Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy Of Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps a you're not glamorous any more would've been better, ho hum, maybe at Ewood. People are reading far too much in to calling her a whore. It's an insult with no substance to someone who insulted us. Calling BWP's mum a whore is a different kettle of fish IMO.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Yeah but, you would wouldn't ya? From my recollection her portrayal of the character 'geri' in hollyoaks was excellent.

How much?

• Options
    boggzy said:

Mixed feelings, really. I don't actually think he or she particularly deserves it, and I find it classless and embarrassing. But if it was to do with someone like Terry, Lee Hughes or something, I really would not give a flying one, if I'm honest.

What REALLY annoys me, is that, like it or not, a large percentage of our vocal support is quite Millwall-like now, and they'll happily bellow something like that out, 'IN-GUR-LUND' (v Man U after the Ronaldo wink), or the pathetic Addams family - but never really sing any of the many songs we have to support the club. 'W*NKER, W*NKER' at the Ref as well, (usually quite rightly), people very enthusiastic with that one. Less so with actual Charlton chants, or player chants!

If only.
  • Options
    are you saying it isn't but you wish it was?

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    There are things that are acceptable and those that are not. The chant on Saturday was unacceptable and unnecessary alright Danny Murphy will never be Mr. Popular at The Valley and sure his wife did come out with some nonsense but that doesn't warrant that kind of behaviour. You know what the only person who came out of Saturday with some dignity was Danny Murphy himself so the chant had the opposite effect. Made me sad to sit there frankly.
  • Options
    I'm all for Murphy getting stick, but cant agree with the song about his wife.
    It crossed the line IMHO.
  • Options
    Football crowds say rude things. Outrage.
  • Options

Agree, been going for 40 years, heard most things. Not outraged, just not for me.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Agree, been going for 40 years, heard most things. Not outraged, just not for me.
    Nor me, we even get a telling off in the Mail today.
  • Options
    What annoys me the most about this type of thread, is the blatant selective hearing of those in the East and West stands! Last week v palace when they 'outsung' us for 90 mins, those in the west and east 'couldnt hear' the north upper, now when a few hundred sing about some bint who c**ted us off in her rotten column in a rotten rag then they can hear us loud and clear! Seriously, stop bleating about stuff on someone elses behalf, he is filthy rich doing something he probably loves, with a fit wife and a big house, sorted for life and if he is still thinking about a silly chant in a football ground then i'll be fuckingStunned!

Quit with the holier than thou bollox, its ridiculous!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair palace were very loud and Blackburn were very quiets so its completely different
  • Options
    MCS said:

What annoys me the most about this type of thread, is the blatant selective hearing of those in the East and West stands! Last week v palace when they 'outsung' us for 90 mins, those in the west and east 'couldnt hear' the north upper, now when a few hundred sing about some bint who c**ted us off in her rotten column in a rotten rag then they can hear us loud and clear! Seriously, stop bleating about stuff on someone elses behalf, he is filthy rich doing something he probably loves, with a fit wife and a big house, sorted for life and if he is still thinking about a silly chant in a football ground then i'll be fuckingStunned!

Brilliant post!
  • Options
    MCS said:

Trouble is MCS, where does it end, what if a footballers kid said something on twitter, would it be Ok to give a footballers kids similar stick?
    I'm all for supporters giving players pelters to stop them playing well, but when it comes to wives and family, its not something I agree with.

Just my opinion of course, but there you go.

• Options
    Personally i don't give a fuck about Danny Murphy or his wife but i do give a fuck about the kids in my charge. The F's, C's, Wankers etc we can giggle about and when they go home thier parents know what they've heard. Explaining the chant about` whore' and stopping them joining in was a little bit difficult. So maybe a bit of thought for others.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

MCS said:

Trouble is MCS, where does it end, what if a footballers kid said something on twitter, would it be Ok to give a footballers kids similar stick?
    I'm all for supporters giving players pelters to stop them playing well, but when it comes to wives and family, its not something I agree with.

