Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options
    Much preferred the 'Kean is too good for you' chant. Blackburn are a grubby little club who have been in a false position for years due to the Walker money. As many others do I remember going to Blackburn when they really were a club in the doldrums, early 90s. I don't personally believe there are 9k Rovers fans staying away because of Kean. Oh and if the Murphy watch story is true he really is nasty.
  • Options
    Murphy was dropped from the side and instead of fighting for his place did a runner, thinking he was too big for the place and leaving the club in the lurch to some extent. No surprise he is widely disliked. His wife does not deserve abuse, regardless of what she says on Twitter. But it is a football stadium, not Covent Garden or G'Bourne, so is going to happen.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The "Danny Murphy is a C***" chant is worse than the whore one to me as while I don't mind my kids being exposed to swearing at football as it's part of life, the c-word is something I wince at when said in front of them, and the entire covered end singing it isn't ideal.

Having said that, as long as a song doesn't break a law and isn't racist or homophobic then I have no big issue with it. I'd rather we were noisy and had a song like the whore one, than sat in silence like it seems some would prefer.

Murphy's wife loved the attention she got from being his missus, milked it, and was deliberately controversial to raise her profile. If she gets a bit of abuse back in the form of a chant not directly aimed at her face* well I don't think she can really complain too much.

*the abuse she allegedly got at Fulham aimed directly at her was too far in my opinion but I'm sure she can cope with a song sung from the stands.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure neither of them give two hoots
  • Options
    Banstead, what is the watch story?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    995632 said:

Banstead, what is the watch story?

It think that he flippantly said to one of the training ground staff his watch was worth more than they earnt in a year...but don't quote me. I might be wrong
  • Options
    Carter said:

I'm pretty sure neither of them give two hoots

Me too, and probably the people moaning as well.
  • Options

Some of you must be a right laugh.

Exactly some people on here seem to cry over the smallest things, don't know how they manage to operate in everyday life.
  • Options
    I think the fact he made sure he was the last man down the tunnel at half time suggests he wasn't bothered about the chants.

Funny, because his performance also gave the impression of someone who wasn't bothered. Still got his passing ability but he just didn't seem interested to me.

At the end of the match I had to check if he was still on or had been substituted because it had been so long since I noticed him.
  • Options
    I didn't like the insults aimed at him -we should be better than that IMO, but felt to me that he didn't want to be there. I think he is very near the end of his career on that showing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

She bad mouthed us and clearly wanted a bit of attention. Well she got it. Didn't sing it myself but not bothered if anyone else does

Spot on, don't give it if you can't take it.
  • Options
    Not that this debate will ever go anywhere, you're either find it acceptable to call another man's wife a whore or not, but could someone please explain two quick points for me.

Would it have been acceptable to do the same to ANY other player, manager, etc? How about Colin Hendry? He got some stick for not giving the ball back quick enough didn't he, would it be okay to give him the same treatment?

Also, why is it the case that because you find this or some other chant unacceptable it follows that you must sit in silence and are therefore not supporting the lads? It seems a facile argument used to justify the actions of the minority who join in with the less savoury sort of chanting that happens.
  • Options
    I don't think Colin Hendry is the most appropriate example
  • Options
    If there was a would ya concerning the said lady, I would (yes I am that shallow).
  • Options
    The only time I can remember Charlton fans sining about a players Mrs was Danny Murphy because his wife bad mouthed us and Victoria Beckham because everyone did it for a period of time as they are massive celebrities. Right or wrong either way it's not a common thing from us.
  • Options
    I thought they were singing "Your life is a chore"
  • Options

Not that this debate will ever go anywhere, you're either find it acceptable to call another man's wife a whore or not, but could someone please explain two quick points for me.

Would it have been acceptable to do the same to ANY other player, manager, etc? How about Colin Hendry? He got some stick for not giving the ball back quick enough didn't he, would it be okay to give him the same treatment?

Also, why is it the case that because you find this or some other chant unacceptable it follows that you must sit in silence and are therefore not supporting the lads? It seems a facile argument used to justify the actions of the minority who join in with the less savoury sort of chanting that happens.

