Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County v. Charlton Athletic 2012 Post-Match News, Views & Opinions

Comments

• Options
    We are in the bottom 3. Only Ipswich and Peterborough below us.
    Ipswich really will be a six pointer. COYR
  • Options
    Wasn't there, but some of the comments on the match thread by others made me want to puke.
    Those same people were sucking each other's collective dick last season and now...
    Lazy,ill - informed knee jerk reaction from so-called supporters.If you want to 'give up' then do so and pipe down.
    It's not gone well so far, but I'm confident it will improve, if not, the team will need our support more than ever.
    That's our job.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting to see where we are after 10 games before I start to panic. This side is stepping up, just slowly.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2012
    Look who's 23rd. Talk of six pointers is silly at the moment but at least the subs that came on actually are forcing CP's hand rather than meekly just wandering going "this aint my fault"

• Options
    Who had the chance off the line?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    WSS said:

Look who's 23rd...

Reading? I can't see properly because I don't have binoculars.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

BIG BIG game against Ipswich on saturday

You're not kidding.

Lose that one and we really are going to be playing catch-up.

• Options

Who had the chance off the line?

Jackson twice

• Options
    How many players had reading signed that summer and how much did they spend in Jan?

Time to gel for new players and all that
  • Options
    And look who is 19th, same record as us.

Lies damn lies and statistics
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And look who is 19th, same record as us.

Lies damn lies and statistics

True, but I don't tend to go through life thinking about the worst scenarios - it makes you pretty miserable.

• Options

J BLOCK said:

BIG BIG game against Ipswich on saturday

You're not kidding.

Lose that one and we really are going to be playing catch-up.

yea and only 40 games to do it in?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Wasn't there, but some of the comments on the match thread by others made me want to puke.
    Those same people were sucking each other's collective dick last season and now...
    Lazy,ill - informed knee jerk reaction from so-called supporters.If you want to 'give up' then do so and pipe down.
    It's not gone well so far, but I'm confident it will improve, if not, the team will need our support more than ever.
    That's our job.

Make you right, could not believe some of the comments.
  • Options
    Reason we look a good second half team is because we're always chasing the game!
  • Options
    nolly said:

Baldock the player we should of got

youtube.com/watch?v=kge9ZzjsfW8&feature=relmfu

• Options
    edited September 2012

How many players had reading signed that summer and how much did they spend in Jan?

That's the first thing I thought !

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Reading_F.C._season

To be honest it doesn't look like they made many massive signings, maybe just legiterwood and le fondre.
  • Options
    Good one Jimmy
  • Options

They bought Le Frondre.............

• Options
    And we got Fuller. I know who I'd rather have.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Only listened on 94.9 but most telling comment in 2nd half was "Charlton are playing a higher line". This is key, and defence needs to bring ball to halfway and stop giving to Hamer to kick long. Won't write Dan H or Pritch off until we try this. Too much distance between back 4 and front two in four games I've seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny I can't recall such a homogenous view on here than the reaction to the team. Then with the failure to freshen it up at half time. Whatever the issues are or are not behind the scenes the issues in the last few games have been on the touchline. Won't be a popular view, but there it is.
  • Options
    Sorry, haven't seen on this thread, has it been confirmed how many we took up there ?
  • Options
    Greens chance to make the right wing his all season now. Has to push on and show more consistency then last season. Fingers crossed he can do it.
  • Options
    It's a long season, but we need a win on Saturday, a point at the minimum, as it's 3 consecutive defeats now, and we need to stop the rot.

On an optimistic note, Millwall lost at home and are only 1 point ahead of us, while Palace only drew at home against 10 men, and are just 2 points ahead of us... hopefully Wolves will beat Ipswich tomorrow.
  • Options
    Some balance in the team needs to be found across midfield. The midfield needs width. Midfield has needed to be addressed for some time. Until it is, then we will struggle to get away from the bottom 5. Whether Reo Coker will help with that, I am not sure. Would hope so, if he can fit in with the mentality of the team.

Playing right footed players on the left and vice versa, is not a good recipie for success. Solly needs to play at rb and evina at left back.

Team late on has shown some fight and spirit, which is good. Maybe it will take time for some of the players to step up, and for Chris Powell to work out a decent team structure from the start of the game and deploy the resources effectively. He is a top man and I hope he can manage it.

The owners need to ensure that he has the midfield resources at his disposable to make a decent go of it.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Greens chance to make the right wing his all season now. Has to push on and show more consistency then last season. Fingers crossed he can do it.

Didn't he have gladualr fever or something last season? If he did that can make you feel low and lethargic for a good six months after the illness has gone.
  • Options
    Can't believe some fans are questioning Chris Powell after last season. Shocking.
  • Options

Funny I can't recall such a homogenous view on here than the reaction to the team. Then with the failure to freshen it up at half time. Whatever the issues are or are not behind the scenes the issues in the last few games have been on the touchline. Won't be a popular view, but there it is.

Oh I see. The only senior level signing for a division higher is Wilson, who hasn't actually played at this level before, plus a still unfit Fuller, and it's all Powell's fault. Still, it's a step up for you to admit there might be issues behind the scenes. On the threads which discuss such matters you constantly attack people who suggest any such thing.

• Options

Can't believe some fans are questioning Chris Powell after last season. Shocking.

sorry, but no-one (player or manager) is untouchable. Anyone who has seen us this season (tonight was the 1st game i've missed) could tell you that what we have been missing is width. Finally, with both Green & Kerkar on the pitch, and JJ pushed inside, we sounded a different & better team.

It has taken CP too long to see it - hopefully now he has. He will get pelters if he doesn't start Sat with the team that finished tonight (aprt from maybe Evina for Wilson with Solly back at rb)

• Options
    Feel for Evina not starting, it cannot do his confidence any good. Cannot remember last time we won a match playing a LB at RB or vice versa? Maybe in Prem with Luke Young?