Just my opinion of course, but there you go.

No, and I don't think Charlton fans would ever target a kid, so it's not even up for debate.
  • Options
    My saturday is normally pub, then North Upper, but sat in the East with my 12yr old niece on Saturday, and it is amazing how different your approach to everything is when you have kids with you.

It was tried to get off the ground 3-4 times before it properly took enough, and I sat there waiting for the comment that was to come "what are they singing ?". There must have been hundreds of parents or others taking kids who were asked that question at that point.

"I can't work out what they're saying" was my response. I'd had a bit of time to think about it in anticipation, and i've no problem with telling her what it was. It was more the fact that as i was actually thinking about it, it seemed so, well, ridiculous. "They're calling his wife a whore" just plays no real semblence to a football match, and just a nastier version of some form of 'your mum' insult.

I wasn't outraged, though. I don't think anyone was. Think it was cheap, childish, classless etc, but no one was outraged, and there was a collective laugh in the East on the first clear time everyone else could work out what was said. Just all trying a bit to hard to Millwall-ish if you ask me, which strangely some seem to want.

Perhaps i am simply too idealogic in my thoughts / hopes that we historically have a bit more class and humour to our abusing of the oppo. When i think of some of the banter / abuse people like Carlton Cole, David Speedie, Robbie Savage etc have taken over the years, it can be done without sinking to the cheap bottom line and have the desired effect.
  • Options

My saturday is normally pub, then North Upper, but sat in the East with my 12yr old niece on Saturday, and it is amazing how different your approach to everything is when you have kids with you.

It was tried to get off the ground 3-4 times before it properly took enough, and I sat there waiting for the comment that was to come "what are they singing ?". There must have been hundreds of parents or others taking kids who were asked that question at that point.

"I can't work out what they're saying" was my response. I'd had a bit of time to think about it in anticipation, and i've no problem with telling her what it was. It was more the fact that as i was actually thinking about it, it seemed so, well, ridiculous. "They're calling his wife a whore" just plays no real semblence to a football match, and just a nastier version of some form of 'your mum' insult.

I wasn't outraged, though. I don't think anyone was. Think it was cheap, childish, classless etc, but no one was outraged, and there was a collective laugh in the East on the first clear time everyone else could work out what was said. Just all trying a bit to hard to Millwall-ish if you ask me, which strangely some seem to want.

Perhaps i am simply too idealogic in my thoughts / hopes that we historically have a bit more class and humour to our abusing of the oppo. When i think of some of the banter / abuse people like Carlton Cole, David Speedie, Robbie Savage etc have taken over the years, it can be done without sinking to the cheap bottom line and have the desired effect.

Agree!
  • Options
    AFKABartram said:

Agree!

I also agree with this comment I wasn't outraged just a bit disappointed for me there has to be a line drawn and this crossed it. Where does it end? If a player has a disabled child we sing a song about that? Small wonder gay footballers don't come out!
  • Options
    Following on from @afka's point I had a group of a dozen or so boys and girls sitting in front of me together with three parents (they were a pain in the Arris tbf!)

When this one started up one of the parents was asked the same question and replied that she was a 'bore', which I thought was quick thinking.

My point is that maybe the perception of our club as being a family friendly place has now been changed for those parents bringing those kids along and maybe, instead of becoming regulars, they'll take them shopping, bowling or whatever instead?

I know that some on here would be only too happy for us to lose that reputation but much of our recent growth has been based on this demographic and we simply cannot afford to make the Valley a place where this sort of rubbish becomes acceptable.

• Options

spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Following on from @afka's point I had a group of a dozen or so boys and girls sitting in front of me together with three parents (they were a pain in the Arris tbf!)

When this one started up one of the parents was asked the same question and replied that she was a 'bore', which I thought was quick thinking.

My point is that maybe the perception of our club as being a family friendly place has now been changed for those parents bringing those kids along and maybe, instead of becoming regulars, they'll take them shopping, bowling or whatever instead?

