Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options
    MLS said:

LenGlover said:

Brilliant that the chants made the mail

Well done all involved

Badge of honour at The Den maybe.

Personally I'm sad that a national newspaper associated me as a Charlton fan with a bunch of morons who abused a player's wife.

Still I guess as it was The Mail they made it up....
    So what's the difference between you calling people a moron and those people calling her a wh*re?
    One is true the other is not.

On reflection ill mannered lout would have been better than moron but it's a lot more to type.
  • Options
    To be honest, it's all name calling. If people take it that seriously then that's their choice I suppose, but I doubt anyone singing the song actually thinks she's a sl*g, it's just a word they've chosen to use.

• Options
    MLS said:

To be honest, it's all name calling. If people take it that seriously then that's their choice I suppose, but I doubt anyone singing the song actually thinks she's a sl*g, it's just a word they've chosen to use.

I had no problem at all with any of the chants aimed at Murphy himself but insulting a player's family crosses a line.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

MLS said:

I had no problem at all with any of the chants aimed at Murphy himself but insulting a player's family crosses a line.

Just my opinion.
    Exactly!
  • Options
    Even if she's made derogatory comments about cafc? In a sense she's done more wrong than he has.
  • Options
    MLS said:

Even if she's made derogatory comments about cafc? In a sense she's done more wrong than he has.

She was just doing what any good wife would do by supporting her husband in his career choices. It's just unfortunate we were the victims.

He was the smug git that stopped playing for us and buggered off on 31 January to be pictured on Sky Sports news sitting in his big motor slagging Charlton off and saying how wonderful Spurs were.

The man made the choice and he is the one that deserves the stick.
  • Options
    Yesterdays news...
  • Options
    What do we know about the Watford full back's wife - I hear she loves it up the Gary
  • Options
    I wasn't bothered about the Murphy Murphy you're a cn#t chants but I thought the wife chants were a bit skanky. I don't think it does any good for anyone. I remember the crowd chanting horrible stuff about Mandy Smith at the Millwall game when she was with Pat van den Hauwe and all it achieved was getting Shaun Newton a forearm smash in the mouth from her rather annoyed boyfriend!
  • Options
    Funny how those melodramatic souls who are "not proud to be a Charlton fan" today then decide to come on a Charlton fan forum and start discussing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

MLS said:

She was just doing what any good wife would do by supporting her husband in his career choices. It's just unfortunate we were the victims.

He was the smug git that stopped playing for us and buggered off on 31 January to be pictured on Sky Sports news sitting in his big motor slagging Charlton off and saying how wonderful Spurs were.

Arh ha, that's it, ancient chauvinistic view!

She was the one who wanted him to leave because we weren't seen as glamorous as other clubs. She can probably stick up for herself without his help.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

MLS said:

She was the one who wanted him to leave because we weren't seen as glamorous as other clubs. She can probably stick up for herself without his help.
    Murphy made his choices and he is the one to take the consequences for those choices.

• Options
    Missed It said:

I wasn't bothered about the Murphy Murphy you're a cn#t chants but I thought the wife chants were a bit skanky. I don't think it does any good for anyone. I remember the crowd chanting horrible stuff about Mandy Smith at the Millwall game when she was with Pat van den Hauwe and all it achieved was getting Shaun Newton a forearm smash in the mouth from her rather annoyed boyfriend!

Those chants must have started early, he assualted Newton in the first 5 seconds of the game.
  • Options
    I don't like the fact that I could go into work next week and my colleagues might say to me 'I heard Charlton fans were singing this and that at the weekend'. I do not agree with what was being sung, and I'm embarrassed to be associated with these fans. I was shocked and disappointed that so many people joined in if I'm honest. Was sitting in the west lower and could hear it loud and clear.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

MLS said:

Murphy made his choices and he is the one to take the consequences for those choices.

Surely she would have a say in it?
  • Options

I don't like the fact that I could go into work next week and my colleagues might say to me 'I heard Charlton fans were singing this and that at the weekend'. I do not agree with what was being sung, and I'm embarrassed to be associated with these fans. I was shocked and disappointed that so many people joined in if I'm honest. Was sitting in the west lower and could hear it loud and clear.

This.

• Options

As another female I thoroughly agree with you Suzi.

• Options
    Makes me laugh, so some of you people have never called anyone an explicit name in your entire life? Yeah right
  • Options

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

MLS said:

Surely she would have a say in it?
    I'm sure she would yes but that's a private matter between man and wife.

The public FACT is that Murphy betrayed Charlton by the way he departed and that is what we should be judging him on along with any other FOOTBALLING matters we think fit.
  • Options

As another female I thoroughly agree with you Suzi.

Nothing to do with gender ME14. Me and a lot of other guys on here are equally upset with these moronic chants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah but, you would wouldn't ya? From my recollection her portrayal of the character 'geri' in hollyoaks was excellent.
  • Options
    When Exeter fans sang the same thing to BWP about his mum it really made me dislike the club. I seem to remember at Fulham in the cup a few fans spotted Mrs Murphy and showered her with abuse. She spent a lot of time on Twitter that evening answering comments regarding it. She supposedly has a very difft story as to why he left to ones I have heard but I do not know what they are.
  • Options

Makes me laugh, so some of you people have never called anyone an explicit name in your entire life? Yeah right

Nothing to do with it. We're talking about what was sung yesterday by a few hundred people, repeatedly.
    I couldn't care less what she said about us.

What was sung yesterday lacks class (and intelligence) and I pity those of you who think it is funny to call a woman a whore because she may or may not have said that she didn't get invited to film premiers whilst danny was playing with us.

• Options

Not never, but certainly never their wives who I wouldn't recognise 2 yards away and have never seen, met, heard or in any way been connected with. At Fulham I was more than happy to put Murphy off when he was taking corners etc but his family never came into it.
  • Options
    She's a big girl. She can handle it.
  • Options
    I love how so many other people are outraged on his behalf.

Not really something I'd be singing but if Murphy was offended by it I'm sure he knows who to report it to and the club would deal with it.

On the other hand he could be sitting in his multi-million pound home right now still not giving a fuck!

I reckon I know what one he'll be doing.
  • Options
    things chanted at players are fine, as long as they are not racist or homophobic, although I probably wouldn't join in with some that use certain words like the c word. However, those aimed at members of their families are, in my opinion, out of order. I cringed when I heard that chant of Saturday but unfortunately it is the sort of thing I am now coming to expect when following Charlton. Some moaned about the stick given to Llera at Hillsbrough last season and I find criticism of songs like that absurd because not only was it very funny it was also true. The song on Saturday was neither true or funny and if people think otherwise then I feel sorry for them and its a sad reflection of today's society in general.
  • Options
    Rob said:

She's a big girl.

she'd prolly be more offended by that comment
  • Options
    Mixed feelings, really. I don't actually think he or she particularly deserves it, and I find it classless and embarrassing. But if it was to do with someone like Terry, Lee Hughes or something, I really would not give a flying one, if I'm honest.

What REALLY annoys me, is that, like it or not, a large percentage of our vocal support is quite Millwall-like now, and they'll happily bellow something like that out, 'IN-GUR-LUND' (v Man U after the Ronaldo wink), or the pathetic Addams family - but never really sing any of the many songs we have to support the club. 'W*NKER, W*NKER' at the Ref as well, (usually quite rightly), people very enthusiastic with that one. Less so with actual Charlton chants, or player chants!
  • Options
    Moan at the fans thread 465

Blah blah blah

And no Rothko I don't think the lisbie song is acceptable