Solly at left back seemed not at his normal level, but improved as the game went on. Wilson seemed on par with the rest of the defence. With patience, this full back pairing can probably work.

BWP didn't do much wrong, in terms of movement and enthusiasm, but the lack of service meant he didn't have much chance to shine.

When fully fit, it will be worth increasing the involvement of both Kerkar and Fuller. Central midfield needs addressing, a player such as Reo-Coker alongside Stephens may be the solution.

In the end, not a disaster, and positives can certainly be found.

An extremely well balanced and sensible synopsis if I may be so bold as to say so. Enjoyed reading and agree with it all.
  • Options

It appears he is a bit out of his depth,and far too negative in his tactics,why test that brilliant 4-3-3 in pre season then play a dated defense minded 4-4-2 diamond,he needs to wake up on Saturday and pick a team that can win a game not just try not to lose.

For me this is the most pertinent comment of all. We have a Defender manager, when we need to be more ambitious. I am not enjoying waiting for an hour before we decide to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed the game - first one this season (Work, School, blah,blah,blah).

Surely we didn't use the 4-4-2 Diamond again? Not after the previous two games where the midfield was easy disrupted or stretched and fell apart?

So, in the opening two games we used an orthodox 4-4-2 and took 4 points from 6. In the following four games using the Diamond, 1 point from 12. Strange.
  • Options
    When CP arrived he tried 4-3-3 but we didn't have the players to deliver. I think Haynes is an important part of this strategy but he is crocked. Cook, Kerkar, Green don't have this on their c.v. and BWP not got those skills unless the lone one if we play on ground. Fitness of RF, DH, SW could be key to our season and I'd like to see these in front three with full backs pushing on.
  • Options
    Wonderful assist from Dale Stephens. Shame it was for a Derby goal. That guy is so poor it's untrue.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Wonderful assist from Dale Stephens. Shame it was for a Derby goal. That guy is so poor it's untrue.

Why we didn't take Villa's offer is beyond me.

• Options

Splodge said:

Because without Stephens or an adequate replacement, we wouldn't have a creative midfield at all
  • Options

Splodge said:

Because without Stephens or an adequate replacement, we wouldn't have a creative midfield at all
    We have a creative midfield?

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Splodge said:

We have a creative midfield?

not very, but it would be a desert like barren land rather than a semi frozen tundra without Stephens
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights on player.

Is it Derby who provided the commentary?

Firstly BWP must be really shit he manages to get offside when he's not even on the pitch.

Secondly great camera work for Greens goal.

I do think if you're paying for something then you should at least have commentators who know who the players are. (If it helps the players names are on the back of their shirts)

Also cameramen who can keep up with play would be helpful.

Rant over.
  • Options
    Bump for off-it
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Still only 200?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012

I think we need a right good argument to catch up now.....

Inbox me!

Edit - not yet required, 188 plays 202 - sounds like a cracking 20/20 match.

• Options
    Well the Ipswich game helps to take some of the sting out of this one.
  • Options
    Although to really do the business another win would be great.
  • Options
    Reckon we could get a draw from Blackburn if SCP drops the "ethical football" stuff and does something I haven't seen us do for a while, ie park the bus.
  • Options

Reckon we could get a draw from Blackburn if SCP drops the "ethical football" stuff and does something I haven't seen us do for a while, ie park the bus.

We are not playing Man Utd away it is just Blackburn at the Valley, not saying we will win but going in to with the mind set of hoping for a 0 0 is stupid, we can beat them if we get at them early as there fans are desperate for them to be rubbish so they can start booing & shouting abuse.
  • Options
    Sorry should of split my post in to more, hope this helps.