Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Likely to get a warm reception from the Valley faithful , are you in the Boo camp , or the forgive and forget camp?

Comments

• Bit of both really, i think hes a tosser but will give him a warm reception. He's past it anyway :)
  • will his wife be there?
  • mparsons1 said:

will his wife be there?

John Terry's not looking after her as well is he?

• Not planning on booing Murphy - wouldn't give him the satisfaction.
  • Booing does us no favours & only incentivises the opposition player.

However, that **** Murphy will be getting both barrels from me. Sometimes you just have to :-)
  • edited September 2012
    I think we should give him pelters! When we played Fulham he bottled it completely! Leave his missus alone though! That was bang out of order!
  • Hope he looks as crap as he did against the Boro.
    Still classy from set plays but no pace left, looked passed it.
  • defintaely in the "boo" camp............usually means thet score against us but in his case he is so old & useless he wont get near our goal.

I do hope he takes their corners............i bet he'll be as fat away as possible if they get one !!
  • He will score.
  • Greenie said:

I think we should give him pelters! When we played Fulham he bottled it completely! Leave his missus alone though! That was bang out of order!

From what I remember it what his missus who slagged us off much more than Murphy himself.

• Sponsored links:

• redman said:

Greenie said:

From what I remember it what his missus who slagged us off much more than Murphy himself.

Maybe red man still don't make it right though!
  • It'll be weird cause I think he will get booed from both set of fans, blackburn fans think he is absolute rubbish
  • It'll be weird cause I think he will get booed from both set of fans, blackburn fans think he is absolute rubbish

Really? Didn't know that! He'll probably shit his pants!
  • He is a shitbag.
  • He'll get booed. Will get a freekick 20 yards out and i'll prepare myself for his celebration of hush.
  • Alternatively we could freak him out with ten minutes of 'One Danny Murphy'.
  • edited September 2012
    I can remember being at Tottenham when we played them very soon after he left us and went there and we chanted "you can stick your Danny Murphy up your a***"

Not a player I feel able to welcome back!
  • LenGlover said:

we chanted "you can stick your Danny Murphy up your a***"

was that to his wife ?
  • LenGlover said:

we chanted "you can stick your Danny Murphy up your a***"

was that to his wife ?
    LOL!

• Can't stand the muggy look on his face, but, in the context, could hardly muster a boo. More of a mutter under the breath. Unless we're 3-0 up, then what the hell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Boo/ Don't boo, the choice is yours but leave his wife & kid out of it, that was bang out of order at Fulham
  • Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Good luck to him, any player dropped, and given the chance to sign for a bigger and better club should take it. As for pace he never had any. Loved watching him and bear no grudges.
  • Boo for me.
  • Boo him? I'll be sneaking my sniper rifle in..................

Definately in top 3 hated former players
  • ColinTat said:

Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Good luck to him, any player dropped, and given the chance to sign for a bigger and better club should take it. As for pace he never had any. Loved watching him and bear no grudges.

Agree with this, enjoyed watching him play for CAFC. I will be clapping him and all those little gobshites mouthing of to his misses need to grow a pair.
  • i know i know we cant say anything bad against his misses but when she was writing for the press I couldn’t stand her. I still can’t. I'm not going to shout abuse at her, but I do dislike her.

Just felt it should be mentioned.

• edited September 2012
    ColinTat said:

Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Could not agree more. Much more to all that than meets the eye. We'll never know the full story, but the amount of abuse he gets from us is down to sheep mentality imo. I believe he wanted Charlton to do well, and was frustrated by various things, mostly down to Curbs' management at the time (e.g. questionable).

• edited September 2012
  • I say we to WAAAAY over the top and smuggle in some coke lids and throw them at him....

I refused to buy booze from an offi over here called Danny Murphys on account of that git...
  • Murphy was playing brilliant and all the talk of an England return got him and us all excited when that recall never arrived his form and attitude dipped and he threw his toys out of the pram , hence why he was dropped by curbs , that's how I remember it