I know that some on here would be only too happy for us to lose that reputation but much of our recent growth has been based on this demographic and we simply cannot afford to make the Valley a place where this sort of rubbish becomes acceptable.

also spot on
  • Options
    people are so precious.

Murphy prob woke up yesterday and smoked a cuban cigar in his four poster bed while his missus took a dump in her gold plated khazi and wiped her arse with a £50 note. i cant imagine they are that bothered what a few charlton fans sung for 90 minutes the day before.

• Options

No. We are still very much perceived as a family club. The Addams Family song has been sung every single week for years, and the wheels on the bus often comes up. A few hundred decided to slag off Murphy's wife on Saturday doesn't necessarily indicate some sort of drasic change.
  • Options
    Reminds me of when we played Northwich in the cup and people were singing that they were a tinpot club. How many of those supporters went home and cried about it do you reckon, but their was uproar on here!

Is it funny? No, not really, just seems a bit pathetic. However, people on here love to, or seem to NEED to get their knickers in a twist over nothing, let it go!
  • Options
    What is everyone so uptight about? that it disgraced charlton fans? gave us a bad name? you people do realize football has a bad name due to racism and other factors, but you'll all still say you're football fans, yes some fans sung a song about his wife being a whore, don't mean that our perception to anybody will change? sad thing is everyone thinks someones a dickhead, and if you want to think NU are dickheads for singing it feel free, it's also ammusing as it seems to be bothering alot of you on here more than it would her, is it because she's a woman to some of you? and she shouldn't be subjected to it? if so that's rubbish too.
  • Options

people are so precious.

Murphy prob woke up yesterday and smoked a cuban cigar in his four poster bed while his missus took a dump in her gold plated khazi and wiped her arse with a £50 note. i cant imagine they are that bothered what a few charlton fans sung for 90 minutes the day before.

I couldn't give a crap about what danny murphy does at the weekend, although you seem to have thought about it a lot. I dont care whether it bothered him at all or his mrs. It bothered me.

What I do care about, and if you had bothered to read people's posts above properly, is that there are idiots that follow our club that think that a song like that is 'funny'.

I don't wish to be asssociated with these people, and I dont want the reputation of the club to be damaged by these moronic chants on a scale wider than in the ground on saturday afternoon. My knickers are not in a twist, I'm not uptight, I'm not precious, I just find it embarrassing that it was sung by supporters of my club.
  • Options
    I couldn't give a crap about what danny murphy does at the weekend, although you seem to have thought about it a lot. I dont care whether it bothered him at all or his mrs. It bothered me.

What I do care about, and if you had bothered to read people's posts above properly, is that there are idiots that follow our club that think that a song like that is 'funny'.

I don't wish to be asssociated with these people, and I dont want the reputation of the club to be damaged by these moronic chants on a scale wider than in the ground on saturday afternoon. My knickers are not in a twist, I'm not uptight, I'm not precious, I just find it embarrassing that it was sung by supporters of my club.

one 'chant' won't ruin the reputation of our club and just because you're a charlton fan people wont' associate you with the chants or being 'moronic' over that chant, we can all support charlton and have different views on things. don't see how people are embarrassed by something you have no control over.
  • Options

are you saying it isn't but you wish it was?

Unbelievable.

Yes I am. Sorry if you don't feel the same way.

• Options

What is everyone so uptight about? that it disgraced charlton fans? gave us a bad name? you people do realize football has a bad name due to racism and other factors, but you'll all still say you're football fans, yes some fans sung a song about his wife being a whore, don't mean that our perception to anybody will change? sad thing is everyone thinks someones a dickhead, and if you want to think NU are dickheads for singing it feel free, it's also ammusing as it seems to be bothering alot of you on here more than it would her, is it because she's a woman to some of you? and she shouldn't be subjected to it? if so that's rubbish too.

With you on this Marriott
  • Options
    the fact that a national newspaper reported it says it all for me, these journos go to games all over the place yet never report such things generally so he must have thought it crass enough to warrant a mention