Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012

You Fat Bstd

Banned

I'll still be singing it to you don't worry.
  • Options
    I think the West Brom fans would've been pissed off on the Sunday though. ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Dont you dare i may not be offended but some dear poor soul might be
  • Options

One of the reasons why racist chanting is not acceptable any more is that other people have objected to it and anyone starting a racist chant is likely to be shot down (not literally) by fellow supporters.

Why, when so many of us found Saturday's chants about Danny Murphy's wife so unacceptable, should we keep quiet about it?

ill ask again then, do you find chanting that the referee is a wanker acceptable?
    I don't use it myself but it is more palatable than chants about a player's wife.

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    I just went to a meeting, came back seeing 23 replies, thought someone might have added something intelligent to this thread.... silly me.
    More proof we have some idiots for supporters.
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    if and no doubt there will be another time where our support chants something that others find offensive, i think its only right that we then start singing "I’m a c*nt, I’m a c*nt, I’m a c*nt". We know it’s wrong but at least we are ready to admit it.

helpful?
  • Options
    flanter
  • Options
    Markive said:

I don't think everyone actually knows the background to this;

Danny Murphy's wife original claim to fame was as an actress on Hollyoaks, she had a few other subsequent acting roles before being taken on by The Times to write her very own newspaper column from a 'footballer's wife' perspective.

It is widely accepted by many Charlton fans that Danny Murphy's wife had something to do with his decision to leave Charlton. Alan Curbishley himself is quoted as saying that Danny's motivations were that of his wife not being happy at the number of movie premiers they were getting invited to with Danny playing at Charlton.

Writing in her column after Danny left;

"Danny has got a lot of stick from some Charlton fans and from Curbishley for suggesting that Tottenham are a bigger club. The fact is they do have a bigger ground and more fans than Charlton."

Danny Murphy was also quoted himself shortly after, also in The Times, bashing the quantity of Charlton away support and acclaiming the effect of playing for a bigger club with more away fans.

Factually true, but did nothing to dispel the undercurrent of bad-feeling towards the pair.

Whilst I can see people's point with those taking kids finding it less than ideal, the song is hardly worse than many of our historic songs regarding Palace/Millwall, which have been sung whilst building this family friendly club. I do agree that the song was crude and I would have preferred if a classy/witty anecdote could have been found, but such is life - song composition has never been our strong point!

Danny and his wife were always going to take some flak, especially after his poor performance at Fulham and with his decision to stop taking corners in front of our fans after a while. If she was out of the public eye and it had not been so publically suggested that she was the reason for him leaving and the pair hadn't published neg in the press - then I'd feel the song unjustified, but in this case I find it... expected?

Fact also remains, if she didn't want attention, she wouldn't be writing about it in a footballer’s wife newspaper column.

Great post that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Some people have standards some don't.

It appears that the balance at Charlton is inexorably shifting from the former to the latter.

Millwall lite today. Tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

are you saying it isn't but you wish it was?

Unbelievable.

Yes I am. Sorry if you don't feel the same way.

Wow!! Can't believe I have just read that!! Very, very worrying!
  • Options

The List is endless

Unless you go to milwall.

CAFC, CAFC, CAFC, CAFC.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Some people have standards some don't.

It appears that the balance at Charlton is inexorably shifting from the former to the latter.

Millwall lite today. Tomorrow?

lol
  • Options
    Gary Saunders is our friend....
  • Options
    Doing our bit for the community....
  • Options

I just went to a meeting, came back seeing 23 replies, thought someone might have added something intelligent to this thread.... silly me.

i am offended please refrain from saying the word idiot it is offensive

• Options
    Double standards
  • Options
    yeah
    But, would ya?

• Options

i am offended please refrain from saying the word idiot it is offensive

words fail me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc cafc cafc
  • Options
    nolly said:

cafc cafc cafc

We love everything, We love everything.

• Options
    Anyone who thinks Joanna Murphy would not be upset at being called a whore by a large group of idiots is deluded/thick /idiot.

• Options
    cafc
  • Options
    We love you murphy we do
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Anyone who thinks Joanna Murphy Darren Deadman would not be upset at being called a whore wanker by a large group of idiots is deluded/thick /idiot.

• Options
    Whats that's got to do with my point?
  • Options
    Her names Jo-Anna and she dissed our lovely club
    She didn't go to premiers and didn't like our half-time grub
    And when she came to Charlton the idiots shout and boo
    So next time just don't do it, sing C-A-F-C too
  • Options
    We may as well close this thread now eh?

As I said pages back if you're the sort of person who thinks it acceptable/funny to call a person that then you're as unlikely to think about what's been posted as a result and change your mind as I am to change my view because it's only "banter" and no worse than giving the ref stick, etc.

If people genuinely cannot see the difference then you can't have the debate.
  • Options
    just using your comment to try and say that i guarantee some of the people outraged by the chants join in on others using worse language but aimed at more obvious targets. is it ok to call someone a w*anker but not a whore? is it cos its a woman not a man? where do you draw the line?