Why not chant something louder and drown them out? That's what happened for the Parkinson Out chant.

• Options

If there was a would ya concerning the said lady, I would (yes I am that shallow).

You couldn't afford her :-)

• Options
    The thing that gets me is for some reason it is seen as acceptable behaviour at a footie match to sing songs about players wife's, mums or whatever other family they can think up at the time and is classed as "banter". Where as if I saw you in the street and started singing with my mates your wife is a whore you would probably smack me! Plus if you saw Danny Murphy in the street one on one I doubt any of the people who sing the song would have the bollocks to sing it then! FACT!
  • Options

The thing that gets me is for some reason it is seen as acceptable behaviour at a footie match to sing songs about players wife's, mums or whatever other family they can think up at the time and is classed as "banter". Where as if I saw you in the street and started singing with my mates your wife is a whore you would probably smack me! Plus if you saw Danny Murphy in the street one on one I doubt any of the people who sing the song would have the bollocks to sing it then! FACT!

THIS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think all Charlton fans can agree Murphy's wife is a numpty for what she said. If she expects no backlash then she is even more foolish than I first thought. I didn't sing the song but I didn't care anyone else did.

I don't like Murphy, but i didn't boo him. When he was mouthing off to the ref and Solly I was a bit more....expressive.
  • Options

In the same way danny murphy or his wife wouldnt go and sit in the north upper and slag off charlton to peoples faces.

She used a national newspaper column to slag of charlton so i guess we should all probably write to her and tell her what we think.

I didnt sing it but lt did make me giggle.
  • Options
    What did Mrs Murphy actually say about us that justifies calling her a whore?
  • Options
    As I said on the post match thread, the chants were totally out of order. Felt like I was at a Millwall game at times yesterday. Boo him for what you think of him as a person or a footballer but don't bring his family into it.

Also, I think there is a touch of double standards here. I guarantee if an opposition team was chanting stuff about 1 of our players families there would be a thread dozens of pages long with our fans saying how out of order it is!!
  • Options
    It's done now.
  • Options

1. Murphy is a class player and did well for us.
    2. He showed some of that quality yesterday but lacked the fitness/energy to impose himself on the game.
    3. The chants about his wife, whatever she did in the past, were embarrassing (we ARE better than that), puerile and childish.
    4. Some people think differently - no need to slag off fellow Addicks of different views.

• Options

Crusty54 said:

some of his passes today were superb. His knee was taped up and he walked most of the game. If you didn't see the quality still there you weren't watching the same game as me.

While we are at it 'this'!

He may have strolled around the centre circle all match but he kept them ticking over and his pass completion stats must be close to 100%.
    Sorry can not agree with this, a couple of pretty passes yes but he was slow, cumbersome & when put under pressure poor at times. You know when he is having a bad game as he constantly whinges, as he did yesterday.

• Options

Crusty54 said:

some of his passes today were superb. His knee was taped up and he walked most of the game. If you didn't see the quality still there you weren't watching the same game as me.

While we are at it 'this'!

He may have strolled around the centre circle all match but he kept them ticking over and his pass completion stats must be close to 100%.
    Sorry can not agree with this, a couple of pretty passes yes but he was slow, cumbersome & when put under pressure poor at times. You know when he is having a bad game as he constantly whinges, as he did yesterday.

I agree with HP on this one. Yeah he made a few nice passes but hardly dictated things or started any particularly dangerous attacks. Stephens often aggravates some addicks for the same reason but the difference between the two yesterday was obvious - Stephens when off the ball went looking for it and tried to get things going, Murphy lounges around waiting for someone to pass to him. Whether Stephens at full potential will ever match Murphy in his prime is another story but at their current levels I would take Dale every single time without a second's thought.
  • Options
    It's a fucking football match! If you don't wanna hear naughty language go to the fucking opera. I hate Murphy and his missus so I sang his wife is a whore at the top of my lungs! She bad mouthed the club so I feel like she bad mouthed me cause I love this club. If his wife had kept her mouth shut we wouldn't of sung anything about her, she started it. If you can't take it don't give it out!
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with it.

"Posh Spice is a slapper...."