Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options
    Dropped at Villa, where we were bloody awful, after that never the same.

When on tv always seems an intelligent fella, which didn't equate with his attitude at ours.

• Options
    I think he'll get booed at every opportunity but I bet he's the best midfielder on the pitch.
  • Options
    He's showing his age this year. Still can make a killer pass but is slow and the opposition are harrying him. Kean invested a lot of faith in Murphy. He's been found out a bit
  • Options
    won't be doing anything, couldn't care less about him.

just want 3 points.
  • Options
    I thought it was his wife that did not like him playing for charlton, so we should boo her.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i dont boo...but he would get a tirade of foul mouthed abuse (as long as there are no children, women and Len Glover near by)
  • Options
    He is slow now on the pitch stick Murphy up your arse.
  • Options
    not really fussed about him he was not around long enough to feel he was one of ours.

I enjoyed watching him and certainly was one of our better signings. I was amazed he signed in the place.

I will neither boo or cheer as he holds no real relevance in my charlton supporting meomories
  • Options
    Still don't really understand the level of hatred there is towards him. He got an offer from a bigger club and wanted to go.

As for the wife and kids thing, none of that was ever confirmed to be more than her just spouting off.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Good luck to him, any player dropped, and given the chance to sign for a bigger and better club should take it. As for pace he never had any. Loved watching him and bear no grudges.

Add me to this, thought he was a great player, gutted when he left. Think Curbs comments, true or not, about premieres done him in with most fans. Can't say I saw him on many red carpets!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not fussed either way really....if he acknowledges the Covered End, I'll clap him...if he gives a rude gesture (a la Mike Salmon/Nicky Weaver) I'll give him stick.....if nothing happens, I won't do anything! Reactive rather than proactive!!
    Thought he was an excellent player for us until he fell foul of Curbs' Law...then he stropped off and departed for Spurs under a cloud, which wasn't helped by his wife's comments.
    One thought though.....Did he get near the England squad once he left us? No.....so our club did do something positive for your career Danny, which I don't believe you've shown any gratitude for.
  • Options

Murphy was playing brilliant and all the talk of an England return got him and us all excited when that recall never arrived his form and attitude dipped and he threw his toys out of the pram , hence why he was dropped by curbs , that's how I remember it

That and he got himself the night off on NYE thanks to a very dodgy second yellow against Arsenal. We talk about Mills' Christmas card but at least the bloke gave us a great season and a bit in his first spell. Murphy was well up himself, thought he was bigger than the club, its players and staff, and - as good a player as he was for 6.5 games (because after the first half at West Brom he was toilet for us) - I won't be shedding any tears if his missus gets upset again because those nasty Charlton are having a pop.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Murphy was well up himself, thought he was bigger than the club, its players and staff

What makes you say that?
  • Options
    yes ..when Curbs mentioned his Wifes comment regarding premiers and charlton being a small club -they dont get the invites --that never helped the cause.

Watched him Friday and he played in the middle with Etuhu (se london boy) and they were hopeless --looked paceless and unfit.

We win the midfield on Saturday ... game over .............
  • Options
    Will boo his wife, not DM. I still reckon she pressured him to move.
  • Options
    At Fulham in thw cup he refused to take a corner cos of the reception he got and didn't want to be anywhere near the ball, I think we should treat him exactly like we did at Fulham
  • Options
    Yes, he looked terrible against Boro. Based on that, I hope he plays. But CP better warn our midfield not to give free kicks away in dangerous positions.
    I was disappointed when he left and think 2 million was a tad cheap at the time. He always seemed to put in a good shift for us so wouldn't dream of booing him.
  • Options
    Boo,always a boo no question. had one good season then Eff'd of way more deserving then Parker and other players who get bood
  • Options

Booing does us no favours & only incentivises the opposition player.

However, that **** Murphy will be getting both barrels from me. Sometimes you just have to :-)

You're dead right and so will I - hateful grasping baby - only shame is we haven't got a proper enforcer who could clobber him 9 ways til Sunday
  • Options
    while he doubtlessly looked after number one when he left us and his departure was a significant event in our freefall ,the fact is that he was once a great player and had some good games for us .He should be given a break especially considering how anatomically repulsive he is and which he cannot do much about at all .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

However, that **** Murphy will be getting both barrels from me. Sometimes you just have to :-)

You're dead right and so will I - hateful grasping baby - only shame is we haven't got a proper enforcer who could clobber him 9 ways til Sunday
    To be fair... in the match up of skilled but slow midfield maestros with a talent for set pieces, I think Johnny Jackson has Murphy's number when it comes to getting stuck in.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

To be fair... in the match up of skilled but slow midfield maestros with a talent for set pieces, I think Johnny Jackson has Murphy's number when it comes to getting stuck in.
    Johnny can get stuck in alright!: youtube.com/watch?v=v1W-bHtY5tc
  • Options
    looks like he may be chickening out, needs a late fitness test
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Good luck to him, any player dropped, and given the chance to sign for a bigger and better club should take it. As for pace he never had any. Loved watching him and bear no grudges.

fully agree, no point in booing, look what happens when we boo defoe

• Options
    To be fair to him, those recaro bucket seats at WHL were pretty comfortable.
  • Options
    I would've been in the boo camp, but got that out of my system at the Fulham cup game last season. Now just want us to help the Blackburn fans put the final nail in Kean's coffin - ummm, by beating them. Still not forgiven them for the drubbing at operation ewood.
  • Options
    It needs to be remembered that that reason for Curbs dropping him and then his getting Mrs Murphy to throw a hissy fit on his behalf was that other sides worked out that the way to deal with him was a little bit of heavy marking.
  • Options
    sm said:

It needs to be remembered that that reason for Curbs dropping him and then his getting Mrs Murphy to throw a hissy fit on his behalf was that other sides worked out that the way to deal with him was a little bit of heavy marking.

Well he played nearly 200 times for Fulham, so they managed to find a way of using his ability
  • Options
    Murphy is a very good player for this level and will be a danger.
  • Options
    Interview with him on blackburn site but you have to subscribe. Headline is:

Ex Charlton man Danny Murphy is expecting his old club, under former team mate Chris Powell, to provide a tough test on Saturday.