Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options

Not fussed either way really....if he acknowledges the Covered End, I'll clap him...if he gives a rude gesture (a la Mike Salmon/Nicky Weaver) I'll give him stick.....if nothing happens, I won't do anything! Reactive rather than proactive!!
    Thought he was an excellent player for us until he fell foul of Curbs' Law...then he stropped off and departed for Spurs under a cloud, which wasn't helped by his wife's comments.
    One thought though.....Did he get near the England squad once he left us? No.....so our club did do something positive for your career Danny, which I don't believe you've shown any gratitude for.

• Options
    The story I heard about a player's wife have influence was Danny Mills during a loan spell. She wanted him at home on Christmas day with her and the kids and she pressured him to find a way of getting sent off so he would be banned and bingo swore at the ref during that last saturday before Chriistmas game at home to Hull incurring him an instant 3 game ban. Shame because there will always be part of me that will grateful to Danny Mills for being part of the 1998 play-off winning team. But it wouldn't surprise me if Mrs Murphy also played a part in her husband's move away from Charlton.
  • Options
    Nug said:

ColinTat said:

Thought Curbs' treated him atrociously. He'd been head and shoulders above all our midfielders, still willing to show himself, then we went through a bad patch, and he was dropped and Curbs's stated to the media he'd been let done by some senior players performances. Murphy was the only one very definitely dropped.

Good luck to him, any player dropped, and given the chance to sign for a bigger and better club should take it. As for pace he never had any. Loved watching him and bear no grudges.

Add me to this, thought he was a great player, gutted when he left. Think Curbs comments, true or not, about premieres done him in with most fans. Can't say I saw him on many red carpets!

I dislike him intensely because as he left he slagged off the club but more importantly he slagged off the fans

• Options
    knee injury reported
  • Options
    bottled it
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

knee injury reported

Couldn't have been that bad, as he starts for them.
  • Options
    At this stage in his career I doubt there's much difference between Danny Murphy with and without a knee injury
  • Options
    nolly said:

bottled it

Must be his twin on the pitch then.

I'm in the booing will result in him scoring camp hence a stoney silence from me.
  • Options
    What reception is he getting?
  • Options
    We have some really classy supporters don't we? Singing stuff about his missus is not on imho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lighten up Bournemouth this is football
  • Options
    Mike said:

Mike - I guess you would say its ok to call my wife a whore then?
  • Options
    My poiny being, you don't know murphys wife, you don't know my wife, or bournemouths. Therefore by your logic they are all whores.
  • Options
    lighten up. It's football. Do you expect our supporters to be a bunch of saints.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ it is football

So you can't call the ref a wanka because you dont know him or me and therefore it's not right

The goalie can't be called names cos you don't know him

Give it a fuking rest it's football get on with it or find something else
  • Options
    Who cares. He was abused and had a poor game, that's the whole point of it. It's not personal, it's football. Bloody hell.
  • Options

Mike said:

Mike - I guess you would say its ok to call my wife a whore then?

on a sports pitch with banter? Would say it is yer. In a pub or on the street, no.
  • Options
    If you play for a football team in front of paying customers and your wife has bad mouthed the opposing team then yep you would be fair game
  • Options

If you play for a football team in front of paying customers and your wife has bad mouthed the opposing team then yep you would be fair game

I get the banter etc, and I didn't know she bad mouthed charlton. But I just think calling someone a whore who isn't even on the pitch crosses the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    damo should be a cricket fan.
  • Options
    Earnt his money today, didn't he. World class player is Danny.
  • Options

you obviously have never heard some of the songs sang by the barmy army when away.
  • Options
    I give up
  • Options

Or maybe I have just been bought up by better parents than you in a decent family......
  • Options

you obviously have never heard some of the songs sang by the barmy army when away.
    nah I have to be fair. Its just less frequent as a rule than in football. Maybe bowls then?
  • Options

Or maybe I have just been bought up by better parents than you in a decent family......

the hypocrisy? You're saying we cant call people names who arent on the pitch and/or we dont know. Then make that nice little assumption - ironic?
  • Options

whoah. why is everyone so tetchy this evening?
  • Options
    Not even worth the talk this chant. There are something appauling things said/sang at football matches, this wasn't one of them, its a laugh at his expense.
    I thought it was funny.
  • Options
    some of his passes today were superb. His knee was taped up and he walked most of the game. If you didn't see the quality still there you weren't watching the same game as me.